All- Conference

Sussex County Online User Forums: Henlopen Conference Sports Forum: All- Conference
By Cw22 on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 07:29 pm:

With the football season coming to an end, who do you think should make All-Conference? ( Offense and Defense)

By Sportsfreak88 on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 10:17 pm:

When do they pick All-conference?

By Cw22 on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 10:28 pm:

Monday at 12:00

By raiders9 on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 10:43 pm:

i think some of them boys from the bridge will earn themselve all-conference. on the line it will be johnny p. g.l. jefferson and cody hartzell. then in the back field no doubt emilio perry. then on defensive line it will be johnny p. g.l. jefferson matt short. the linebackers no doubt ryan murray and mike eastman. db's will be emilio and rusty.

By Sportsfreak88 on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 07:54 am:

Keep dreamimg raiders9. Unfotunateley teams like Woodbridge that have had bad seasons will not get a lot of recognition regardless of the players. It's like that in all levels.

By Laurels_Finest on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 08:50 am:

Eston Ennis-de
Mike Hunt-de
Trey Jackson-dt
pat belle-dt
zarar shauket-lb
josh cherriman-lb
kt thompson-lb
mark pugh-lb
anton ridley-db
jeff downes-db
tyler downes-db
vince stewart-db
tyler downes-db

parker-c
eston ennis-G
travis hearn-g
jay heater-t
??????-t
mark pugh-te
mike hunt-te
Anton Ridley-se
Andy Harstien-qb
john ellis-qb
vince stewart-rb
chris horsey-rb

By Big B 77 on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 12:35 pm:

What about Milford!

By Big b 77 on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 12:38 pm:

They have a good center and a very good halfback and fullback not mention their middle linebacker.

By Sportsfreak88 on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 12:58 pm:

Every team has a couple players that could be All-conference. You hear about politics, rest assured a lot of bartering goes on during the All-conference selections. All-State and Blue Gold are the real deal.
Not sure of all the players names but here are some that are not mentioned, from teams with not so good records.

Hearn- Smyrna
#82-IR
QB-IR
Young- Lake Forest
Chandler-Milford
Perry-Woodbridge
White-IR

By Dada on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 01:00 pm:

players from ir should defintely be considered

By Bulldog Pride on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 01:07 pm:

Add to the All-Conference list:

BROCK MONTAGUE-LAUREL
Eston Ennis-Laurel
Jeff Downes-Laurel
Andy Hartstein-Laurel
Chris Horsey-Laurel
Zach Slatcher-Laurel
Scott Price-Delmar
Jonathan Ellis-Delmar
Vince Stewart-Delmar
Gabe Ellis-Delmar
Zakar ?-Delmar
Michael Hunt-Delmar
Cody Collins-Delmar
Tyler Downes-Delmar

By Laurels_Finest on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 02:41 pm:

brandon your ok, but i don't really think that you showed enough!!! YOu do have a ok fullback, and i didn't get to play against your middle linebacker so i wouldn't know. IR i think might get someone on their, and GL is the only person that might get something from Woodbridge. Robbie Young I heard is doing his thing, but we'll see when they come to Laurel first hand. Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

E

By Sportsfreak88 on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 02:58 pm:

I forgot to mention Dupont the kicker from IR. Collins from Delmar will be #1 because I'm sure he has kicked more but the kid from IR is very good too.

By Techfan on Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 01:27 am:

What about T Shortridge-Gaurd, he did make 1st team last year

By Sportsfreak88 on Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 09:50 am:

The Laurel coach knew what he was doing. He must have known Harstein was on the bubble for all-conference. Five touchdown passes against Seafords JV.

By Bulldog Pride on Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 11:04 am:

It's not Laurel's fault with the situation that happened to your team and the J.V. had to play. We still had a game to play and win it for Brock. Andy is an awesome quarterback. He will get something in the conference anyway! Did you forget the year Seaford beat Laurel 82-0? Enough said!

By Sportsfreak88 on Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 11:36 am:

He is a very good quarterback. Where's he looking at going to College, and will he play football? Doesn't he play baseball too?

By dhs on Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 01:38 pm:

Ur all named a mess of Delmar people but what about Delmar's Demeris Cannon, Khate, or ever B Owens there all awesome

By Raider on Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 02:25 pm:

everybody knows that john parker from woodbridge will get all conference cause of his daddy is the coach

By Football Fan on Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 12:39 am:

Delmar's whole football team is awesome! Delmar & SC should have the most players on the All Conference team. Both teams' players deserve the recognition. Good Luck Delmar, SC & Laurel in the state tournament! Hopefully, we will have 2 State Champions from Sussex County and lower Delaware!

By dhs on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 10:49 am:

mike johnson second team end
austin mcclain honorable mention

By Delmarparent on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 11:04 am:

I cannot believe that Demeris Cannon was not chosen for all conference at all this year. What a terrible shame. Sitting in the stands at Delmar we have heard several comments about how Demeris was one of the most underplayed players on the team and what a shame that his talents weren't used to the fullest. I understand that the coaches all over the state make the choices of who the players chosen are and I must say someone really screwed up. I hope that our Delmar football players will stand up and give Demeris the recognition he deserves.

By Sportsfreak88 on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 06:37 pm:

I don't know what you are talking about so I can't comment on Demeris Cannon, but I do know that the coaches have to put the players up if they are going to be voted on. Alot of times it depends on who the coach wants to get it more. This is why they have Honorable Mention. It is my understanding that honorable mention is a coaches pick. Every coach gets to make one of his players honorable mention. Sounds like Cannon could have been this pick since no one votes for it. Unfortunately in sports, particularly at a school like Delmar that has such good sports, some kids take a back seat. Keep your head up.

By football on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 06:41 pm:

man, i still cant find a list of allstate and all conference...where is it?

By Sportsfreak88 on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 07:35 pm:

All-conference was picked Monday but not released yet. All-State not picked yet and Blue Gold will be voted on in Dec I believe.

By shoreman on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 02:49 pm:

Cannon, stewart and Downs had over14 interceptions this year. Cannon had five alone. problem is no body gonna give Delmar that much props. Cannon also averaged 21+ yards on each catch. I think it reflects on the fact that people want others to see more than Delamr in the Conference. Some times kids who suffer the most are on the winningest teams. Except Newark, CR and Dover for All State selections.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: