Montague

Sussex County Online User Forums: Henlopen Conference Sports Forum: Montague
By Stfreak77 on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 06:11 pm:

yo,...I just heard about Brock....just wanted to say I'm really sorry, I grew up in Laurel and I know that is a big loss to everyone there, he was a good guy

By Cw22 on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 06:15 pm:

Yeah, that is very sad and I send my condolances to his family, friends, and teammates. We will miss ya man

By Wildcat4ever on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 06:16 pm:

My prayers and thoughts go out to his family.

By Catfan5 on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 06:24 pm:

What a terrible tradegy. My thoughts and prayers also go out to the Montague family.

By Catfan5 on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 06:25 pm:

sorry tragedy

By Stfreak77 on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 07:28 pm:

could someone post when the service is....Im sure there are more than a few of us that would like to go

By Sportsfreak88 on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 07:30 pm:

My sympathy goes out to his family and friends. Terrible tragedies like this certainly put things in perspective. We come on here and debate issues etc and the bottom line is,in the grand scheme of things it's just high school football. There are many more important things in life than that!!!
Peace to all!!!!

By Dhsmom7 on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 07:36 pm:

This is a mother's worst nightmare!!!!! My sympathies to Brock's family and to all his friends and team mates. There are no words to make any sense out of this tragedy. God Bless Us All

By Fan on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 09:07 pm:

Brock.......you were a great guy, funny, smart, nice just a well rounded friend. i remember going to watch our dads play softball together. me and you even wear the same number in baseball. this is a real shame....my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends...:( R.I.P. Brock (you will never be forgot!! #8

By Brendan Warner on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 10:18 pm:

To the Family and friends of Brock Montague.

Nothing anyone can say will take away the grief you are feeling. My son Ryan lost a good friend at Lake Forest last year. (Tony Silicato) At the funeral the minister said something that stuck with me and gave me some comfort. He said something to the effect "Tony has completed his work on Earth. As short as it was the plan God had for him has been completed,and he is at peace now". The same can be said for Brock. I am not a real religious person but I found some comfort in those words, I hope you do also.

By R.I.P. on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 01:06 am:

I got to know Brock about a year ago while we weren't the tight friends he was with some on this disscussion he was a great athlete but more importantly a great person my prayers are with his family friends and loved ones.

By Raider1 on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 09:23 am:

The Raider football family offers its deepest sympathy to Brock's family and friends. This is a reminder to all of us that life is too short to worry about the petty stuff. Bulldogs - take care of each other, and please know you're not alone.

By Chris White on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 10:51 am:

Brock I didn't know you that well, you played against me and we were both competitors. You pushed me too my max and now you are gone. I will miss ya man R.I.P. # 8 Cya sometime.

By Jwebster10 on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 01:42 pm:

I just want to send my respects out to Brocks family, friends, and teammates. As a competitor against Brock in baseball and football I could tell he really had talent and Im sorry to see it end this way. RIP #42 and #8....From me and the rest of Delmar......

By softballfever12 on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 01:59 pm:

Brock... so much to say about this boy. Crazy, loving, funny, very talented, and always flirtin with gurls. He could put a smile on your face even if you were havin the worst day! We weren't the best of friends, but who didnt know him. He had a positive outlook on everything! He
definitely will be missed but never forgotten. My respects go out to his family and many friends. Keep your heads up high, because I know he is up above lookin over us, dont we want to make him proud of us? RIP #42,8... BrOcK MoNtAGuE!
"We might of lost a great friend, but we gained an angel!"

By God works in a crazy way on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 04:02 pm:

I've known Brock since elementary school, he has always been a great guy. No matter how upset you were he always found a way to make you smile. Today while iw as drving by the high school, i looked up and there was a big fluffy cloud in the sky and i said aloud, Brock i know you are up there sitting on that cloud right now, then i got a crazy tingle all over my body...thats how i know brocks in heaven watching and looking over everyone RIP Brock

By Laurels_Finest on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 07:08 pm:

THE VIEWING IS...

SATURDAY 12:00 A.M.

THE FUNERAL IS

SATURDAY 2:00 A.M.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT CHURCH

By hg on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 07:45 pm:

Hey

By Jacob Dattilo on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 07:51 pm:

I did not really know Brock that well. We never played on the same team and just really did not get the chance to know each other. I do know that I never heard a negative thing about him and that he was a great guy. I did get to play against him and he was one of the few people that carried himself with class in those couple of games. He did not lower himself to everyone elses standards. I give him a lot of respect for that. I just wanted to give my respects to Brock's family and all of his friends.

By A D on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 08:29 pm:

R.I.P...your gone but not forgotten

By Laurels_Finest on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 08:52 pm:

the service will be held at the Laurel High School on Saturday at 2

E

By info on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 09:01 pm:

Is there going to be a viewing at 12...or is it just going to be the service and stuff

By Laurels_Finest on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 09:15 pm:

VIEWING AT 12

By Delmar46 on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 09:15 pm:

Mad luv goes out to brock and his family and friends and all his teamates....i played against brock in every sport and he was a competitor....at everything....but like they said up there...he has completed what god has wanted him to do...i will miss him i know that.......he will be missed tremendously...RIP BROCK...from me and all the delmar football players...

By Woodbridge #62 on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 09:44 pm:

In some cases life is never truly cherished until it is lost; but not in this case. Brock Montague loved live and what it had to offer. He was a crazy, funny, smart, athletic, and competitive person. I can still look back to when we were little kids chasing foul balls that our dads hit off the softball field. I still remember when we were like 10, playing homerun derby on the T-Ball field in Bridgeville. I truly enjoyed competing with Brock in the two sports that I was able to (Football and Baseball). Moments like these along with people like Brock Montague will never be forgotten. Myself along with the whole Woodbridge football team send deepest sympathy to Brockâs family, friends, and teammates.
Woodbridge Capt. #62 GL Jefferson

By LAURELQB11 on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 09:45 pm:

Brock,

You were not only my best friend, you were my brother. I can not believe that you are not here anymore. All that i can think about is all the crazy times we had and all the times you made me laugh. I could count on you for anything; I always knew you would be there for me. You were an amazing athlete, brother, and most of all, friend. I could never have been able to imagine the pain I feel every time I hear your name. I know that you will never be with us again, and it feels like i lost a part of myself. I know that you are in heaven smiling down on me, and I just want you to know that i will see you one day. The friendship we shared means more to me than anything, and you will always be in my heart. I have shed tears for you since i heard. Just know that we love you and you will be forever missed. I love you!! ONE LOVE

ANDY

By Dhsgirls on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 10:00 pm:

I personally i didn't kno Brock but alot of my friends did and they all said he was a great person and me and all my friends from Delmar would like u all to kno our prayers go out to all of Brocks friends, family, teammates, and the town of Laurel...From me, my friends and Delamr we are sorry to hear about this and we are praying for u all b/c we kno this is a very hard thing to have to go through..R.I.P Brock #8

By Kyle Belle on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 10:05 pm:

My prayers are out from his family, friends, & teammates.

By Aimee Mankins on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 10:07 pm:

Brock and I weren't best friends; I got the great chance of getting to know him this year. Football talks were the main subject, but he was such a smart, funny guy that could make a bad day turn to a good one. Brock's faith in bulldogs really showed me how wonderful of a guy he is, even if they were the underdogs. He puts the true meaning in the Bulldog Pride that I forgot. Thank you so much for showing me where my roots are. My heart goes out there for all the people who knew and loved Brock. R.I.P and love you always and Iâll see you again someday. #42 forever

By mmm1987 on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 10:23 pm:

I personally dont kno Brock.. I go to Seaford High, and all day ,while walking thru the halls, u heard his name, he obviously was a gr8 guy! Hearing stories of him and his dream of being a Pro Baseball player. How friendly he was, even if he didnt even kno u... I could go on and on. My prayers are with his family! RIP! everyone misses u!

By DMitch on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 10:33 pm:

Brock....
I havent really gotten to talk to you much since I left for tech, which is somethin I really regret, you always had a way of making people laugh about anything. Thats something I'm sure everyone is going to miss. When I heard, it seemed almost sureal, it still does...you never think something like this going to happen around here and when it does it makes you question alot of things....you're most definitely going to be missed around here by everyone. I just want to say I'm sorry for Jeff, Mark, and Andy...I cant even imagine how it feels to lose a friend as close as that, I wish you all the best

-DMitch

By Sarah Oddo on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 10:36 pm:

Brock,
I still can't believe this...I mean I saw you in school and then your gone. You were such a great friend!! You were like a brother to me. We told each other everything and you always found a way to cheer me up. I don't know what I am going to do without you. I don't understand why God has to take someone that is so special to all of us. Especially you...you never did a thing wrong. You were a great guy all around. Just promise that you will watch down on us from heaven. You will always be in my heart and my thoughts. It is going to be so different without you here. I'll try to smile, b/c I know that is what you'd want me to do. You've only been gone a little more than a day and I already miss you soo much. I will never be able to forget you. Some of my best memories are shared with you. You know why I couldn't...I didn't make up any excuses. Always know that I'll always miss you. I love you so much! #42 Always and Forever! Behave up there! I'll see you when I get there.

Much Love,
Sarah

By Amber Ruhl on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 10:46 pm:

Brock-
I know we weren't too close this year, but we were pretty close last year in gym. I never had a frown around you, you always made me laugh with your crazy stories and some of the stuff you did. It's hard to beleive that I'm never gonna see that heart warming smile of yours. I'll never forget you, there will always be a place in my heart for you! I love ya Brock! #42 forever!

-Amber

By SeAfOrD FaNs on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 10:59 pm:

To Brocks Family, Friends, and Fellow Team Mates of the Laurel Football, Baseball and Seaford Big League Teams,

We're all so sorry about the death of Brock. People that didn't know him very well at all have been touched about what has happened. Cherish every moment with the one's that you love, you never know what you truly have until its gone. Brock you will never be forgotten abd we'll see you in heaven someday...Rest In Peace.

Love, Some Fans you never knew you had.

By Glenn Phillips Jr. on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 11:22 am:

12:00pm- (viewing) Saturday at Laurel High School

2:00pm- (funeral) Saturday at Laurel High School

By Boogie on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 11:45 am:

Anyone that knew Brock loved him, and it is hard to beleive that he is no longer with us. It seems like yesterday day when we went to the haunted houses together, and stepped on the football field together, and in a blink of an eye he is gone, just like that. It shows me how we take life for granted and how tomorrow isn't promised. You never understand how much someone means to you until they are gone and that is how I feel about brock. As we mourn for our losted friend, teammate, family, be strong because that is what he would want us to do.

Forever and always your boy Boogie

By Tesa H. on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 02:25 pm:

This is Tesa Henning. The fact that I grew up with him and everyone else at Laurel makes me upset for moving. When I first heard this news I started to cry, even tho I hardly even knew him. It's so hard to try and cope with this. He was everyone's friend. He hated no one. I send lots of hope and emotional courage to his family, and us his friends. R.I.P. #42! Tesa

By Beth on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 04:46 pm:

Brock,
Its so hard to not see you any more. I mean We may not have been that close, but u were close to my uncle, and I've known you for a while.. since I was Little.. Its hard because you always made someone smile, and you never acted like u were better then everyone else. I will never forget all those times when you would do a litte dance, just to make someone happy, even if u did look dumb. That is what I loved about you. Its gonna be weird not seeing you in school, or with my uncle or anywhere. I know that you are in a much better place, and that u are lookin down on us for heaven. Never forget me or anyone, because I kno you will never be forgot. R.I.P
We all love you. 11-6-02 #42 and #8

Love always and forever,
Beth

By Heather ODay on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 05:30 pm:

Brock,
I know that we had our times that we would fight over dumb stuff, but the next day we would be friends again..it's just so hard to understand that I'll never get to see you again! I know that your up there looking out for all us! Thanks for all the good memories! R.I.P. I love you! #42 and #8 forever!!

Much Love,
Heather

By Kelly on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 05:58 pm:

Brock,
Hey I dont really know you but i have heard so many great things about you. Alls i know is that you were a funny and nice guy. I wish i got to meet you. You will be missed by many people. All my love and prayers go out to his family and friends.You will never be forgotten. RIP # 42 & #8.
Luv ya,
Kelly

By Kelsy Gordy on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 07:14 pm:

Brock,

I never really talked to you that much except for when I was with Abbey and you were there. I can still remember the time when you put all of this gewwy stuff in Abbey's hair and you couldn't get it out so you had to play a game with us b/c your mom made you. I just want you to know that youa re always in my heart and everybody elses. You will never be forgotten and you will always have a place in my heart.
Luv Ya,
Kelsy

By Kristina on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 08:25 pm:

Brock,
You were a great guy! And you will always be missed! i never got to meet you but i heard great things about you! But i wish i did! You will always be in our hearts! See ya soon!!! You will never be forgotten! LY!! #42 and #8
Love ya,
Kristina ward

By BAM on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 11:18 pm:

Brock,
It has been an extremely long time since I have gotten to talk to you. Ever since I left for tech, i missed you so much. In middle school, you always found a way to make me laugh. You were definitely the greatest! It is extremely heartbreaking to think that you are gone, but definitely not forgotten. We shared a lot when we were together. I love you man! I will truly miss you, and words cannot express my sympathy. All my respects go out to the Montague family, and also the many friends that Brock had. (too many to mention) Good luck to the football teams, as I know it will be hard to continue. Thanks for making my life better than it should have been! I will see you some day! BAM

By Kati Ward on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 11:55 pm:

Brock- I dont understand. why did you have to go. I love you! I'll never 4get you-Thad! PLease wait for me. cant wait to see you again! Love you so much...Kati*

By Fan on Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 12:45 am:

Eston and Boogie i know you guys were close to him and loved him, and we sayen this as really good friends to both of you guys, keep your heads up play ball cause thats what he would want you to do and we are here for yall if yall ever need anything, anything at all wer here......love yall boys... Rusty Emory and GL Jefferson

By Whitney Webb on Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 09:49 am:

Brock....

You dont really know me but i know you. We talked on the phone a few times. You are a great person. You will never be forgotten. I know i will never forget the time Ashley and i were going to sneek you threw the window becasue you wanted to meet me. Too bad we never got that chance. One day we will meet though. I know you were a great person and so did everyone else. You had family and friends all over and didn't even realize it. So many tears have been shed over this loss. You were truely a "super kid." You WILL be missed by everyone. Love ya Brock!!!

Whitney Milford High Senior!!

By Lacey Moffett on Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 11:56 am:

Brock..Baby your gunna missed by everyone.. I'll always remember the times we shared together..i still remember the first time i ever talked to u.. You were the greatest guy ..I'll always remember the time we went and played on the playground b/c we were so bored boy that was fun..i know your in a better place now..I wanna know why you..but GOD needed you.. Watch down on my sweetie..My prayers go out to all of Brocks family and all of his friends..You will never be forgotten..I truly believe GODS making an *allstar* baseball team up there!.. R.I.P. Brock Montague,#8 & #42..11-6-02

By ISAIAHSMOM on Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 01:05 pm:

Brock,
Hey bud I remember all the dumb stuff that you use to do when you were little out to the little league field. I know that God took you so you could maybe cheer him up. I can't wait to see you again. I was staring at the clouds on my way to college thinking abou you. I didn't understand why you had to leave. I am so sorry I cold not go to your funeral because I did not want to see you like that. My deepest sypathies go to your mom and dad and the rest of your family. Julie I love you and if you need me you know where I am at. R.I.P. Brock love ya

Love always and 4-ever Danielle (Allison)Shockley

By Ashley Hastings on Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 03:31 pm:

Brock u were always so sweet nice and funny i cant imagine why god did this or why god took u from us and not took an older person! y u tho u were not doin anything wrong but i just dont understand # 42& # 8 will stay alive forever and my prayers go out to the family and friends of Brock M Montague ~! srry i couldnt go to the funeral but i hate funerals and i wanted to but i might just go to ur grave and see ya k ly all and im here for all of brocks freinds and family members!

love ya always,
*~Ashley*~

By Deborah Hastings-Allison on Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 06:20 pm:

Linda,
I'm so very sorry for the heartbreak you are experiencing. My parents surely know how it feels. It has been a pain in their life for so many years. Although the sorrow is not the same as it was so many years ago it is a loss forever. Please consider allowing God to lift you up and wrap His arms around you. He can take your anger, your why's, and your tears. This may not be a comfort to you right this minute but if you will tuck the thought in your heart it will help you heal down the road.

Debbie & Family

Julie,
Danielle has agonized over your grief. She knows it is tremendous and I know it is something you think you can not bare. We realize how very close you were to Brock and your heart is torn in two. Rock youself to sleep with his memories and you will be comforted even as you cry. God blessed women specially with tears to continue to wash away the pain. When you are ready to talk with Danielle her arms are open and so is our home.

Love Miss Debbie

By Lauren Hilderbrand on Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 10:31 pm:

Brock,
i no thay i didnt talk to you alot and now i wish i did...you alwayz knew what to say when someone was sad and you never hated anyone.thats why i loved you soo much, you helped everyone and never talked about them behind their backs. i wish i couldve gotten to no you better! but as you no not all wishes come true. i cant believe this is happened to you. i mean if it had to happen why couldnt of been someone else? when i say your name in my head and that you died it doesnt feel real....im not sure but this really feels like a nightmare i cant get out of and i wish i could wake up but i cant. you alwayz put a smile on my face whenever i saw you and alwayz said something dumb just to make me laugh. i dunno what you had that no one else will ever have but i loved you for that and you will alwayz have a place in my heart and in evryone elses.until i see you again in heaven you'll be in my mind everyday until it comes to be my time!!
I Love You
Lauren Hilderbrand

By shane on Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 11:05 pm:

brock- its hard to believe your gone it seems like just yesterday i played you in pickle ball all those games everyday beating the teams we played man. its jus sad i know i will see you again up stairs practice up i wanna rematch when i see you up there later man --much love-- shane

ps tell the good lord hi for me

By LHS parent on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 12:38 am:

I just wanted to thank the Delmar football team and the coaching staff for attending the viewing...you don't know how much that meant to all of us...im so glad to see that you would help to support us in a hard time like this as we would do the same for you...I saw many of the Delmar and Laurel players and studnets hugging and helping each other out it brought tears to my eyes... God Bless you all and thanks again...

R.I.P Brock #42, #8

By AK on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 04:01 am:

Brock --
We saw each other forever ago, but we've talked since. It's hard to think that you wont' be there the next time I come back, I'm sorry I didn't stop by the last time. You were such a friend to me in ways you probably didn't notice. I wish I could have been there today. I only got to know you a fraction of how well your other friends did, and I can imagine how much they're hurting. There will be such an absence out on the football and baseball fields. During your memorial, Angels in the Outfield came on. I know you'll still be out there with your friends and teammates, even though we can't see you. My heart goes out to your family and Laurel.
-- Alaska

By Dhsmom7 on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 05:19 pm:

LHS Parent,

No thanks needed. We all felt your pain. Hopefully none of us will EVER have to endure hurt like this again.

dhsmom

By Jennifer Foskey on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 05:56 pm:

Brock,
I didnt really know you, but when i heard about what happened i cried. We all miss you. and i found out that you are related to me in some way because i was told that you are related to my uncle. I love you and i will never forget you. I havent seen you since 7th grade. you are in a better place now. sorry i didnt make it to ur funeral but i didnt have a ride because i wrecked my car the day before the funeral.i really want to go to your funeral. I cant believe that you are gone.

love ya, Jen

my sympathy goes out to the friends and family of Brock.

By Lauryn on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 06:36 pm:

Brock you were a really good guy. I got to see you Monday and I'm so happy that I did. I talked to you Tuesday and I wanted to see you again. You were such a great person. R.I.P Brock

Lauryn

By Robyn on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 10:43 pm:

Brock, You were a great guy, and you always knew how to make me smile in the morning when I came to take you to school. Remeber, you broke my seat? Well I know I will see you again one day. I love you. Robyn

My sympathy goes out to his family, I know how much he meant to everyone.

By AshleyBurris on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 10:47 pm:

Brocky,

Its your sis... I miss you so much and I am not handlin this very well ... I am sorry that I never went to all your games and i feel terrible about it ... I am not doing to well I put on a front b/c I don't want people to feel sorry for me deep down the pain is killing me and I don't think that it is ever going to go away... There is always something there that reminds me of you... I still have all the crazy dances you did for me on my computer and I break me down ever time I see them... I know that i should not watch them b/c it hurts to much but that is how i want to remember you Thanx for all the talks we had about boys and the straight answers you gave me even if you hated them... Dad said that you had a smile on your face wens night when he went to the hospital and that keeps me going b/c that tells me that you are in a better place now ... We are takin care of your mom and your family You were a good person deep down and you were taken to soon but you served your time and it was your time to go ... Rest in peace brother I will be there someday to be with you ... I love you brother

Love Always ,
Your Sis Ashley

By SeafordMom on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 12:30 am:

Dear Linda and family,
I knew Brock because he was friends with my daughter. He was a kind, considerate and fun-loving young man. Why God took him from you is something I keep asking myself. I guess that he is in a better place and that God had a plan for him. As a mother of a 17 year old son, myself, I can't imagine how you must feel. Know that every mom out there is thinking of you and hoping that you find some peace in your life again someday. Your family and friends will help you get through this. Your son will be missed by everyone.

By Ashley O on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 12:53 am:

Brock you were such a great guy and its so hard to think that im not going to see you again....not going to be able to laugh at your jokes....and not going to be able to get mad at ya when you piss me off. I dont know what im going to do without you. I miss ya so much. Never forget all our great times together. I will never forget you or all the great talks we had about everything!! You will be missed by so many...but your in a better place now and we will all be there with you someday!! RIP #8 & #42. I love you!

Luv ya
Ashley

By Amy Carey on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 01:13 am:

Brock,
I know that we didn't speak to each other for a long time. But I always thought the world of you. You were a wonderful person and an excellent athelete. I feel priveliged that I was able to know you and spend time with you. It wasn't your time to go, but being on the ambulance that day, I know you didn't suffer and that God is taking care of you now. I'm sorry this had to happen to you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone. I will see you again and then we can reunite and become as good of friends as we were that summer.
R.I.P. Brock
Amy

By Katie Whaley on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 11:50 am:

Brock,

Ya know its a shame to see you go. I saw you in the hall, but u never frowned it was always smiles. When you walked into the highschool it wasnt dull you filled those halls with so much happiness. I never had the chance to talk to you but I could tell u were the nicest guy everyones been talking about. I give your family the best of luck copeing, bc we have lost the nicest guy in laurel!

Much love,
Kate

By Patrick Montague on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 11:21 pm:

To the friends, teammates, classmates, teachers and others who were close to Brock:

My heart is broken when I think of the terrible pain and sorrow that you are experiencing. Although his life was taken away to soon for any of us to understand, the memorial service payed tribute to a life lived to the fullest. It was amazing to see the number of people who Brock affected in such a positive manner.

While Brock will never be forgotten, I am sure that the pain will ease with time and all of those who knew him will be left with the wonderful memories of Brock.

Please help me compile images, pictures, movies, etc. to help his family remember him by. If you have any songs, pictures, movies, etc, please copy them and send them to me. I will reimburse you for your costs. You can either send them through the internet to title1031@hotmail.com or mail them to Patrick Montague 1086 Bayville Shores Drive, Fenwick Island, DE 19944

Thank you,
Patrick Montague

By Laurel Senior Class Advisors K. Beck and D. Turner on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 11:05 am:

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE for their love and support through a very difficult time. We really appreciate all your caring thoughts for our students.THANKS!!!!

By Daghost on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 01:50 pm:

I didn't know Brock but I knew of him and I am sad to hear about what happened. To his family and friends life must go on and keep your heads up. You'll see him when you get there!!

LA #2

By katie on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 04:32 pm:

I really didn't know Brock that well. I have heard wonderful things about him. When i heard what had happened i cryed. I know that he was a terrifc athlete and funny and great friend. My prayers and thoughts go out to his family,friends,and everybody that know him.
To his teamates keep your heads high and just remember he's up there watching over everyone.

By rachael on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 08:48 pm:

I never knew Brock but I knew of him. I know he was a great guy. To all of his family, he will always be with you. He completed what God wanted him to. Know that and try to be strong for yourself and for Brock. To his friends and the football team, keep your spirits high. He is watching you. He always will. All of my support goes to his family and friends. Wait for him, he will be there waiting to see you again!!

By Confused on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 02:06 pm:

Brock,
You were a great person, even though I didn't really know you that well, but did know many of your friends.You will never be forgotten in this small town, and we know you will always be looking over everyone in this town..And we also know you will be on the field Friday night in spirt helping your team out..You will always be in everyone's hearts even if we did not know you personally..From all the stories everyone has posted, that shows how great you were..It is just still so hard to understand why you had to go, being so young and having the so much going for you in life..Well, hope you make it to the big league in heaven. We all know you will. Everyone will be with you again someday so just keep that with you..

# 8 & # 42 will never be forgotten... R.I.P

By Kirsten Marine on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 10:34 pm:

Brock,
i never really talked to you except when i was over abbeys. its gonna be so differant without you here. i wish you were still here. i keep wondering why did it have to be you!! it just doesnt seem right anymore!! well i know your in a better place now and i cant wait to see you again someday!!! im gonna miss ya!!!
*Kirsten*

By Brittney Venables on Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 06:06 pm:

Brock,
I didnt really tak to you all that much but I heard alot of great things about you. I knew that you were a great football player and baseball player. Laurel high school sports will just never be the same without you. I say to myselve why did it have to be him why. But you are in a better place know and atleast you did not have to suffer. Well know that you are gone you can look down on all of us and make sure we do what is right. I cant wait to be up there with you one day!
*~Brittney~*

By bbabe42 on Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 09:45 pm:

brock u will always be in my heart... u were such a good friend.. u always knew exactically what to say to cheer me up...u were a funny outgoing guy...i will miss u..everyone will.. and we love u... rst in peace brock

By IN MEMORY on Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 11:03 pm:

TO EVERYONE
BROCK DIED IN A CAR ACCIDENT. SOMETIMES LIFE IS JUST HARD FOR NO REASON. THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO TO TAKE AWAY ANY OF THE PAIN PEOPLE ARE FEELING, THE ONLY THING TO DO IS TO MOVE ON AND ALLOW BROCK TO LIVE THROUGH MEMORIES. FOOTBALL BOYS PLAY ON AND KEEP YOUR HEADS HIGH. I KNOW EVERYONE MISSES HIM BUT YOU ALL HAVE TO PICK UP AND GO ON.

By Bulldog Pride on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 10:51 am:

Evidently, you didn't know Brock and what type of person he was to be talking like that. The football team and everyone else knows that life must go on. This is a tragic loss for the Laurel Senior class, football and baseball team, students, community, and Brock's family and many, many friends. It is going to take a long time for everyone to get over this. Let everyone mourn which ever way they need to because he touched so many lives being the special person that he was.

By Brandi on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 04:48 pm:

I knew Brock in middle school. After that, we went our seperate ways. Him to Laurel, me to Tech. He was always there to make me laugh. Never forget him. Even though he is not here physically, he is here in spirit. Much sympathy goes out to Brock's family, friends, classmates, and teammates. WIN THIS FOR BROCK!!!!!!

By Brandon kom on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 08:16 pm:

Im am sorry to hear about this accident and i send my heart out to his family. Even though seaford and Laurel always pushed to beat each other this goes past that. This is a loss to everyone and remember god is on your side. I played aginst Brock In baseball in 2001 when I graduated and he was a warrior and its a shame that he will not be around to carry on that title. To his family i wish you the best of luck through yur hard times and may god be with you. We truly lost a champion and a great person as well as a athlete. RIP with respect Brandon Komorowski

By Jaydawg4 on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 02:18 am:

yo b,

i still can't believe your not here i mean we have been best friends since middle school and some of the stuff we did together was crazy lol! i just wish there was something i could do to bring you back i haven't stoped thinkin about u and everytime i see something about u i get this chill!! i miss you brother and this year when im holding it down baseballs eason im gonna look at short and ur not gonna be there thats gonna kill me i will be prayin for you everygame and i dedicate this season to you brock montague!! your the only reason i practice so hard to become better being you no we always competed with each other we always had to be the best well now who am my gonna compete with? u'll be on the mound with me this year so i doubt anyones gonna be able to touch us!! josh and brock will be on the mound together 1st game against cape so you all better keep ur eyes open laurels got a state championship to win for someone special!! look down on us brock keep us safe and from harm... keep it real up there and we'll visit shortly... much love josh

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: