2002 Baseball Picks in the South

Sussex County Online User Forums: Henlopen Conference Sports Forum: 2002 Baseball Picks in the South
By 63583 on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 05:12 pm:

Whos gonna be tops this year in the South.. Delmar Seaford Laurel or the pesky boys from IR.. give me your thoughts.

By SC69 on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 08:00 pm:

I got IR ALL the WAYY for the south.. even though i'm from SC i got to give my boys mad props. they have sick middle infielders coming back next year and a good pitcher to take Billy Clemens spot... Central will still woop u guy though

By #1 fan on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 11:53 pm:

I would have to go with IR. Although they many Seniors they have a lot of youth still. Their main talent comes from the Junior class. Look forward for Seaford to give them a run for their money with Senior Nick Dunk returning. And watch out for Josh Lecates over at Laurel.

By #1 fan on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 11:55 pm:

I would have to go with IR. Although they lost many Seniors they have a lot of youth still. Their main talent comes from the Junior class. Look forward for Seaford to give them a run for their money with Senior Nick Dunk returning. And watch out for Josh Lecates over at Laurel.

By ST01 on Friday, November 23, 2001 - 08:46 am:

IR NO DOUBT... i followed them all season and they were the true winners of the south. How is it that a team goes undefeated and loses the south to a team they beat. Josh Lecates.. u have to be joking. Its ashame. i know the kid.. awesome athlete but doesn't hit the books.. won't go anywhere.

By pride on Friday, November 23, 2001 - 06:52 pm:

well i have to agree.josh lecates watch out!what ever!he pitched againest s.c last year and it took him almost 60 pitches to get out of the first inning.sick.seaford and ir will do battle in the south again for the conference.in the north s.c will take it,even though they are going to need to rebuild greatly.they have seniors that need to step it up to fill big shoes.trey bell for m.megee,mike rogers for b.hershalmen,and return seniors jj ricketts,tyler wilkens,colby steel,matt murray,ken daisey,and joey wilkerson.the henolopen is going to be up for grabs this year.

By baseballfan on Friday, November 23, 2001 - 07:27 pm:

S.C. will be the team to beat in the North. They had an awesome JV. Then only one I really see them missing from last year is Hershalman and that was only his bat. As for Trey Bell. You miss nothing with him he was 10 times better than megee and would have been the shortstop if Megee wasn't wwho he is!!!

By 99.9% Right on Saturday, November 24, 2001 - 09:33 am:

Seaford looks to have the advantage on paper with the returning pitchers in Nick Pegalow and Nick Dunk, but watch out for Indian River to suprise them and take it this year. CR will take it in the north they do every year!

By pride on Saturday, November 24, 2001 - 08:35 pm:

seafords pitching will be awsome this year again.Dunk,and Pegalow will be on top of there game this year.for s.c.the loss of key players again will have to over come that challege.they should do very well with JV player coming up.the fall ball team that the player played on showed how good they are with the bats,and fielding.one thing that will set central back will be there pitching.they key one returning from last year is matt murray.he will need to step it up along with ken daisy and tyler wilkins.

By takeitfromme on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 03:07 pm:

central has Ricketts who is a very capable pitcher. Also Hernandez coming up from the JV Central will be tough to beat. In the South Seaford will also be good with Dunk and Pegalow. IR has no one to replace Clemans on the mound but will still be tough. Laurel will be ok if Lecates is eligible. Delmar has Hunt and Price. I say the South is up for grabs. Way too early to make picks.

By pride on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 04:37 pm:

for central the do have alot of talent coming up from the JV.ricketts will be the #1 lefty in the conference if he can get pitching time.hernandez is ok, but he tries to throw to hard and is wild.he needs to slow himself down if he wants the job.as for laurel,lecates has to be on top of his game better than last.the also have brok montage.it is to early to tell right now.i'll let ya know in th spring

By baseball on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 09:50 pm:

woodbridge will be vary vary young this year after loosing a lot of great seniors in, maddox, judy, adams, gasior, dennis, just to name a few. a lot of the young guys need to step up and play baseball... they will take some hard loses this year but just come to play!!!

By Brandon Alumni 15 on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 10:34 pm:

Seaford has the best team in the conference,believe what i say. I started last year at seaford,but Mike B could have just as well tarted to and hes back! Plus Dunk, Pegs, D.Lloyd, and sme young talent in Beau Moore,Trevor Ive, and Ryan Shock. Coach Pegs is the best coach in the conference and his moto is "We Do Not Except Losing". Well untill then think about and holla back! Brandon K

By PRIDE on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 08:24 pm:

brandon k. the little trash talker from seaford?sure seaford will have a good pitching staff,but what about in the field.can they replace key players?sure,but can they be better than last years team.no!your coach Pegs does not like to lose.i was at the game last year when he got tossed,he whined like a little kid.i just got one thing to say that might get your goat.FAIR BALL,S.C.WINS OVER SEAFORD.WHAT

By fan of HS baseball on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 09:04 pm:

woodbridge players need to step up and stop all the cryen about who plays where and who gets what position. this team has a lot of talent but wont go anywhere if they dont play as a team. and if they dont play together they wont go anywhere. they have a great coaching staff and needs to listen to them. believe what i say.......

By fan on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 11:14 am:

woodbridge does have a lot of talent and they are young but if they put people in their right positions they will go far , people need to stop sucken up too!!!!!

By Sportjunky811 on Tuesday, January 08, 2002 - 09:56 pm:

The Henlopen team that will turn the most heads this year is the Laurel Bulldogs. They had a dissappointing year last year but got the experience they needed to turn things around in the 2002 season. The team is filled with Sophmore and Junior talent that Im sure have their eyes on a State Title run in the next two years. Under the leadership of LeCates, Montague, Hartstein, the 2 Downes kids, and Thompson they are my pick for the 2002 Southern division title along with a possible Henlopen championship. Good luck fellas

By Jaydawg4 on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 05:57 pm:

um no doubt laurel has the state title already in their heads for next year and the south and henlopen this year! seaford haha whos worried about them there not even a team its dunk and pegs no1 to really worry about! laurels to talented all around to get beat they have no weaknesses!

By Swtness on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 09:18 pm:

Cape!!Every position is nice for them this year.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: