What happened to the Raiders tonight???

Sussex County Online User Forums: Henlopen Conference Sports Forum: What happened to the Raiders tonight???
By Raider1 on Friday, September 06, 2002 - 11:55 pm:

I can't believe what I just saw! Anyone who's read my postings knows that I am a huge Raider fan and usually only have positive things to say. However, after just having seen the game at Bo Manor I am stunned. We only played well for about 7 minutes of the game, and that was in the fourth quarter. Not a one of you on that field tonight can honestly say you gave it 100% for the entire game - nobody seemed to want to make a tackle or catch a pass. Ricky - you know better than to swing at another player, you're a better person than that. You looked down on yourselves from the very beginning, you were dressed very sloppily and just looked like an unorganized, unmotivated bunch. Receivers - all the speed in the world isn't going to help you if you can't run a good pattern and CATCH the ball. On defense it's not enough just to be in the right place, you have to HIT someone. On the plus side, most of what seemed wrong tonight can certainly be corrected before the next game. John Passwaters had plenty of time to throw the ball because the line blocked pretty well. The running game didn't look too bad either. There didn't seem to be big mistakes on special teams. And Parker called a nice combination of a variety of plays - not just the typical run on 1st and 2nd downs and only pass on a long 3rd down. I hope that continues. Guys - I KNOW you are better than you played tonight and that is what is so frustrating. You have some work to do in the next two weeks, and I know you are capable of pulling out another great season. But it is up to you to correct your mistakes!

By Td6 on Sunday, September 08, 2002 - 10:56 am:

you sure your not a coach?

By Raider1 on Sunday, September 08, 2002 - 12:44 pm:

Positive! Just thoroughly disgusted right now. Hopefully I'll feel better in two weeks when we play the way we're capable of playing.

By Dada on Sunday, September 08, 2002 - 10:42 pm:

this was hopefully first game jitters and this won't happen again....GOOD LUCK TO MY DOGS BEAST AND STUMP

By Raider on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 06:00 pm:

what is wrong with my raiders u guys are slacking

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: