Downes at Delmar

Sussex County Online User Forums: Henlopen Conference Sports Forum: Downes at Delmar
By DTown Fan on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 06:24 pm:

I'm a Delmar fan and I have to say Tyler comming to Delmar this year was huge. He has brought a lot of fire to our defense. I would say he has to be one of the best db's in the state. He can stay with and cover anyone he is up against and not only that he has great hands which allows him to pick alot of passes off. I would also say he is probably one of the best punt returners in the state. The best part is he still has one more season with us!

By Eddie and Michelle Downes on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 05:55 am:

This is Tyler's Mom and Dad and we are very proud of Tyler. We would also like to thank all the kids, adults, and teachers who have made Tyler and us feel welcome at Delmar. #1 fan.

By shoreman on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 01:45 pm:

Tyler has made Delmar's Debacks the Best set in the state. Vince, Demarius and He have over 15 interceptions this year

By Dhsmom7 on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 01:40 pm:

This is Jason's Mom and I would just like to say to Eddie and Michelle that not only is Tyler an excellent athlete he is also a fine young man. You guys have done a great job.

By Dtownhottie7 on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 08:55 am:

Along with all the DELMAR WILDCATS Tyler is a great athlete...but not just one person makes a team, the whole entire deffense shuts out the teams! delmar is just all around great, yes Tylers been a big help , but our deffense is just unstoppable!! Remember though TYLER DOWNES..your a wildcat!! :-)

By Laurels_Finest on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 09:54 pm:

ALRIGHT TY LEFT, HE REALLY DIDN'T GET THE RECOGNITION THAT HE OUGHT TO GET EVEN THOUGH HIS COACH NOMINATED HIM JUST LIKE COACH PUGH DID LAST YEAR!!! THAT JUST SEEMS KIND OF ODD THAT HE ISN'T WHAT EVERYONE MAKES HIM OUT TO BE.. BUT HEY I AM AIN'T HATING JUST STATIN....

E

By Sportsfreak88 on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 07:40 am:

Downes is one of the best DB's in the State, and will be next year. He was robbed last year. I can't believe that the Pugh guy put him up and he didn't get anything. It's easy for a coach to tell a player that he put him up. That's an easy way out. When in reality, many times the coach never puts the player up. IF a coach really wants a player to get recognition he can give him Honorable mention. Honorable mention is not voted on by other coaches. Each coach gets to pick a player from his team as honorable mention!!!

By Td6 on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 07:38 pm:

if what i'm reading is correct then that year would've been his sophmore year and no coach in their right mind would give honorable mention(senior who didn't make anything) to a sophmore. and if he was put up this year and didn't get anything i have a hard time believing he is one of the best in the state

By Laudawg03 on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 11:57 pm:

tyler may have deserved something his sophmore year. yea he had the stats and he's a great DB but people get screwed throughout the state. not too many coaches want to give a sophmore recognition. not getting all conference is nothing to cry about. And i'm sure Coach Pugh did nominate him. Coach Pugh wouldn't lie as you say sportsfreak88. maybe u should watch what u say about peeps you don't know. S

By Laurels_Finest on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 01:21 pm:

EXCUSES CAUSE HURT FEELINGS

By Jaydawg4 on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 02:03 am:

yo this is josh and im not hatin cause i love tyler i mean hes a good person..i like his family and everything but a sophmore shoudn't get reconized over a senior i mean i got screwed last year i had the 3best stats in the whole state and didn't get honable mention what the heck? but u didn't see my crying about it or anything! tyler is good and i think he can pretty much hang with a lot of people in this state no doubt but who cares about gettin reconized its nothing to cry about... and T-bird u no ur a bulldawg and u can't hide that wait until baseball season when were killing u'll be wishing u still played for us and not against us u'll see!! im doin it for B #8 until then peace out good season tyler

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: