Laurel Vs Tech

Sussex County Online User Forums: Henlopen Conference Sports Forum: Laurel Vs Tech
By Stfreak77 on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 08:06 pm:

Finally its here.....Laurel is just coming off of a bye-week and 2 easy openers for a 2-0 record, Tech is standing at 1-2 with two tough losses to Hodgson(9th in state) and Washington, PA(Philly city champs for last 3 years)........who do you think is gonna win it

By Dada on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 02:55 pm:

i goning with laurel by a 2 point conversion...i think they are a better team than some think and they will give tech all they can handle...good luck to both teams!!!!!!!!!

By Laurels_Finest on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 06:18 pm:

YO!
ON THE REAL ALL I CAN SAY IS COME WATCH THE GAME AND SEE.. BOTH TEAMS ARE GOING TO COME OUT BLAZING BUT ONLY ONE TEAM WILL COME OUT ON TOP!!

E

By Raider1 on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 11:54 am:

I haven't seen Laurel but did see Tech at Hodgson. They didn't seem to have much of a line (offense or defense), but Hudson can sure throw the ball. I'd like to see Tech win just so we won't have to hear anymore about how great Laurel is, but it could be a close one.

By Dada on Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 12:45 pm:

well i wasn't there but i predicted correctly...close game but laurel came out on top congrats to my laurel boys...and tech played a good game too

By Laurels_Finest on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 08:55 am:

TOLD YAH!!!! HEY, WE GOT TIRED IN THE FOURTH QUARTER SO THEY SCORED TWICE, BUT WE STILL HELD IT DOWN REGARDLESS. SO KEEP WATCHING, CAUSE WE STILL ROLLING BABY~~

E

By Stfreak77 on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 06:39 pm:

Alright, you won....but I'm not just gonna let u think that we scored because you got tired.............I dont know what Tech's o-coordinator was thinking, but the first three quarters they only ran 1 play...up the middle(not mentionin players name)...We scored the second the fullback that SHOULD have been playin the whole game went in, most of laurel's pressure was comin from the outside and the back wasnt pickin it up.....If 47 had been startin, we woulda scored ALOT sooner, he doesnt fumble or get stopped easily.

By Laurels_Finest on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 09:01 am:

they couldn't do nothing until we got tired. the only way they scored is because they kept fresh pepole in the game because they have more people than us but we still held it down. we kept the ball for 11 of the 12 minutes in the 3rd quarter so either way it went we won and you can say your season is pretty much OVER!!! HOLLA BACK YOUNGIN

E

By Stfreak77 on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 11:13 am:

Tech didnt keep fresh people in the game...the same teams played the whole game (I was there), the only person that came in in the fourth quarter was our REAL fullback, the one that shoulda been in the whole game. The people on the sidelines were jv, coaches just let them dress....they dont play

By Laurels_Finest on Wednesday, October 02, 2002 - 08:49 am:

yeah right, COLLICK HAD NEW D-LINE IN THERE EVERY SERIES TO GIVE OTHERS A BREAK.. I KNOW BECAUSE I PLAY LINE AND WE NEVER REALLY BLOCKED THE SAME PEOPLE SO DON'T TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW.. HOLLA BACK

By Stfreak77 on Wednesday, October 02, 2002 - 06:20 pm:

I know you play line eston.....and we only have 1 REAL spare d-lineman, and that is number 79......they didnt send in new people every series...but the linemen switch positions dependin on the offense's setup....I use to play d-line....Iknow this for a fact, they rearrange themselves constantly dependin on the O's setup...I cant even think of any back ups they'd send in

By Laurels_Finest on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 08:57 am:

you were bringing other people in. you brought in 70 56 and him and Eddie switched every so often so it really doesn't matter cause my boys held it down on the line.

By Shortyraven6122 on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 07:12 pm:

Y'know, Eston, I don't really know why you, in particualr, are talking so much smack. After pancaking you about four times or so, and watching you do little to nothing on offense, I see all your talk as empty words.

Um, about our d-line, our ends stayed in the whole game, and we had the three tackles rotating every so often. I don't see how you can justify this as putting in a whole new d-line every series.

Also watching the film, I see three pass plays where you guys got lucky. Pass to Jeff, Marcus was out of position because (like idiots) our coaches don't work pass coverage. Pass to somebody, I forget exactly who, same thing applies. And when our two players ran into each other, it was a sophomore mistake by one of our backers.

Watching the film, I don't see you guys dominating us at all. Sure, your outside pressure could get to our backs because none of our backs were blocking, but nobody in your inside game posed a threat.

Speaking as a lineman, that's basically all I have to say, our line "held it down," as it were. Who came up with that stupid phrase anyway? That's all I read from anybody on this board. "We gonna hold it down." "Watch us hold it down this friday." Come up with something original.

And Eston, who's this "hit-squad" you're so proudly talking about? They definitely didn't show up when you played us.

Shorty, signing out.

By Stfreak77 on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 07:32 pm:

I agree with shorty....we lost, big deal...we were willing to except it. But you guys have to come in here and talk like you dominated us, and we were nothing. You barely won and possibly wouldnt have if our coaches had a clue what they were doing(BEFORE THE FOURTH QUARTER!!)...you could have shown a little humbleness.

By Shortyraven6122 on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 07:53 pm:

Actually, man, I think the term would be "modesty," or, as Eston so eloquently put it, "R-E-S-P-E-C-T."

Only reason I signed up for this board was because of your mouth, E.E. You give ST the props it deserves, I'll back off.

By Teck on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 09:54 am:

yah, Laurel's sucess over tech will not last long. I think the record in basketball is like 0 and 11. Dayum son.

By Laurels_Finest on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 09:04 am:

YEAH RIGHT. YOU GET'S NO RESPECT FOR WHAT.. YOU SAW THE HITSQUAD, AND THE ONLY REASON YOU CAME BACK WAS BECAUSE OF THE FATIQUE FACTOR. YOU COULDN'T GET NOTHING STARTED. ONCE AGAIN FOR THE RAVENS. HITSQUAD!!!!!!!!!

E

P.S. TOMMY YOU'RE A SCRUB, BIG FOR NOTHING AND WHERE DO YOU GET THE IDEA U PANCAKED ME YOU MIGHT OF BLOCKED BUT NO PANCAKE. DON'T BRING THE CREME FILLING NEXT TIME SOFTY.

By Stfreak77 on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 07:42 pm:

ok thats it.......im sick of this. you won, but this is all so stupid. I dont understand how you all can get tired but we can't. Tech's players were playing just as long as you, and dont even say we weren't. the only people that we rotate are the backs occassionaly and ONE d-lineman. And E, I'd like to know how you get off callin shorty a scrub....last I remember his name was on the list as 1st team all conference gaurd, and honorable mention all state last year......where was yours? you think you all would have learned a little humility since last week's game....

I was there, and I didnt see any "hitsquad" either, I saw one hit on Marcus when he was down field thinking he was gone... I did see E-train give No.1 from Laurel a nice something though......but that is enough of this junk.....just let the game go, you won, I dont personaly think you should have, but I've excepted it,...so why dont you just dropp the whole "we were tired" stuff..its just stupid

By Theone on Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 10:08 am:

yall all can't beat central so there just leave it at that

By Stfreak77 on Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 11:02 am:

Theone,....I didnt see you doing anything special against us so why are you throwin yourself in here....you only beat us by one touchdown(which by the way, which was set up by us,...cause brandon punted the ball out of bounds at our 18, so its not like you had far to go).....we didnt win, but dont say we can't.....

By Laurels_Finest on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 08:58 am:

I SAID NO MORE ABOUT THE GAME. SHORTY CAME ON RUNNIN LIP HEY WE WON I AIN'T GOT NUTTIN MORE TO SAY WE GAVE TO TECK AND WE HAVE BRAGGING RIGHTS LEAVE IT ALONE. HEY, TIRED OR NOT YOU GOT IT. LLLAAAUUUURRRREEEELLLL

E

PS. LEAVE IT ALONE

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: