Referendum at Woodbridge

Sussex County Online User Forums: Sussex County Delaware Discussion Forum: Referendum at Woodbridge
By Tara Jones on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 12:16 pm:

Please anyone who can please be present at the emergency meeting of the Woodbridge School Board meeting Tuesday night!!! We need the support of everyone. I don't think anyone truly realizes what we will lose if the referendum doesn't pass let alone if they don't even hold one. PLEASE GIVE US YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!

Woodbride Class of 2003

By Tara Jones on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 11:22 am:

Also I would like to say that if anyone on here could give me information on why they are against it, I would really like to hear you answers.

By Fan on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 10:16 pm:

This is Rusty Emory. As a varsity athlete i will speak for a lot of people when i say this but if their are no sports next year myself and some fellow athletes will leave. Not only athletes but many other students. Woodbridge needs to get their at together!!!!!!!!!

By Megha717 on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 07:53 am:

I go to SC and I've noticed that you don't see much coming from Woodbridge in way of sports. Not to say y'all are bad, I just think you need some more funding. It's kinda sad to see our competitors have to pul back from sports. Best of luck to you guys!

By centralfan on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 08:29 am:

take school choice and go to Central....
for real they produce the best and send so many students to college.

By Former Woodbridge Student on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 03:26 pm:

What's up everybody, I see the bridge is about to buckle. I mean it is about time for a revolution. I dont see it as the community isn't supporting the system, it's seems like the system doesn't have anything to offer. I mean look at it, the school is loosing money for track meets they could of had at home, but instead they haven't had a track built in 8 years. I feel as though that's an athletic directors issue. I mean yeah it looks good when the "Blue Raiders" come out after winning seasons with new uniforms but thats what you see in the front of the house not the back of the house. It's all politics. Trust me. If Woodbrdige is loosing out on sports, somebody, some people, some where is getting a good deal out of it. Or it could be a threat to the community to blackmail them into voting yes for the referendum. If you dont vote yes, your beatiful boys and girls wont have any sports. Its all politics. Basically im saying it's all about the money. A properly educated building is the foremost important but to Jamil, A.J., Rusty, Emilio, and all of the future althelets, take that ride with Raven Pride. I've been through the system, yes me Ernest Hudson. I have my diploma. But dont take my word for it.

By Tara Jones on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 10:06 pm:

EJ you are being a jerk, you know that so many people in Woodbridge gave you a chance that you never would have had any where else. Do you honestly think you could have played so many sports at say Cape where the competition is great to play one sport. Yeah we may be small but we can't get any better if we aren't given the chance. Yu of all people no about getting chances. I think you need to look back on what you wouldn't have accomplished if in a larger school.

By Nikki Youse on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 10:23 pm:

I think it is sad that our community doesn't support us like they should. Next year's senior class, which I am a part of, is basically screwed. We can't school chioce because that was done in January. The only way we can leave is if we own prperty somewhere else. I personally have no other relatives in this state, so I am stuck here. I have no intentions of leaving anyway. However, my life will be extremely boring without field hockey, winter track, spring track, band and color guard, key club, french club, and possibly the yearbook...who wants to go their senior year without a yearbook??? And what about college and scholarships??? Don't colleges look for well rounded students??? If there is no extracurricular activites how can a school produce well rounded students...they may be smart, but that's about it. So please think about it and support us at the meeting on Tuesday...do it for us...the students.

Nikki Youse

By No Data Sent on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 02:15 pm:

Tara Jones, please, let's stay on the topic and talk with true facts. It's not about me, it's not about you, it's about politics. Dont you get it. If all the mommy's and daddy's dont vote yes for the referendum, they are threatend to have there little boys and girls favorite sport rejected from the school. I mean the truth hurts, I mean I am intelligent and this in an "Intellegence War". It's about money Tara. How dare you insult me like that. Cape Henlopen, I mean I did get 3rd in the Henlopen Conference my senior year in the shot put, I did place 3rd my senior year at the State Meet in the discus, I did get voted not 3rd, not 2nd, but 1st team All "Henlopen" Conference (Southern Division)in Football my senior year. And most of all hold up......here comes the big one.....I received a Woodbridge School District diploma! Wow, now were talking. It looks like I had an outstanding senior year in not alone academics but in sports I must say will you? Oooops I'm sorry the budget will be cut the next fiscal year.

By Tara Jones on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 09:33 am:

If more people stayed out of the alternative school and in Woodbrdige, may be there could be more money in the district. The Alternative School, it takes a real genious to be the principal there. That whole school is pointless, if kids want to be bad, kick them out.

By Tara Jones on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 09:03 pm:

Let me just that the last comment was not written by me someone else wrote that.

By DHSc/o2003student on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 11:31 pm:

I go to delmar and delmar is just as small as woodbridge and we're going throught the same deal. the community needs to better support the school. i know it must be hard to think u guys could lose everything you've ever worked for, and for me, high school would be tough if i didn't have band and sports. i speak on behalf of the music department and some of the athletes.....if you guys need anything, don't think for one second you can't come and look our way for support! i will help in any way i can!!

delmar student
c/o 2003

By Jason Youse on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 03:13 pm:

I wouldnt support WOODBRIDGE FOR ANYTHING. They wanna go out and buy video survalience, Army people, and new stadiums, they need to get on WELFARE.

By WHS Athlete on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 10:10 pm:

But Jason, you certainly come around for a paycheck when you want to substitute!!!!

By SomeoneWhoKnows on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 10:28 pm:

Yeah Jason, let's cut out the money they spend on you to babysit and so called help the football team by sitting on your butt and agreeing with everything that the people that know what they are doing say, and I bet we could aford a little bit more. Just remember everything you were in at Woodbridge, and think about other people for a change then maybe you'll wake up from your dream world.

By Fan on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 09:17 pm:

i wanna thank delmar for their support. thanks a lot and hopefully we will make it through this!! jason youse, why wouldnt u support us. just think of what ur doing to ur sister.. come on man, all the time u spend around woodbridge and now u say u wouldnt suppot it. man thats messed up!! i think u should think about what u said and think of all the students that need these things for thier future!!!! oh yea, this is rusty.

By raider1 on Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 08:08 am:

I think we can all agree that not every decision (financial or otherwise) ever made by the Woodbridge School District has been a good one. But I have news for everybody - no district is perfect! We need to come together and try to correct our problems as a community. Yes, that means current students, alumni, parents, and all other community members. In difficult times we need to all pull together, not turn on each other. Hopefully in the next few weeks there will be information presented to the public regarding the true financial picture of the district and people can make informed decisions as to whether the district really does need additional funds or needs to just make better use of what they have. I don't know what the truth is yet, but I plan to do my best to find out before June 1. However, lets not forget that there are other ways to keep the sports and activities programs going even without a successful referendum. There is the "pay to play" option which while not perfect, is better than nothing. Also, I think the community would be more generous in contributing to fund raising efforts held directly to benefit the students to raise money for those programs. It would mean extra effort on the part of students wanting to participate in those programs, but I don't think that is such a bad thing. Regardless of the vote, we will get through this. I know I am not alone when I say that no matter what, money will be raised to have a football program come fall. So keep working hard in the weight room, focus on getting ready for a championship season, and let the adults fight it out over money. Thanks to the Delmar resident offering their support. Like I said, we all have to stick together!

By raider girl on Thursday, May 02, 2002 - 11:26 pm:

I think it's a shame that Woodbridge graudates can't even support the referendum. Especially when they were involved with all sorts of athletics and clubs, and also currently work for the district. I for one am a Woodbridge graduate and am doing fine in college now. I didn't go to college on athletic scholarships, I am going to school on an academic scholarship because of my hard work. I was involved in a lot of clubs and sports during my time at woodbridge. I don't know what I would have done without all of that stuff. School would have been a much more boring place. Extracurricular activities are what some kids go to school for. Why don't people understand that voting no for this referendum will do so much damage to this district? Students will leave the district, the drop out rate will increase, and people will lose their jobs. What does it say about the community if they won't vote for the kids? I hope this referendum passes. The kids in this district will lose so much if it does not. It's not just athletics and clubs that will go away. It's everything, banquets, tutoring, everything. Think about it people....I think you will agree that spending a little more money now is worth it if we are making a better future for some innocent children later. The children in this district aren't able to vote. We have to vote for THEM!!!

By The REAL Jason Youse on Friday, May 03, 2002 - 11:37 pm:

This is Jason Youse. First of all, I would like to say that there is a coward amoung us. I have not been to SussexCountyOnline since football season when I always put something good about the Bridge beating Delmar. I was informed today by Cody that someone has come on here and used my name to say vote no to the referendum on June 1. The information in that message is false to begin with. I have made the comment to many that the cameras were purchased with grant money. I am totally in support of the new MJROTC program at Woodbridge. I was impressed by what they have done with the basement with their new gear. And new stadiums? Please. Anyone who knows me knows that the athletic program at Woodbridge got me through high school. Why would I be out there with the football and track teams if I didn't care? I just got back from Easton, MD where the track team rocked the opposition, placing in most events and bringing home a couple hundred ribbons. I work for Woodbridge and am always there. So you are going to tell me that I would vote no for this referendum? Someone has a problem with me and that's fine, but when someone comes on here and uses my name that proves to me they are jealous. They must want to be me. I wish they wouldn't have been a coward and not put their E-mail address. I'm sorry for the lengthy message but I felt something needed to be done about this confusion. I've been to every meeting about this referendum and I will be voting yes, as I have voted yes, this time. Thank you very much.

By The REAL Jason Youse on Friday, May 03, 2002 - 11:49 pm:

By the way, on Mon Apr. 29 at 3:13 pm I was in a classroom in college using the education Woodbridge provided me. I'm seeing a lot of dumb stuff in this forum. Those of you who like to cause problems can go somewhere else because SussexCountyOnline is a place for people to come to seriously put their thoughts, not for babies (who by the way are afraid to say who they are) to come and play games with people.

By raider1 on Saturday, May 04, 2002 - 11:39 am:

I would encourage anyone with questions regarding the upcoming referendum to attend the upcoming board meeting on May 6th at the elementary school in Greenwood. I understand that people want solid information on which to base their vote, and meetings like this are the place to get it. I ask that you review the financial information being provided by the district, ask questions about it, and base your vote on it. Many people in the newspapers are asking why we can't just hold fundraisers like the Charter School did if we want more money. The answer is pretty simple. For every $1 raised through donations, all the district gets is that $1. However, under the proposed referendum for every $1 of increased property tax I pay, the state will kick in approximately $1.25 for a total to the district of $2.25. Which would you rather have? Add to that the fact that this referendum is expected to raise over $600,000 a year for the district. Any idea how many BBQ's, car washes and bake sales it would take to raise that much money? Let me close by saying that I can respect anyone who still decides to vote no after reviewing the facts. That is the entire benefit of our democratic system - allowing people to have differing points of view. However, I have no patience for people who decide to vote no or bad mouth the district without trying to find out the facts. Please get informed!!

By Tara Jones on Saturday, May 04, 2002 - 09:39 pm:

Jason I do apologize, I really thought it was you, but I should have seen they were using your name as well as mine. Thank you very much for explaining and again I apologize.

Tara

By Linda Youse on Monday, May 06, 2002 - 01:01 pm:

First I'd like to say my family is WOODBRIDGE PROUD. Our son is a graduate and our daughter is a junior. Since we moved to the area ,5 years ago, both of our children have become a very big part of the Woodbridge community. I will vote yes, like I did for every referendum since we got here. This needs to be done for the kids. If you have questions about what the money will be used for or why we need the increase at all,come to the board meeting. Don't sit at home with your questions unanswered.

Anyone who was at the Evening with the Arts program, Friday night, saw what a great job the kids of the district can do. I would hope everyone who attended votes YES.

I am also very proud of my kids being the only posters on this board to have the guts to include their email addresses. They've been taught to stand behind what they say. That is when they really say it. Not the coward who uses my son's name! Anyone who really knows Jason knows he would never talk bad about "his" Woodbridge.

VOTE YES FOR THE KIDS

By Eileen on Monday, May 06, 2002 - 07:13 pm:

Mrs. Youse, you should be very proud of your children, it's great to see that they are concerned and stay involved.

By Former AllConference selection, email me too. on Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 01:08 pm:

Hello everyone, no one thought that i would be in college,proud to be at DSU. Jason and his family actually care about "there" Woodbridge. Why that school doesn't matter to anyone. If people can't afford to pay an increase then they can't. It doesnt matter what the money is for ask the state for it! And if the Youse family cares so much why not give them all of your earnings? Maybe if Nikki and Jason werent so spoiled they would actually see the real world.

By raider1 on Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 05:11 pm:

Okay now Mr. All Conference, lets review. If you are who I think you are, you gained an awful lot by being involved in sports at Woodbridge. Don't you want other kids to have the same opportunity you had? I received a quality education at Woodbridge that gave me the foundation for a successful career. While you are correct that a tax increase would be an additional financial burden, it is a relatively small one. The average tax increase would be just over $40,and if your property is valued lower than average in the district than your increase would be even lower. We can't just "ask the state" to give us money - funding from the state is based on a number of variables, and having residents who don't want to give back to the school is not one of them. I wish you the best at DSU, but I hope you don't forget where you came from and the experiences you had at Woodbridge that helped put you where you are today.

As for the Youse's, our district would be much better off if there were more families like them. They not only talk the talk, but walk the walk. The are at a great number of their children's activities and take an active interest in the school. Yes, they are fortunate to have higher incomes (I think)than some others in our district but it is silly to try and hold that against them. Those who have been blessed with good fortune need to do their best to pass it on, and I believe that is what their family (and mine) tries to do.

By Error!! 911 on Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 08:50 pm:

Well, Im Sorry......Maybe know one understands where I'm coming from. What may be a small tax increase to you, might be a large increase to others. Know one has showed more raider pride ever on this "Sussex County Online, untill they heard that sports were going to be cut out. Does swinging a bat and throwing a ball mean that much to you? The whole school system is basically about politics. Can't you see the racism in the school. The system has been trying so hard to get blacks out of the school. Look at how many of the black kids have been given a second chance, versus the white kids. Does anyone remember when when Mr. Bean tried to push me down the steps. Does any one remember when he threatened me. I'm sure people do. I was this far from sueing the district. Im glad sports are cutting out a Woodbridge. I hope football doesnt though. It's time for a revolution.

By J Youse on Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 09:24 pm:

I am sorry for the inconvience of this message to the community...
Woodbridge should have thrown you out. I dont want to say this about you but your behavior was untolerable. The way you treated new teachers, like Mrs. E and Mr. Zorub, should make you ashamed of yourself. It sure makes me sad to realize that someone with your talent can be so wasteful. As for our senior year with football, you hide behind being selected conference. Well if I was that size maybe I'd be a State selection with Jeremy, Chris, and Birdie. Coaches knew I had heart and that's how I got there, not with my size. But hey its alright, I congradulated you when you got it. I think it put you on the right track. But now look what you are doing. You are putting down your school, captain, and community. I want a straight reason, why? You call me spoiled? If I didn't have that car how would you have gotten home after practice when you asked me for a ride? Think about the small things before you go straight to the big things.

Once again, I encourage the Woodbridge Community to Vote Yes on June 1.

By Bigger, Faster, Stronger on Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 11:01 pm:

Well, Well. So what! You gave me a ride because you felt sorry for the poor black man huh? You didnt do it as a friend. As far as football, Im on the right track. Your right, in high school I wasn't anything. Why? because I didnt want it bad enough. But now I realize I didnt make an big enough impact. But you'll here about me soon. Trust me captain. Trust Me. If you had that much heart, how come I always crushed you? I realize in college I haven't proven anything but like you said, My talent will show.

By J Youse on Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 11:10 pm:

I wish you the best. I honestly do.

By raider1 on Wednesday, May 08, 2002 - 08:13 am:

Who do you think is going to suffer the most if substantial cuts are made in the district? My guess is it will be lower income students of all races. If activities are "pay to play" they will be the ones who can't afford to participate in all the activities they would like. If staff positions are lost it will be kids already having difficulty in school that will suffer because there will be fewer staff to try and meet their needs. Yes, I agree there are strong racial issues in our district and the way a student is treated is often based on the color of their skin or who their family is. And no, I don't think it is fair. Mr. All Conference - since the first time I met you I believed there was something special in you and I have tried to be supportive of your accomplishments. I never saw you as the "poor black man" but as someone who was trying his best to make something of himself. And you are on the right road to doing that, doing well in college, getting ready to play football again, etc. If you want to do right by all the kids in the district,regardless of race, then please evaluate this referendum based on its financial impact. You are right that there are other issues to address in our district, but this vote is not the way to do it.

By TO ALL I OFFENDED on Wednesday, May 08, 2002 - 09:28 am:

I would like to apologize for my blunt ingonorance on this forum. Jason I'm sorry for the rude remarks I made. It was only for fun. To raider 1 your remarks were very motivational and I will continue to prosper in all that I do. I hope the referendum does pass. I hope that each and every boy and girl at The Bridge has another chance to shine whether it be on the field, on the court, on the track or whatever. Woodbrige is not the base for someones education, proper education starts with self. Woodbridge has given me so many chances and I do appreciate it. I hope that all the people that were offended by my BS remarks will accept my apoligy. sike, i lied, i hope the referendum doesn't pass. ha ha ha ha ha.....

By J Youse on Wednesday, May 08, 2002 - 12:27 pm:

Wow, that's funny. You know what? That's hilarious!!!

By No Data Sent Error 1563.. on Wednesday, May 08, 2002 - 06:35 pm:

Come on Jason, I know you have a sense of humor!

By Tara Jones on Wednesday, May 08, 2002 - 10:57 pm:

EJ, I will tell you right now that I have grown up seeing black people as equal, and I still do, except you. You go around thinking everyone is after you, and all is against you, did you ever think you did it to yourself by this senseless stupidity you dispaly, like your ill fated comments on an internet forum? All through high school I saw you catching breaks, perhaps you should come back and ask how many of your classes you would have failed if someone didn't give you another chance. Of all people that you must bad mouth, why should it be some of the nicest people to ever enter our school district? Are you jealous? Or just simply that insecure that you have to try to use your race as an excuse? If you wanted people to treat you equally maybe you should not try to use your differences to your advantage. I really don't care anymore what you think about the referendum, because you are misinformed and bitter about something that is no one's fault but your own. What I do care about is your immaturity, that you deal with problems as my 5 year old cousin would, by pointing fingers and calling names. If Woodbridge didn't teach you anything it was maturity, and somehow I think that should have come from within, but then again, I guess we all can't have everything. And furthermore, the Youse's, in the few short years they have been here, have touched many lives, and are the decent people whose shoes you don't deserve to kiss. I love you Nikki! And to the rest of the Youse family, thank you for giving Woodbridge a good name, I guess there is always one bad apple.

By cody hartzell on Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 04:53 pm:

hey ej how about u not come back to woodbridge anymore then since u are so against us. why dont u juststay in dover and hae fun with ur new friends at school. as a matter of fact why did u ever come to woodbridge in the first place if all u gonna do now is turn ur back on everyone that ever gave u chance after chance after chance.

By O.K. enough games on Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 05:38 pm:

For one thing I would like to say that no one gave me a chance. If anyone gave me a chance it was because they saw what ever I was accused for was wrong. A lot of people there tried to hold me down. If people care about Woodbridge why arent there more people stating there opinion on this forum. Tara you talk bad about me, I did graduate with honors. I am in college unlike all of your red neck friends.

By I framed EJ on Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 05:40 pm:

I framed EJ, you actually belive he get on Sussexcountyonline. Yall are so sensitive

By lander on Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 08:07 pm:

Yo to tell you the truth yall all are trippen. Tara,cody,Jason. Yeah i know all yall. I even played football with some of you. Everybody keeps talking about this junk. But when i ride down the street i dont see any signs up or people passing out fliers to tell them to vote. Yall do all this talking but yall dont have no action. You can say all you want on here but whats that gonna do. NOTHING. Yall could even have fond raisers. Duh. common now. Look i was on the football team and yeah we had nice jerseys but how did we get them. Im not sure but i think we had to WORK FOR WHAT WE WANT. You know EARN IT. I know i quit school and went to job core. But look at me now. Im going to collage in miami. And what did woodbridge do for me. Nothing. Every teacher in there is two faced. To be honest i realy dont care what happens. And yeah im gonna vote. NO. And if anything to say to me holla at me at dcra19@aol.com
lander

By cody hartzell on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 10:25 pm:

hey Donte why u have to bring us three out yo. i thought we were boys but i guess i thought wrong. u doing the same thing ej did. u are turning ur back on all of us at the bridge.

By Daghost on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 08:03 pm:

first of all I go to the bridge and all yall suckers. We need to cut the sports anyway. this whole thing is about to go down hill anyway when my man weez get up outta here. you know why the baseball team can't win? They can't hit or field. Basically they can't play. (5 errors in one game) If you want to cut something cut baseball. And another thing everybody hating on my man skizz. The bridge is over. And tell the A.D. to let my man A.rawkey get on the squad. Basically this is straight from the heart!!!!!!!!

By Donte on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 09:53 pm:

Yo cody if thats what you think. You can think think what you want. If you wanna say im acting like ej you can say that to. Im only saying what i see. I dident bring yall out. You bring yourself out. You get on here and cry cause yall dont have no money. But yall dont have any fund raisers. Pitcher this. Your hungry and there food in the frig but you dont get up and get it. Its the same thing. If you want something bad enough youll go out and get it. dident you do that for football. But you cant do it now! why not? I guess thats cause you dont want it. Oh yeah any another thing i dident dident come over there to make firends. It just happend. And to be honest. I was better off in seaford.
Holla

By pitcher this. Its so lovely on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 10:02 pm:

Yo check this out. When the boys r gone who is gonna help the bridge. Yall wack . I olny give my props to the boys. They are woodbridge. To be honest. if the boys go to central who could stop them. Pitcher this
Aj
mill
drew Those three cant be stoped But wait im not done.
d-glass
ep

Thats the conference right there. Id loved to see it happen. Please help me make it happen and vote no.

By Telly on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 02:06 pm:

Yo check this the baseball team stinks. Rusty had 5 errors in one game they cant win so everybody stay off the bridge's jock P.S the bridge is over the bridge is Over Holla Front

By Fan on Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 08:06 pm:

This is Rusty, and i never had 5 errors in any games this year. Yea we sucked in baseball, we lost everybody last year, Jeremy Maddox, Josh Judy, Matt Adams, Brandon Dennis, just to name a few.... So we had to rebuild no big deal.. Jimmy Willey and I were the only ones that had any varsity playing time at all.. anyway there were a couple of sports that didnt do that good, basketball had a great team i thought and didnt do what they should of, we lost more games than we should of in football also. When Woodbridge plays teams they loose cause they beat their selves not cause the team beats them. Anyway i just wanted to let whoever know that i never had 5 errors in one game!

By Asymptote on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 05:51 pm:

Passing a referendum is not as easy as people think. There is a lot of time and energy that goes into it. It is more than raising money (try raising about 250,000 in less than a month) or passing out flyers and posting signs. Sometimes people can misinterpret those actions. As a Junior a Woodbridge, I noticed that there is misunderstandings and confusion about what is going on. I am trying to get an understanding and share the correct information I do know. I am in a low income family, and being African-American puts a twist on things too. To be honest, if my mother (I am from a single-parent household) were to vote, I am sure she would vote no. She is behind in her taxes, so yes, another $40 is a lot. That does not mean that she doesn't care. My mother has a right to her own opinion, just like everyone else. At least her two jobs keep her away from the polls. I don't want to see my classmates leave. Next year will be our last year. Let's be for real, the Junior class "rocks" in sports, as well as academics. We will probably be the biggest Senior class Woodbridge has seen in a long time. We might not be the biggest, strongest, or most popular school, but we have heart. Sometimes I think that we are a little "spoiled," but that goes on everywhere. We are no where near perfect, but who is? It's sad that the community has to finally realize that there is something wrong when there is a threat to extra-curricular activities. But if that's what it takes.......

By raider1 on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 01:55 pm:

If all our students were as sincere and well spoken as you are we would all be better off. You're right - there is alot of false information out there and we all need to do our part to find out the truth before voting on June 1st. The thing that I find most troubling though is that it will be the low income students who are most hurt by any cuts in programs. Some students may still be able to play sports if we end up with a "pay to play" system but of course that will be difficult if your family is already having trouble making ends meet. And how many low income kids will be able to get drivers education without it being offered in school? Please just remember that no matter what happens on 6/1 there are plenty of adults in this community who care about you and want to do the right thing. If you can, please come to the Raider Rally on Memorial Day at the football field from 10-1. There will be free hotdogs & soda, and presentations by some groups to show people why activities are so important. One thing your mom might want to look into is that there are certain property tax breaks available for low income households (not just senior citizens). I think it is called a Property Tax Subsidy, and more information can be obtained from the treasury division at 855-7760. Best of luck to you!

By Young Free on Monday, May 27, 2002 - 01:36 am:

Its about time i see more signs up. I see more signs out my way then i do in town. Thats kinda werid . Yall need help. Alot. I guess i could say good luck.

By Dennis Mullins on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 10:36 pm:

for some of the people of c/o 2005 should know me but anyways. the reason why it might not pass b/c of the older people they can dont deal with a tax incerses it will hurt them and your only school's u might be able to go to is Lake, Seaford, Tech thats all i think.

By raider1 on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 10:51 am:

Please, please, please! If you are a district resident and 18 or over, please vote on Saturday. Too often we don't exercise our right to vote, then complain about the outcome. Your vote counts, especially when so much is at stake for the kids and our community as a whole. Kids in the Woodbridge School District deserve to have the same educational opportunities as anyone else - only a vote "for" this referendum will make sure that happens!

By M.Opaliski on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 11:10 am:

I too would like to encourage all eligible district residents to vote this Saturday, vote in favor of the Woodbridge Referendum.

If just the parents of the children in the district would take the time to come out and vote, this referendum could easily be passed.

I'm hoping to see a good turnout so join me at the polls.

By Asymptote on Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 07:30 am:

Well, most of my class knows that I am on vacation now, but I have just found out that it passed, and I am so happy. In case anyone wants to know, my mother didn't vote, not like it would matter anyway, lol. I am so happy! Class of 2003, lets make it HOT LIKE FIRE!!

By Nikki Youse on Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 12:36 pm:

I am really relieved that this passed. I did't know what I was going to do if it didn't pass. I just want to thank the community for coming out and voting the way they did. This never would have happened with out the community and all the adults and students that helped push this referendum. I am now, more than ever, proud to call myself a Woodbridge Raider. I have no doubts that my Senior year will be the best ever! Thanks again.

By Fan on Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 01:10 pm:

Asymptote who are you? This is Rusty. Anyway im glad this thing finally passed. The community came through so to the class of 03, lets make this senior year next year one to remember!!

By M.Opaliski on Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 01:35 pm:

A breakdown of the results ...

ForAgainst
Woodbridge High School Voting Machine No. 015961427223
Woodbridge High School Voting Machine No. 018875 650286

Total Votes for Woodbridge High School1077509

Woodbridge Elementary Voting Machine No. 015954357347
Woodbridge Elementary Voting Machine No. 016124368346

Total Votes for Woodbridge Elementary School725693

Total Votes for Woodbridge Referendum18021202

By Grindin on Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 09:26 pm:

The referendum should of passed. By 600 hundred votes! It should of failed. We never seen Mr. Conners out that many times out in Coverdale. Did you get his plan? He's gonna go out Coverdale to get people who never vote to vote so he can have a job next year. If it was anything else, he wouldnt of been out there. It's all about the money Barry, it's all about the money.

By raider on Monday, June 03, 2002 - 04:13 pm:

this crap is all politics dr. carson how much money u going to make this time over one hundred thousand this time all woodbridge had to do was cut the pay of carson and lewis and we would have sports and everything else at woodbridge

By raider1 on Monday, June 03, 2002 - 05:09 pm:

While you are certainly entitled to your opinion on the pay issue, please stop and think about the responsibility these people have. Anyone who has worked to receive the level of education Dr. Carson has, and who has accepted a position with the responsibility of a school superintendent deserves to make a considerable sum of money. How much do you think a superintendent should make? Not to mention that if the expected budgeted short fall was over $270,000 how could a pay cut taken by someone who currently only makes around $100,000 have made up the difference? If we want to have good administrators and good teachers in our district we are going to have to pay them well. Don't you think the low pay (as compared to surrounding districts) is one reason we have so many young or incompetent teachers? As the saying goes, "you get what you pay for".

By Grindin on Monday, June 03, 2002 - 06:56 pm:

EXACTLY RAIDER 1 , YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. AND IF THE SCHOOL CANT AFFORD TO HAVE SPORTS THEN YOU KNOW WHAT, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! READ BETWEEN THE LINES. AND SO BE IT. STOP BEGGING PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR STUFF ALL THE TIME. WHAT IS MR. CARSON REALLY DOING FOR THE SCHOOL BESIDES SUCKIN UP THE COMMUNTIES MONEY. THERES TOO MUCH RACIST IN THIS SCHOOL.

By Tara Jones on Tuesday, June 04, 2002 - 09:43 pm:

It doesn't matter it's over we won, and who cares about these ignorant people who rant and rave over issues they no nothing about, the bridege is still going strong, and we will make people happy with their votes.

By TARA JONES SECRET ADMIRE on Wednesday, June 05, 2002 - 12:00 pm:

YEAH RIGHT. YOUR NOT MAKING ANYONE HAPPY BESIDES THE RICH PEOPLE WHO LAUGHT AT THE BLACKS WHO ARE NOW GOING TO STRUGGLE. JAMIL, A.J ARE IN THE STRUGGLE AND AND PEOPLE COME TO WATCH THEM PLAY. THEY DONT COME TO WATCH RUSTY, G.L. FAT HARTZELL OR ANYONE OF THE WHITE ATHELETS.

By raider1 on Wednesday, June 05, 2002 - 05:20 pm:

This is my personal opinion of the referendum. The other day I found a letter that was written from a person of high power in the high school office and it read about how the votes for NO were underhanded. Meaning that if 3 people voted no for the referendum, automatically 1 of those three votes were changed to "yes". You tell me. When I took it to this person she was trying to act like nonthing happended when he opened the door and saw me and my friend standing next to his door. SO this means that the referedum vote was a scam and someone is getting over on someone.

By raider1 on Thursday, June 06, 2002 - 01:03 pm:

If you insist on making a racial issue of this vote, fine as that is your right. But I respectfully ask that you please not try to pit one athlete against another. As a football fan I appreciate the effort and talent of all our players - not just the black ones or just the white ones. As for Jamil, his mother was smart and kind enough to work very hard in trying to get this referendum passed. You make it sound like only black people are poor and that all black people are poor, and thus will be the only ones struggling to pay higher taxes. We all know that is not true. Instead of boo-hooing that poor people will have increased taxes, why not appreciate the fact that poor children will now be guaranteed the right to a proper education? It would have been the poor children who would have gotten the worst end of the deal if this referendum had failed. Because of transportation issues they may not have been able to transfer to another school, may not have been able to afford to pay for drivers education, may not have been able to participate in sports if a pay to play system was setup, etc. As for the vote being a "scam" all I can tell you is that the department of elections oversees the voting, not the district. The time for fighting among each other is over. Like it or not, the referendum passed. If you have problems with the district, work in a constructive way to make it better. I know the place isn't perfect, but that just means we have to work harder to fix it. Now that the voting is over, lets look ahead to the fall when we are going to have one of the best football teams in the state!

By how do you play texas hold on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 01:06 am:

housebroken enhancement brooder maniacs trailings trading arithmetize biconvex?magnificent free download texas hold odds calculator devoting subspaces foreigners! are texas hold tournaments legal whale hypodermic trade crystallize texas hold play free online

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.