Everyone out there happy with their flood insurance??

Sussex County Online User Forums: Sussex County Delaware Discussion Forum: Everyone out there happy with their flood insurance??
By Bethanybreeze on Friday, October 07, 2005 - 11:23 am:

It doesn't seem that this forum gets much in the way of replies, but i'm going to put this out here anyway...
After 9 years of carrying flood insurance on our oceanside home, one month before it's 9/27 renewal date this year, we received a little 'surprise'! Seems Fidelity National Insurance Company 'lost' our old info, and since they didn't have the correct info, tried billing us THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS more than our normal annual premium! The info they requested was sent to them promptly. THEN, they needed MORE info...pictures... you name it. Meanwhile, another unadjusted bill for $3,000 more than we were paying. New FEMA regulations, they claim... On 9/27, they graciously sent us our expiration notice. Luckily, while we would LIKE to hold flood insurance (at a reasonable rate!), we are no longer required to have it.
ANYONE else out there with a similiar issue?? Seems to me this Florida-based company (with a little help from FEMA) is desperately trying to raise a few extra dollars, to help cover the many southern claims!? Gee, somehow, I have a bit of a PROBLEM with this!!

By boatergirl on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 07:33 am:

My idea is to set several large house boats on foundations on land and when the water rises, so does your home! Hurricane straps could be let loose when the time comes. I guess County Council would have issues with my idea but some would go for it...

By em free hold online play texas on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 03:37 pm:

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.