What about tonights games??

Sussex County Online User Forums: Henlopen Conference Sports Forum: What about tonights games??
By Dtownhottie7 on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 10:32 am:

Delmar is gonna hold it up againest Forestville, just like anyone else whom comes along!! soo bring it!

By Bball on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 10:42 am:

Who the heck is Forestville? Play a real team....

By Daghost on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 01:42 pm:

yeah delmar the only reason you win is because these teams that you play are bootylicious. play a real squad and you'll lose.

By Dada on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 03:54 pm:

delmar will do their thing...tech vs. laurel is the game of the week in the henlopen and the bridge vs. seaford is the game of the WEAK in the henlopen...1

By Dtownhottie7 on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 05:26 pm:

bring us a team, and we'll play em..delmar has mad skill, and it's not their fault we get scheduled the teams we do, were only in division two, and we can take anyone in our division

By Sportsfreak88 on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 08:25 pm:

Delmar........... Your coach and athletic director are responsible for your schedule. Yes you play the southern division in the henlopen, and out of state schools who don't equal the bad Divison 2 tems in the henlopen. How many division 1 teams do you play??? No doubt you have a great program and any team to go 20 something wins in a row is awesome. However this comes from playing Forrestville, Choptican, Riverdale Baptist etc. Play a few Dover's, Sussex Centrals etc. and this win streak would not exist. Middletown is a good example. They were the most dominant team in the State for many years in Division 2. They are in Division 1 now and not having the same success. I will not deny that you have been the best Division 2 team in the state and deserve it. I would like to see the papers, depreps, etc start ranking teams by divisions.

By Dtownhottie7 on Saturday, September 28, 2002 - 11:16 am:

Delmar is DIVISION TWO! we dont' play division one. and it has NOTHING to do with skill, it's because of the population of your school. division one teams, DONT PLAY DIVISION TWO TEAMS..and i think if we did, we'd still be a very good team, delmar doesn't only have skill but has heart, good coaching, and all around good players..holla

By Sportsfreak88 on Saturday, September 28, 2002 - 05:45 pm:

Laurel plays Division I (Tech,Cape,Seaford). IR plays Polytech, Central and last year played Cape, Sussex Tech, Central, Polytech. You can play Division I schools it is up to your coach and athletic director. It doesn't do a division I team any good to play a Division II because they don't get any points for beating Division II. I agree with how Delmar schedules. I'm just saying that they do it to keep the streak alive. If the past 2 championship teams from Delmar were in the North they would not be State champions.......period.

By Bball on Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 11:01 am:

The last time Delmar played a D1 school, it was 2 years ago during their first championship run. They played SC and got beat pretty bad, so I don't blame them for not playing any more D1 schools. Their coaches know how to keep that streak alive.

By Megha717 on Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 11:18 am:

If I were their coach, I wouldn't schedule Central and Dover either. They stopped playing us (Central) two years ago when they only lost to us. That's why they don't wanna play us!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: