What's the difference?

Sussex County Online User Forums: Henlopen Conference Sports Forum: What's the difference?
By Catfan5 on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 07:25 pm:

I personally don't understand how people can bash on Delmar for "running up" scores on teams but when maybe...Laurel beats Seaford 62-0 was it? and no body said a word?

By Sportsfreak88 on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 08:30 pm:

I said a word!! I think the big reason was to get Hartstein All-conference over Ellis of Delmar. They threw 5 touchdowns against Seafords JV. And yes Harstein is a very good quarterback, but so is Ellis.

By Football Fan on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 08:47 pm:

The Laurel-Seaford game could have been alot worse than 62-0 but our coach chose not to run up the score. Laurel can't help what happened to Seaford's team and not score on them. Our starters didn't play most of the second half. We have two more games to play so we don't give up scoring just because Seaford is young and inexperienced! Our team has been through a rough time and it is going to take a long time for them and everyone else to get over it.Leave Laurel out of it and let them enjoy their victory after what they have been through!

By Bulldog Fans on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 08:55 pm:

Ok, what would Delmar do against Seaford's JV roll over and die and give up the game? Yea right! All Conference was the last thing on our teams' mind. Andy Hartstein still has another year! Jonathan Ellis is an awesome quarterback! Andy has thrown alot of passes all year if you had been to the games. They wanted to win the game for Brock. Andy lost his best friend and could care less about All Conference!If you don't know what you are talking about then don't talk!

By Catfan5 on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 10:00 pm:

I wasn't trying to attack the Laurel football team, i was using that game as an example. A lot of teams who are obviously domninant over the other run up high scores, however Delmar is usually the only one singled out for it.

By Dada on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 09:13 am:

it's a rivalry game and they didn't play in it last time and they remember that they are trying to get an at large bid for the tournament so points might help them and seaford has blown them out in the past

By Bulldog Lover on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 02:40 pm:

I don't know why everyone is fussing about Laurel running up the score on Seaford when Seaford ran the score up on Laurel in the past like 82-0.It is not Laurel's fault what happened with the players from Seaford. Laurel was playing for a lot they were not only playing to get in the state tournament but most of all for Brock! As far as All Conference Andy and John Ellis should both make all conference. I didn't realize throwing so many passes a game determines who makes all conference and who doesn't. I think if you ask Andy and John they both could careless about who's throwing more touch down passes than the other one. There more team players and not for themselves!

By Brandon K on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 08:23 pm:

Seaford sports is falling down hill but when 2001 class was there what happened to Laurel? Baseball we hurt em, believe seaford will be back exspecialy when we get rid of that garbage coach in football! Come o hes from Laurel!

By Congratulations on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 09:48 pm:

I don't think anyone has a right to complain about either of Seafords or Laurels football teams. Both teams have gone through pretty hard times this season, even more so for Laurel. What happened to the Seaford teams players wasn't the coaches fault, it was the players themselves. So, everyone thats blaming Coach Larrimore for it needs to stop. If you all want to blame anybody blame the team mates that walked out. I've heard both sides of the story and I back Larrimore for what he did, as well do many of the students at Seaford whether or not they play sports. Larrimore maybe from Laurel but what's the big deal? I think he wanted to win the game for Seaford just as bad as Laurel wanted too. As a matter of fact I know he did. The game is over and Laurel deserved to win that game, not only for Brock but also because the definitely had the team for it. They had an awesome team this year and who cares if the score was 62-0, Seaford has definitely put a hurting on Laurel before in the past, it just wasn't Seaford's year! Congatulations to Laurel and I wish them best of luck during the playoff's. I know for a fact that you'll have large portion of Seaford supporting you all.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: