TECK...WHEN AND WHERE THE PARTY?

Sussex County Online User Forums: Henlopen Conference Sports Forum: TECK...WHEN AND WHERE THE PARTY?
By Dada on Sunday, October 06, 2002 - 08:38 pm:

TECK...I SPECIFICALLY REMEMBER YOU SAYING THAT IF IR WON TWO GAMES THAT YOU WOULD THROW A PARTY...SO WHEN AND WHERE IS IT GOING TO BE????

HOLLA

By Cw22 on Monday, October 07, 2002 - 07:13 am:

if I'm not mistaken IR has won more games than Tech also, but anyway where the party??

By Teck on Monday, October 07, 2002 - 04:39 pm:

ummmmm.......Who are u playing against? Our JV Team would blow yall out.

By Td6 on Monday, October 07, 2002 - 07:28 pm:

um we beat woodbridge which is a conference game so just take the hit to your pride and accept that you got your words put back in your mouth.

By Td6 on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 10:40 pm:

an add another w to the win column. they seem to just keep coming.

By Sportsfreak88 on Saturday, October 12, 2002 - 08:50 am:

It is wonderful to see the "private school" who recruits all year falling flat on their face. Looks like the Sussex Tech Ravens are merely pretenders and certainly not contenders. They are the biggest flop of the Season in Delaware high school football.

By Stfreak77 on Saturday, October 12, 2002 - 02:12 pm:

ok now, lets get two things straight, tech is not a private school, its an ordinary high school, anyone can go there just like they can go to anyother school.....and the ONLY reason our record is as it is, is because the head coach has no clue what he is doing, last year it was ok because we had David, Schirmer, and Tinley to cover up his mistakes....but now its time for a real coach to step up, and he is not it.....and who all have we recruited?

By Cw22 on Saturday, October 12, 2002 - 02:29 pm:

hudson and maull to name a few

By Sportsfreak88 on Saturday, October 12, 2002 - 04:07 pm:

I have a hard time believing that Bill Collick doesn't have a clue what he's doing. This coming from one of his own plyers.With players like you on the team it is certainly understandable why you are having a horrible year. Seems to me that you as well as your teammates need to do a little gut check yourselves and quit blaming everyone else for your lack of success. Be assured STfreak77 many others are enjoying seeing your team fall flat on your faces. It's payback for the " It's not really recruiting" that we all know goes on at Tech. Maull, Hudson, Polk to name a few.

P.S. How many games have you coached and what's your record!

By Catfan5 on Saturday, October 12, 2002 - 04:57 pm:

Although it is true that tech is a public high school, they get a whole lot of state money that other schools don't get because they are a "vocational" center. Not everyone can go there. If they don't want you, they will say they have no room (this never happens to "star" athletes). The extra money tech gets from the state is used for everything from teacher pay (sussex tech teachers are among the highest paid in the state) to athletics (uniforms, fields, coaches). I hear your athletic director makes about $80,000 a year. That's as much as 2 1/2 teachers in other DE schools. Also, your principal in currently under investigation and will likely be prosecuted for misappropriation of school funds. Sounds like Tech has more serious problems than a bad football team.

By Shortyraven6122 on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 12:02 am:

In response to Cw22:

Maull came to Tech in 9th grade, well before Collick arrived, and didn't play football until 11th. Hardly "recruited."

Granted, I can't say the same for Hudson.

The only other one on football I can think of would be Prince Kemmerlin, who went back to Milford after his one year (sophomore) at Tech.

And actually, Sportsfreak88, Stfreak77 had to sit this season out due to serious injury, so he's neither one of Collick's players, nor one of my teammates.

However, as one of Collick's players, I still agree with his argument that Collick has no clue what he's doing. He teaches dinosaur football, if he ever teaches anything at all; basically, he just stands around practice all day looking lost, like a senile old man, piping in occasionally when we're doing teamwork (usually to yell at someone who did the right thing, while overlooking the person who screwed up), and giving pep-talks that leave us wondering, "What did he mean, and how is that suppposed to motivate us?"

Basically, Bill Collick was hired by Tech not for his coaching ability, but for PR. That's all it boils down to.

One more thing, not trying to sound like I'm whining that people hate Tech, just trying to clear up some facts.

As you said, Catfan5, Tech does get a lot more state money because it is a vocational school. Granted. However, the extra money does not go into sports. It goes into the technical programs. The Visual Communications TV studio alone cost well over a half million dollars to build and furnish with the proper equipment.

Meantime, the sports teams still have to make money for uniforms with all the usual fundraisers and such.

And, as you said, Frunzi (superintendent, not principal) is under investigation. I don't know the specifics.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say.

Shorty, signing out.

By Sportsfreak88 on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 06:39 am:

Well shortyraven6122, it does my heart good to know that everything in "Ravenville" isn't as wonderful as they lead the public to believe it is.

By Bball on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 08:34 am:

Stfreak77, if Sussex Tech is a public school, then why do students have to apply and get turned down. And, why when applications find there way into the "good athletes" hands who are dumb as bricks, they get accepted with no problems. This is not an opinion, I have seen this happen. They do recruit or this wouldn't have been the case.

By Shortyraven6122 on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 10:08 am:

Bball, that's not recruiting, because they don't actively pursue the good athletes to come to Tech (most of the time). What you're talking about is just biased selection. There is a difference, though not much.

Shorty, signing out.

By Stfreak77 on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 10:18 am:

Also Bball,......you have no idea how many people apply to Tech. The reason they take applications is because people from ALL over the county (hence SUSSEX Tech) can go there... if they dont turn people down, there wouldnt even be enough room for students...they'd have to build another whole school.....and even Tech doesn't have that kind of money. I mean, its crowded enough as it is, they excepted way too many freshman this year in my opinion, there is like 345 of them.

By Catfan5 on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 10:38 am:

Tech recruited Brandon Hudson from Delmar with the promise that he would receive more attention from scouts because it is a D1 school. I hear Brandon is not very happy at tech, the Wildcats would love to have him back.

By Catfan5 on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 10:42 am:

anyone who believes that tech sports is not benefiting from state money is naive. how many other athletic directors in the state make more than 80,000 a year. that's our tax dollars at work. i wonder how much your coaches get paid. i am going to look up tech's school budget and find out. i'll let you know.

By Bball on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 05:02 pm:

So it just so happened that applications "fell" into the hands of a couple of athletes from SC that were not that great in school, but did enough to get by; oh by the way did I mention that they were all-conference players....must be a coincidence....sorry.

By Shortyraven6122 on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 06:11 pm:

Bball, what athletes from SC are you referring to? I honestly don't know. And one more thing, it sounds like you hail from Central. For everything you talk about Tech recruiting, I have just two words: Jamil Young.

Catfan - Even though I block for Hudson, I don't know him well enough to know how he's liking the school. He is disappointed, as we all are, that our performance this year is less than stellar. I think in the long run, though, his decision to come to Tech will pay off in academics. And about the money: honestly, how does the athletic director's salary have any effect on our sports performances? The salary goes straight into his pocket, not into sports. Meanwhile, like I said before, Tech sports still have to do all the same kinds of fundraisers other schools do.

Shorty, signing out.

By Bball on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 07:33 pm:

Jamil Young and A.J. Neal came to SC because they thought Woodbridge was going to lose their sports programs, and they almost did. It took 2 referendums to keep sports at Woodbridge. The head coach of the Woodbridge football team was going to send his own son to SC if they didn't have football at Woodbridge. Why not go to a school where you will get noticed, or send your son to a school to get noticed. I just think that there are mutual relations between coaches and players at the 2 schools. But there was no communication before hand.

By Cw22 on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 08:55 pm:

Hey Shortridge, what is up??

By Shortyraven6122 on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 09:00 pm:

Um... not much, who are you?

You got AIM? My sn's tom2jeter

By Shortyraven6122 on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 09:05 pm:

Oh, duh, never mind, what's up, Chris?

By Catfan5 on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 09:11 am:

the salary of your athletic director was brought up to show how much more funding your school gets from the state than any other public school.

By Stfreak77 on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 11:50 am:

um, dude.....we get more funding, BECAUSE we have more kids...people from every district in the county can send their kids there...so naturally we are gonna need more money to support them...plus it doesnt hurt that our school was ranked 3rd in the nation last year...but whatever, I dont really care....after this year I'm done with it all and out of here anway

By Sportsfreak88 on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 05:23 pm:

Yeah.....The private school got beaten again!!!!!

By Catfan5 on Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 02:13 pm:

well your athletic director's salary comes from the state funding. and the athletic director's salary doesn't have anything to do with how many kids you have it's how good he is...and if you ask me, he isn't earning his paycheck.

By Teck on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 08:22 pm:

quit hatin on Basa, u do u.

By Stfreak77 on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 07:07 pm:

Why are you putting this all on Jerry K,.....he has nothing to do with football or any of the fall sports..he doesnt coach,...he coaches basketball, and look what we do there.....what was it? 20-5 last year...

By Sportsfreak88 on Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 08:53 am:

When you can recruit players like Brian Polk, you should be successful. The basketball program at Tech is the biggest offender of recruiting players. I mean.........."school choice". You seem to forget Stfreak77 that some students and faculty see through the smoke and mirrors tech has been sending to the public since it's inception so they leave and go elsewhere. They also talk!!!!!

By Stfreak77 on Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 12:42 pm:

Tech did not recruit Brian Polk, he came to tech on his own choice, BECAUSE Central was going to bench him, and he wanted to play. He was going to leave no matter what, it was just luck that tech was right across the highway...instead of cruising all the way to another town for school.

By Bball on Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 05:31 pm:

SC was never going to bench Polk...get your information straight. And since Sussex Tech is a great institution, Polk had to be a "Prop 48" in college. In case you didn't realize what that is, it means you sit out because of grades!!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: