Year of the 'Cat

Sussex County Online User Forums: Henlopen Conference Sports Forum: Year of the 'Cat
By Eric Magill on Friday, December 01, 2000 - 04:54 pm:

Congratulations to the Delmar High School football team in what can only be described as The Year of the 'Cat. Use this space to congratulate the Wildcats on their 41-34 state championship victory over St. Elizabeth and on an outstanding 2000 campaign.

By fsl on Friday, December 01, 2000 - 11:15 pm:

Way to go Wildcats! When I got the call it was great. Even though I didn't get to go to the game my heart was with you guys. You did a great job all year long. Congratulations to all of you - Seniors what a great way to end your football season with the team.

By D-TOWN PLAYER on Saturday, December 02, 2000 - 01:29 am:

STATE CHAMPS....WE GOT THAT ROCK

By mom-penny on Saturday, December 02, 2000 - 03:39 am:

Oh my god boys I can't describe this feeling!!!! You guys came through just like I knew you would. I cried tears of joy tonight, you guys worked so hard for this all year!!!! Seniors, I'm gonna miss you all so very much, it won't seem the same without you. Underclassmen keep up the good work. I love you all!!!!!! And #46 my foot still hurts!! ha ha!!!!

By Mom-Penny on Saturday, December 02, 2000 - 04:02 am:

Oh my god guys I can't describe this feeling!!! You all came through just like I knew you would! You are an awesome group of young men. Seniors, I will miss you very much but never forget Aim High - Shoot Straight - Fight Hard For What You Belive In - Can't Hide That Wildcat Pride!!!!! Underclassmen you have to carry on now and I have all the faith in you - I know you can do it!!! Congratulations to you all and thanx for the memories!!! I Love You All!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Wildcat Fan on Saturday, December 02, 2000 - 07:00 am:

Like I said, just play your game and you will be fine, and you did, Delmar football, comin' at ya !

By Manny on Saturday, December 02, 2000 - 08:45 am:

You guys played one heck of a game and you deserve the win!!!

I don't think St. E's was ready for us. They got stunned by a small town team of destiny.

Congratulations and go out and get 'em next year!

Go Cats.

By CATFAN on Saturday, December 02, 2000 - 09:18 am:

You guys did it ! With class and guts. You guys made the whole town proud. Dustin Johnson is the classiest young man I have seen play in years, maybe ever. He is a leader we will miss and he carries himself like a true Champion !

By Karen Wells on Saturday, December 02, 2000 - 11:03 am:

You did it Cats!! You played a great season and deserved that win. Seeing the support you received at the game and your "welcoming committee" at home made me proud to be a part of this great community. Way to Go Delmar!!

By iplaysideline on Saturday, December 02, 2000 - 02:06 pm:

Its been a great season fellaz, good luck to all of you, and the only thing we got left to do now is get our fingers sized.

By Coach on Saturday, December 02, 2000 - 02:12 pm:

I am so very proud of all the players and coachs. No one knows how hard you work both on and off the field. Enjoy this time, it is yours and do not ever forget the feeling. Your team, the 2000 Delmar High School Football Team will be what other teams try to become. You no longer set the "tone" you have made history...

By me on Saturday, December 02, 2000 - 03:01 pm:

you guys played the best game ever.. i am soooooo proud of all of you... i know i'll miss the seniors next year but remember.. no matter who leaves.. the heart of the team is still there.. never forget that.. i love you all

good luck next year..

By Wildcat Fans Are #1 on Saturday, December 02, 2000 - 04:58 pm:

I'm on the 2000 State Champion Delmar Wildcats. On behalf of all of us I'd like to thank all of our fans, you guys are great. Thanks for the support at the game and the reception when we got home was awesome. We owe you all a lot. Thanks I give u a lot of credit.

By Don LeCates on Saturday, December 02, 2000 - 11:25 pm:

congratulations to the big WILDCATS we are very proud of you all ! You CATS showed great spirit and I believe you all deserve every bit of it !!!

By Wildcat 4 Life on Sunday, December 03, 2000 - 07:36 am:

Little old Delmar w/3 State Championships. Says something about the community doesnt it! I moved here from Georgetown 8 yrs ago and I feel like I have lived here my whole life. Got an 11 yr old & an 8 yr old (boys) and I cant wait for them to win one for Delmar!

By DelmarVarsityCheerleaders on Sunday, December 03, 2000 - 10:28 am:

Congratulations Wildcats. We know you would do it. We are so proud of you. We all love you!!

Love ya,
Varsity Cheerleaders.

2000 State Champs all the way!!!
Can't wait to next season!!!

By J.WIDNER on Sunday, December 03, 2000 - 10:41 am:

WAY TO GO WILDCATS......WHAT A TEAM........
WHAT A COACH!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ALWAYS SAY MAY THE BEST MAN WIN...WELL IN THIS CASE IT IS THE BEST MAN (COACH HEARN & THE BEST TEAM DELMAR WILDCATS ) !! A GREAT COMBINATION TO SAY THE LEAST !!!!! YOU ALL DESERVE THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHTER THAN EVER FOR DELMAR.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BEST !!!!!

By Seaford Varsity Cheerleaders on Sunday, December 03, 2000 - 02:45 pm:

Oh my goodness! We are so happy for you guys! Congratulations Delmar! Cya next year Cats!

By RAIDER FAN 22 on Sunday, December 03, 2000 - 05:01 pm:

CONGRATULATIONS; TO THE DELMAR WILDCAT TEAM, COACHES, AND COMMUNITY. AFTER BEATING US TWICE I KNEW YOU GUYS WERE ON A SERIOUS MISSION. JUST GLAD TO SEE THAT THE "TROPHY" IS DOWN STATE ONCE AGAIN. IT ALSO, TELLS BUDDY HURLOCK (SPORTS WRITER OF THE NEWS JOURNAL) THAT THEIR IS GREAT FOOTBALL HAPPENING SOUTH OF THE CANAL, AND YOU GUYS HAVE PROVEN THAT. LAST BUT NOT LEAST, ENJOY THE "RINGS" YOU GUYS HAVE EARNED IT, MAYBE NEXT YEAR IT WILL BE OUR TURN. CONGRATULATIONS AND GOD BLESS.

By lamars#1fan on Monday, December 04, 2000 - 10:02 am:

To the Delmar football. Congrats to you on the state championship. We might lose most of our players this year but we will still do our best without you seniors. Good job to Dustin, Ian, Sean, Chris, and the rest of the football team. I give Lamar Stewart a big hug and a congratulations on winning his last game at Delmar High School. Congratulations and God Bless.

By Demeris Cannon on Monday, December 04, 2000 - 10:32 am:

We are the State Champs and we gunna be blingin when the rings get here. Thanks to the fans and parents who brought us here to experience this feeling. We love yal.

ONE LOVE!

By T-Man on Monday, December 04, 2000 - 12:57 pm:

Yeah yeah baby we did it.

We finally didi it Delmar Varsity football southern/state champions we won 11 games straight after loss agiast central which was the first game jitters only the 1st half. but we showed everyone who thought Delmar was going to finish an average season thanks to the Delmar fans and the delmar players moms who was behind us 110% and oh yes they do love there wildcats.

Troi Handy #21 aka: T-Man

By MO FO #31 on Monday, December 04, 2000 - 01:40 pm:

Give me D-E-L-M-A-R
WHO THEM STATE CHAMPS
DELMAR

By Wildcatfan on Monday, December 04, 2000 - 06:45 pm:

Team work was the key! Way to go wildcats. The entire town is riding high. Everywhere I go people are asking about you guys. Congratulations to all of you and to the seniors...you will be missed. There are lots of guys ready to move up and fill your shoes. You all worked together and did it as a team! Really makes us proud of you. Thanks for the great year...from a fan.

By Afanofyours on Monday, December 04, 2000 - 06:48 pm:

Big thanks to the guy who puts this all together. This has been a great forum for players, coaches, parents, and fans! We appreciate your hard work and effort.

By Big Reese on Tuesday, December 05, 2000 - 10:37 am:

Yo..the wildcats just played a good season..i may have been on the sideline the whole season, but hey i'm still part of the team and enjoyed winnin that championship as much as anyone else..it ain't gonna stop there baby.. the D-Town Wildcats are gonna go all the way again next year.

By Big Reese on Tuesday, December 05, 2000 - 10:38 am:

Oh yea...one more thing i forget to say...We Gettin' That ROCK now baby!!!!

By 45 on Wednesday, December 06, 2000 - 04:07 pm:

A yo i have to take my hat off to u guy. Yall had a good season. Dont get ya to bi cause next year will be another year. Your gonna have to start all over. Just like woodbridge. And look what happend to them. They had a good season but it wasent what they wanted it to be. For u underclassmen yall have a couple years left. But yo now to the poit. Yall got this one but next year..... its comeing back home. Thats all there is to it. Were the real stunners. The bridge. Who can hang wit cannon, young, perry, neal, and the next maddox. Yall dont know him yet but u will

By 45 on Wednesday, December 06, 2000 - 04:13 pm:

YO i have to take my hat off to u guys. Yall done. But yo dont get your head to big, cause theres always next year. Look at us. It wasent were we wanted it. But next year its comeing back home. Thats all it is. Who can hold the cannons, young, the neals, perry, and me the next maddox. But for now yall got it. But next year.... we both know.

By Mom-Penny on Thursday, December 07, 2000 - 08:57 pm:

Oh yeah T-Man WE DO LOVE OUR WILDCATS!!!!!!But not just because of your athletic ability but because you are all wonderful young men!!!!! Thanx to all the football teams Varsity - JV - Freshmen - and a special thanx to all the coaches. It truly was a wonderful year. I just hate to see it come to an end.

Love you all

Mom-Penny

By BOARD WALK STALKER on Monday, December 11, 2000 - 12:10 pm:

Well, Well, Well I think you guys should start
ordering more rings because when we see yall walking with your ring we will do what we got to do to take them off of your fingers especially you Dustin. You know deep deep down down in your heart that Jamil Young is a better quarter backt them you are look at the stats. Just becuase yall won the states there is a bunch of politics with First team all conference and all state quarter backs. And cause you are a senior and Jamil is a sophmore. We all know when the Blue and Gold game comes around that you will choke because you are not a passer you are a runner. I give you props there but you do not throw the ball well cuz. Jermey Maddox will snap if you dont get the ball to him. DONT FORGET ANY ONE WHO IS LOOKING AT THIS PLEASE COMPARE
DUSTIN JOHNSON AND JAMIL YOUNGS STATS (YOU'LL SEE)!

By bigd on Monday, December 11, 2000 - 03:54 pm:

yo, board walker stalker is crazy. If jamil young is so good, than why didn't he do it against delmar. I didn't see him throw the ball very well against that tough wildcat defense. HOW BOUT THAT WILDCAT DEFENSE!

By REAL DEAL on Friday, December 22, 2000 - 07:49 pm:

JAMIL IS A WAY BETTER QB THEN DUSTIN IS. EVERYONE HAS TO REMEMBER THAT JAMIL IS ONLY A SOPHMORE TOO. DUSTIN IS A SENIOR, YALL WAIT UNTIL JAMILS A SENIOR, I CAN PICTURE HIM NOW, IM GLAD IM A PART OF THAT RAIDERS OFFENCE CAUSE I WOULD HATE TO BE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BALL WITH HIM WHEN HES A SENIOR. WHOEVER SAYS JAMIL ISNT A BETTER QB NOW ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CHECK THE STATS. OH YEA DUSTIN U WILL HAVE A REAL WIDE RECEIVER TO THROW THE BALL TO IN THE BLUE & GOLD GAME AND YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE KNOWS IT, THATS IF YOUR BALL CAN CATCH UP TO MADDOX, LOL...

By Big Ben#63 on Friday, December 22, 2000 - 09:23 pm:

This is for that real deal and that walker talker player hatter.bigd was right if jamil was that good how come woodbridge didn't play in December? you two should just chill setback relax and take notes. You should already know but if you don't this is coming from the one and only DELMAR STATE CHAMPION 2000B.J.} big ben}Ben WatkinsBenjamin Lee Jackson III

By weeman on Monday, December 25, 2000 - 05:39 pm:

yo we r the state champz and what.
woodbridge is garbage and the whole state knows it

DELMAR WILDCATS STATECHAMPS AND #1 STUNNAS

By Observer on Saturday, February 03, 2001 - 02:12 am:

Good Quarterbacks win the big one! Jamil & Woodbridge won't even get close. Woodbridge is all talk, no action. They proved it this past year. Dustin is a team player, just like the other Wildcats, and thats the difference between winners and pretenders. We saw how great Maddox was when he threw a temper tandrum (and his helmet). When Jamil makes 1st team all state on both offense & defense then you can compare him to Dustin. Until then it's just talk! You may not understand this but Dustin also has class, Jamil & Maddox don't.

By playin on Saturday, February 03, 2001 - 11:35 pm:

I beg to differ about Young and Maddox. Yes, Maddox did have a temper tantrum (not tandrum) but back off Woodbridge. Maybe Dustin is all that but there's no need to slam other players.

By observer on Tuesday, February 06, 2001 - 12:05 am:

Just the facts, man!

By wildcats on Sunday, February 11, 2001 - 06:04 pm:

number 46 for delmar is a beast

By P.B.B. on Thursday, March 01, 2001 - 04:59 pm:

well cats MYSTICAL must have been talking to yall when he said "shake it fast and show em' what ur workin wit" cause thats about what yall did!!! good job ian,dustin, lamar, and big ben yall held it down for the big class of 2001. also good job troi, sean and chip. much love

~ONE~

By Leigha Morris on Tuesday, August 14, 2001 - 09:40 am:

Ok guys, the new season is just about to start up, and I just want to wish you all the best of luck. I hope this season brings as many memories as the last.

Best wishes,
LAM, V. Cheerleader!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: