Sussex County Agriculture Facts ...
Sussex County Delaware ranks near the top in many agricultural statistics when compared to the other 3,128 counties in the United States.
Corn and soybean farming and raising broiler chickens account for most of the county's agricultural production.
Following are facts and figures about Sussex County's booming agriculture industry:
- Sussex County produces more chickens than any other county in the United States;
- Sussex County ranks 27th in the United States in the market value of its agricultural production;
- Sussex County ranks in the Top 100 counties in the United States in vegetable production;
- Sussex County is the largest soybean producing county east of the Appalachian Mountains;
- Almost half of the land in Sussex County is devoted to farming;
- Sussex County has the highest percentage of farms in the state that are operated by women.
- Internet Access
- Email Updates
- SC Online
- Sussex Search
- Sussex Shop
- Home Page
- Special Offers
- Sussex News