Does Sussex Co. Need a new manufacturing/dist.?? for 200-500 jobs

Sussex County Online User Forums: Sussex County Delaware Discussion Forum: Does Sussex Co. Need a new manufacturing/dist.?? for 200-500 jobs
By nineptfive55 on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 05:21 pm:

I have been trying relentlously to offer DE. a large manufacturing plant and distribution facility. These could be placed anywhere that there may be a need for economic growth & dev. I went through their depts. of sba's and economic growth only to be devestated by the fact that the decision was left in the hands of one man.(Rob Propes) the board members of my corporation are outraged that hundreds of lives and the progress that could be made should be cut off by one individuals "bad day".

By rob on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 04:34 pm:

We have enough jobs. Go build your plant somewhere else then...geeez

By Gumshoe on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 06:22 am:

Sorry Rob, but I disagree. Sussex Co. could use some industry and jobs that pay well for the people of Sussex Co. With the few jobs Sussex has to offer and the poor pay, it's difficult for people to support their families around here.
I will agree that if a company is looking for cheap labor, and not willing to pay its employees at least 25,000 a year, then keep looking to build somewhere else.

By Joseph K on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 11:07 am:

Rob you must live in a cave! Sussex county is the most underdeveloped county in the state! I am 31 years old and have lived her most of my life. The young population of this area is leaving for better jobs, DuPont is not the place to be anymore! I for one am wishing that this area would allow more industry in. The income would do wonders for the area. More income for families, more tax revenue for the county, more interest in the area from outside families. This area is only known for its Beach! Do you think that should be the only support for the county? Get with it and get out of the dark ages!

By sopal on Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 08:56 pm:

I am looking for information on a business that was / is in your area,,, Plast - O - Products,,, is it still in business ,, if not,, when did it close ? ANY info is GREATLY appreciated,, thanks

By tracey on Monday, November 15, 2004 - 11:09 pm:

What about a recycling facility? This would create long term careers, not just low wage jobs. It would also put us on the map as being able to find innovative ways to maintain our landfills. Right now our landfill is projected to have 30 years...... this is extremely generous, considering our recent growth. If we are not careful we will be New Castle in no time. Why not use what is already here, rather than create products from scratch. Does anyone out there hear me?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.