HOW ABOUT SOME DELMAR?!?!

Sussex County Online User Forums: Henlopen Conference Sports Forum: HOW ABOUT SOME DELMAR?!?!
By Dtownhottie7 on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 12:27 pm:

A special congrats out to them delmar wildcats! The field hockey team, has to play in states saturday, football is undefeated, and soccer is in the final four!! The delmar athletics is outstanding..keep up the good work everyone, and for any cheerleaders out there, the delmar varsity cheerleaders will have it this year at competition soo watch out!! good luck fh, soccer, and football players!!

By cheer04 on Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 08:39 am:

Good Luck everybody!!!!!

Soccer team- KICK some butt today and take the championship home!!!!!

Field Hockey- We Know you can HIT it out of the field!!!!!!!

Football- Throw all of your talent into it!!!!

You guys are awesome!!!! You've made us proud!!!

Cheerleaders are the best!!!!!!! :)

By dhs on Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 01:11 pm:

Delmar is beasten! good job FH...Soccer... and FOOTBALL!!

By Sportsfreak88 on Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 09:07 pm:

Just want to give Delmar fans some food for thought. The cycle in athletics usually goes full circle. In the 70's, 80's and probably most of the 90's teams would schedule Delmar for homecoming etc because it was a guaranteed win. (Ask your forefathers)!! I am not taking anything away from your recent success, but remember, what goes around comes around!!!
Good Luck and bring home another Championship!!

By Wildcatz2 on Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 07:48 am:

No one expects Delmar to continue winning as they have been, to do so would put undue presuure on the fine athletes of our school. But please let us enjoy it while it lasts. All of our Championship teams (and they are Champs in our eyes whether they win or lose) have worked hard to succeed and to attibute that to a "cycle" is really downright unfair. My, you really are a troublemaker aren't you?

By Catfan5 on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 07:14 pm:

congrats to the field hockey team! you guys had an awesome season!

good luck to the soccer boys! all of delmar is behind you guys as you go to the finals!

and ESPECIALLY a good luck to the Delmar WILDCAT football team! we can't wait for the championship game again!

By Reese on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 10:38 am:

REESE GOT 2 POINTS!!!!!

By Brian on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 10:23 pm:

Good job on your 2 points reese lets see 4 points during the playoff game

By Dhsmom7 on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 01:50 pm:

This is specifically for Sportsfreak88 - You are absolutely right about the 70's, 80's and some of the 90's. I was involved with most of those teams either by way of attending DHS or having realtives playing on those teams. Those of us who were involved with those teams have truly enjoyed the seasons we have had of late. When our reign ends we will always have these years to remember. However, I wish you would quit reminding us that the end might come sooner than we think. We still have some truly fine athletes waiting in the wings to attempt to take us to another winning season and they don't need somebody putting them down before they even have a chance. Now I have said my piece and I will be quiet accept to say GO CATS - AIM HIGH, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND FIGHT HARD FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN - AND DON'T LET ANYBODY TELL YOU THAT IT CAN'T BE DONE. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! WIN LOSE OR DRAWS

By Sportsfreak88 on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 03:34 pm:

DHSmom7......... Like I'm suppose to feel sorry for saying your team probably won't be as good next year when this awesome group of seniors leave. Heaven forbid someone say anything about Delmar!!!! No doubt you have some fine athletes waiting. The Downes kid is probably the best DB in the State... but the group of kids that have won 2 maybe 3 Championships only come along once in a while. You have had a great run.... but those runs do end. Don't burn any bridges while you enjoy these years!!!!

By Dhsmom7 on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 08:22 am:

sportsfreak88 - All I was saying is give the kids a chance before you start making statements about their quality of play. This really has nothing to do with Delmar, I get really aggravated when kids are not even given a chance to prove themselves and I would feel this way no matter where I was from!!!!!

By Sportsfreak88 on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 08:47 am:

Obviously, Your child is one who you feel wasn't given a chance this year. They will have all next year to prove themselves!!!!

By Dhsmom7 on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 08:55 am:

Sorry to disappoint you sportsfreak88 my child has been given a chance this year, but you see all those kids on that team are my children. (figuratively speaking that is)

By Sportsfreak88 on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 10:54 am:

No disappointment here. Good luck next year. You'll need it!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: