How 'Bout Those Knights

Sussex County Online User Forums: Henlopen Conference Sports Forum: How 'Bout Those Knights
By Eric Magill on Saturday, November 25, 2000 - 11:30 pm:

Sussex Central has finally done it -- the Knights are in the state football championship game for the first time in the program's history. Use this space to congratulate the Knights and leave them a message about their state title bout with three-time defending state champion Newark next week.

By Jeremy Makowski on Sunday, November 26, 2000 - 08:08 pm:

Congratulations Sussex Central. You guys made us very proud. A special message to the Seniors: Go out there and play your hardest. Also, just go out there and have fun. This will be your final game in a Sussex Central uniform win or lose. If you guys believe in yourselves anything can done. As always I will be there rooting you guys to victory. You guys should be very proud of yourselves that you completed this year. You meet all of your goals that you set in the preseason. This is why you guys have those 4 hour practices in the summer. Just one more Good Luck for me. You guys will always have a special place in my heart. One more thing to the seniors:we will miss each and everyone of you guys next year!!!!! Sussex Central is #1 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By delmar fan on Monday, November 27, 2000 - 01:57 pm:

good luck sussex central. you guys need to bring home that division one trophy and we (DELMAR) will bring home that division two trophy. good luck. go sussex county

By Ben VanSciver on Monday, November 27, 2000 - 06:28 pm:

GO SUSSEX CENTRAL! YOU HAVE MADE THE WHOLE COMMUNITY PROUD. WIN OR LOSE YOU ARE STILL CHAMPIONS.
ALL 29 GRADUATING CLASSES THAT HAVE COME BEFORE YOU ARE CHEERING YOU ON! GOOD LUCK.
ONE MORE STEP!!!!!

By Ben VanSciver on Monday, November 27, 2000 - 06:43 pm:

Way to go Sussex Central Football!
You guys have made a whole community very proud.
All of the graduating classes before you are cheering you on.
Win or lose you are still champions.
Good luck to the players and coaching staff and congradulations on a great season.

ONE MORE STEP BABY!!!!!

By !!!!!! on Monday, November 27, 2000 - 10:00 pm:

central i hope yall do it, but im sorry i think they to much for yall. u are a good team but on da real the team yall playen is just a lil to much i think but i hope yall can do it, good luck your gonna need it

By Delmar Linemen on Wednesday, November 29, 2000 - 02:39 pm:

Great season Central! Three will be at Least on tropy coming back to sussex county. I hope you guys can bring back th other. Newark is no joke, you will have to play like you have never played before. They know they are going to beat you, but don't count on them coming out lite. Give them the best you got. Like We are going to give St. E. Well Good Luck

By Wildcat on Wednesday, November 29, 2000 - 10:06 pm:

Good Luck Central, I'm in here representin D-Town and let's both win so we can bring both them trophies back to Sussex County. Then up state boys got nothin for us.
Go to War fellas

By P.Q.C. on Thursday, November 30, 2000 - 07:41 am:

GREAT SEASON CENTRAL.. Good Luck on Saturday.. Go get'em you are a very strong team.. Thanks for the fun this year 53-Roach...and all the seniors you have traveled a long path for this enjoy....

You Biggest Maryland Fans

By Devon.D.Horsey on Thursday, November 30, 2000 - 08:23 pm:

To the Senior Knights. I remember when you boys were freshmans in High School playing on the practice squad when I was a senior. I remember you guys used to practice with us and we used to run you over and beat you up but you always came back the next play strong. I look back and i remember seeing you boys in the weightroom with coach Petitgout and going to camps. You worked hard to your four years at central and now you have accomplished something that my class (the 98 seniors) who wore the blue and gold wanted to do, you made it to the big dance. I speak for myself and all the seniors who played with me when i say we are proud of you all. We knew back then that you guys, your senior year, had the potential to be great, and you didn't prove us wrong. I will be there along with others who played for and wore the greatest blue and gold in the state on saturday to watch you play your toughest game yet.
Don't listen to what anyone has to say, just believe in your hearts and always remember to take one more step in all you do on the field on saturday. We instilled that in you and it makes us very proud to see you keeping that tradition
alive. It has been 4 yrs. since I played football for the Golden Knights and i still follow all that you do. Congratulations to Matt Lawrence, George Davis, Jake Booth, Teddy Thompson, Blake Hershelman, Leroy Mann, and Jack Roach, you guys have worked hard since you first started out with me, Mark, Ronnie, Bradley, Nate, and Andreas and i cant say it enough, we are very proud of you. Good luck on Saturday show them upstate boys that country boys can survive! Your Friend Devon

By najrn on Friday, December 01, 2000 - 06:25 am:

As usual Mom-mom and Pop-pop in Port Charlotte Florida will be awaiting the results of your game on Saturday. We believe you can do it.Good luck to all the the team.Blake pass straight and run fast!!! Hello to all our friends in the Sussex Central sports family.Wish we could be there with you all,however we will root for the team in the WARM weather. good luck to all.

By Knight/Wildcat Fan on Friday, December 01, 2000 - 07:36 am:

Good Luck Central, you got over the biggest hump by getting in the tournament. Now you have nothing to lose, play loose and hard. All the pressure is on them.

By Dturner80 on Friday, December 01, 2000 - 09:39 am:

congrats!!!!!! its about time that coach wells got his chance to prove that he is one of the best coaches in the state. i wish you guys the best of luck and even though i will be playing in the div 2 game on fri i should be there to wish my boyz on sat. to orlando, george, drew, blake, anthony, and all the rest of the apartment kids... kick some a$$ sat.

By #50,#19 on Friday, December 01, 2000 - 10:47 am:

thank you cats, we appreciate all your support and good luck tonight. Represent, bring home the gold thanks to all our fans we won't let you down

S.C. football 4 life

By Seaford Varsity Cheerleaders on Friday, December 01, 2000 - 09:59 pm:

Hey Central~
Play your hearts out on saturday. Even though our school didn't play your's this year, we all can tell that your all have done a gr-8 job. Thanks for showing everyone up state that not only to can they have gr-8 teams but sussex county can too! Win or lose you guys have played fabulous this year!

Good Luck Knights!
Seaford High School
Varsity Cheerleaders

By WILDCATFAN on Friday, December 01, 2000 - 11:47 pm:

GOOD LUCK GOLDEN KNIGHTS!! LETS MAKE IT A SWEEP FOR SUSSEX COUNTY!!

By mom-penny on Saturday, December 02, 2000 - 03:42 am:

Ok Knights we got one back in Sussex County, let's make it 2. Good luck tomorrow, we are rooting for you!!!!!

By Mom-Penny on Saturday, December 02, 2000 - 04:04 am:

Ok Knights we got one back in Southern Delaware you guys go get the second one!!!!! Good Luck!

By Wildcat/Knight Fan on Saturday, December 02, 2000 - 09:28 am:

Central, Delmar held up their end of the bargain, now you guys go up there and show them we play some pretty good football in Sussex County. Rock em on their heels the 1st quarter and they wont know how to respond. I know cause I saw it happen last nite.

By Wildcat Fan on Saturday, December 02, 2000 - 11:27 am:

Go Get 'em Central! Play like you did when you beat us our first game. Bring back the 2nd trophy to Sussex!!

By wildcatbench on Saturday, December 02, 2000 - 04:38 pm:

Good try fellaz, keep your heads up your still winners.

By Wildcat/Knight Fan on Sunday, December 03, 2000 - 07:24 am:

Walk tall Central, you hung with em. Who knows, with a healthy Hersh in the 2nd half it may have been different. The Seniors got all you underclassman a taste of the State Tourney, now you have to stay hungry and work toward getting back again & again.

By mike on Sunday, December 03, 2000 - 03:57 pm:

To all the seniors who read this,it's been a good season with the leadership you guy's have.Even though we lost the underclassmen will work very hard to get us their next year.With the leadership the team had this year,hopefully the juniors will step it up and show the same as what you have done.Remember "ONE MORE STEP"

By ORLANDO SHORT #61 SC on Monday, February 19, 2001 - 03:06 pm:

THIS IS ORLANDO SHORT #61 DT FOR CENTRAL. I'M SORRY THAT I LET EVERYBODY DOWN BY FAILING OFF THE TEAM, AND NOT PLAYING IN THE THE PLAYOFF. I THINK GOING INTO BIG GAMES WITHOUT ONE OF YOUR STARTING PLAYERS IS EVEN ADDING MORE WEIGHT ON YOUR BACKS. SORRY TO ANYBODY IN THE COMMUNITY THAT I HAVE LET DOWN. AND MOST OF ALL TO MY TEAMATES. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU.
FROM YOUR CRAZIEST TEAMATE #61 (THE FREAK) ORLANDO SHORT

MATT LAWRENCE:WISCONSON
BLAKE HERSALMAN: ST. JOHN'S
GEORGE DAVIS: CHEYNEY
MIKE LOPEZ:CHEYNEY

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: