Who was really good in 9/20 games?

Sussex County Online User Forums: Henlopen Conference Sports Forum: Who was really good in 9/20 games?
By Raider1 on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 06:01 pm:

Central Fans - how did Jamil & AJ do Friday night? I can't find stats about their game in any of the papers, just the final score. My Raiders had a much better game, and I couldn't be prouder of you. We looked like we really wanted to play - Ross made a great catch, the defense was stronger, and our backs couldn't be stopped. Rusty had some problems early on but came back real strong at the end to knock down one pass and intercept another - way to keep working. Practice hard this week guys - see you at Seaford on Friday!

By Sportsfreak88 on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 09:38 pm:

How does everyone on here feel about schools like Woodbridge, Delmar, Laurel etc (the "power houses" of the south)playing teams from out of State that are at best JV teams. Do they do this to help their players stats? Or to guarantee a victory? Come on Delmar, Bennett and Nottingham?? Laurel, River whatever Baptist?? Woodbridge Nottingham??? How about a Sussex Central?? Ceasar Rodney??? And if you do play them what are your records vs them?

By Raider1 on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 08:25 am:

I agree it would be nice to see us play better teams. I can only speak for Woodbridge, but I know we had problems scheduling our nonconference games because of lack of interest by other schools. Ever since we stopped being the sure win for the other team, they are more hesitant to play us. Also, there is really no value for a Cental or CR to play Div II schools because of the points system. In order for them to have a real shot at the post season (short of the winning their conference) they need to rack up the points that come from playing other Div I schools. Maybe if more teams were allowed into post season play we could see better early season match-ups.

By Sportsfreak88 on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 03:16 pm:

Gotcha!

By Dada on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 04:09 pm:

i agree 100% delamr would not have this long winning streak if they played better non-conference teams.

By Olddawg83 on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 05:48 pm:

I am sick of hearing about "the bridge". Woodbridge is right up there with IR for the worst football team I have ever seen. What talent they did have is gone, and what they are left with is a JV team at best. As for Delmar, I hope you win this week because I can only imagine how sweet it will be when LAUREL ends that win streak. I was there when central embarrassed you at central and I will be there to see them dawgs run through you. Just think it is only football season, don't make me bring up laurel baseball or basketball. It is a new day, ya'll are going to respect them laurel boys...

holla at me

By Dada on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 07:36 pm:

olddawg...i feel you son...i been saying for the past year that laurel would be a powerhousse in the henlopne conference in all major sports and finally i have a back up!!!!!

By Megha717 on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 11:25 am:

Dada, you're right. Let Delmar play Central, that's why they stopped playting us in the first place. We were messing up their winning streaks. Put Central back on your schedule, then we'll be able to see what you're really made of!

By Raider1 on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 01:26 pm:

I'll respect those Laurel boys when they prove they can win one that really counts. How many years has it been?

By Olddawg83 on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 02:19 pm:

Maddox was your whole team. Last year what did the brdige do?we beat you in football, with young and neal. And in basketabll two times. all the bridge is a lot of mouth and no talent. Maddox was nice but he is gone, and so our your hopes of ever being good at anything ever again. Do you even play raider?

By Raider1 on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 04:31 pm:

No - graduated long ago. I'll give you basketball - it's been 10-15 years since we've been really good. However, I have to disagree that Maddox was our whole team in football - we've had quite a bit of talent of both sides of the ball the past few years. You're right that last year you beat us, and we didn't get to the tournament - but neither did you. The last time we played each other for something important was in '99 when we beat you for the Conference Championship. Can you shed any light on why you got a new coach right before the season started? I've heard rumors that there were a lot of hurt feelings down there the way things were handled. Pugh seemed to be an alright guy - how's the new one?

By Olddawg83 on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 09:36 pm:

Pugh wouldn't put the ball in the air. Andy can throw the rock and last year we had the person to catch it but i only had 20 catches, 20 balls thrown to me. This new guys knows how good andy's arm is willing to use that to win games. plus the new guy is letting jermel do his thing with the rock. i don't know about the D but i am sure Laurel's Finest could tell you about that. What is the word, MEAT?

By Olddawg83 on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 09:46 pm:

as far as '99 goes i can't tell you...i moved away for a minute

By Dtownwildcats on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 11:12 pm:

first of all...Olddawg83 you better realize you dont have a shot at even coming close to delmar. You think that new coach is goin to help you?? NOPE..ask him what happened last year at the state championship game and that team had twice the talent your team has now....see right now yall got your heads big because you aint played nobody yet..thats all there is to it...and so what you think that you have a couple good players and maybe you do but a couple good players aren't goin to win a state championship. and for whoever said that our non confrence games are jv teams at best, ill admit that bennet isn't very good and probably never will be but not one other south team could beat chopticon , forrestville, or St. E's they are all very far from JV teams. That Delmar defense is back this year and ready to start where we left off last year.. and as for laurel you can call yourselves #28 as the 28th win in a row.

By Laurels_Finest on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 08:42 am:

JIMBOB YOU KNOW WE HOLD IT DOWN ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BALL. EVERYBODY BE STRAIGHT LAYING BODIES OUT, AND WE DON'T PLAN TO STOP NO TIME SOON. THERE ISN'T A OFFENSE IN THE CONFERENCE THAT WANTS TO SEE US. ALL I CAN SAY IS DELMAR, BRIDGE, TECH, AND WHOEVER ELSE BRING IT WHAT WE RIGHT HERE AND WE AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE WE RIGHT HERE!

E

By Olddawg83 on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 10:38 am:

that is my boy. i wish i could still be there catching passes and all that but you know. ya'll boys do your thing becasue somebody needs to put the hush on these "d-town punks".

one

Oh yeah, good looking on that shout out of me playing football here at elon. i will be there when ya'll play delmar so i'll talk to you then.

By Daghost on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 01:42 pm:

olddawg state your name

By Sportsfreak88 on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 03:23 pm:

I looked him up on the Elon Web page and he wears #99 as a Wide Reciever for them. (he is the only person on the roster from Laurel). That isn't the number they give to a starter. But hey,,,,,, he's in college and that's a plus for a kid that went Laurel High.

By Olddawg83 on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 07:40 pm:

I am sorry about some of truly recent messages I have bee posting. They have been immature and outrageous. I didn't mean any ham by anything tat I have said in this or any other forum. If I have offended anyone in anyway then I am truly sorry. Once again, I apologize form some of my comments, they were not necessary.

By Dtownhottie7 on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 10:30 am:

OLDDAWG, true delmar might have played bennett, and their not all that good, as the score showed, but delmar has TONS of skill, and i wanna hear about how the "d town punks" can't hold nothin down when we beat laurel next week..holla

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: