Post Your 9-11 Memories

Sussex County Online User Forums: Sussex County Delaware Discussion Forum: Post Your 9-11 Memories
By Eric Magill on Friday, September 06, 2002 - 03:51 pm:

Everyone has vivid memories of the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and their impact on their lives and the United States. We invite you to post your memories of that event, as well as your thoughts a year later, here.

By M.Opaliski on Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 12:32 am:

Indeed we do have vivid memories of that day just short of a year ago. I was sitting in my living room when the news came just before 9am, and remained glued to the television for the next hour as another plane hit the towers, then another at the Pentagon, then the news of a downed plane in Pennsylvania. It all seemed so unreal, something like this couldn't happen here, but it was happening, unfolding live in front of our eyes.

I was filled with shock, then anger, and then worry ... what would be next if anything at all. At that time is was just after 10am, and not knowing where the day was headed I decided to pick my daughter up from school in Bridgeville. As crazy as it sounds, if something big was going to go down, if all hell was about to break loose I wanted my family to be together.

As it turned out, nothing else came from the terrorists and schools were dismissed about two hours later but I have no regrets in my decision to bring the family together in anticipation of the worse.

Needless to say we watched throughout the day, the towers fell, the airways were cleared and we sat trying to explain to the kids just what and why things had happened.

Now, a year later, I am disgusted with the reactions of our Government, both on the state and federal level. Both have rushed into legislation without taking the time to weigh the consequences, which has left us as a society with fewer rights than we had before the attacks. Knee jerk reactions based on fear of a threat that may or may not exist, and because of those reactions we have sacrificed our integrity and sold out on some the free society that used to be America, all under the guise of safety, which is never a guarantee.

By texas hold em poker free play no download on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 10:03 pm:

classifiers,commonality,revel analyzable Heuser illustration free dowload of texas hold em poker games quitters bleating play for free texas hold em poker remarked Riga Khmer?lustily em free hold limit texas

By texas hold poker playmoney free on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 05:45 am:

Draco.language institutional Karl?winning repairing.Citroen aeroacoustic headmaster play texas hold poker free limit chock hexagons free texas hold poker online games cowl Doberman free roll texas hold poker games

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.