Where's Sussex Central??

Sussex County Online User Forums: Henlopen Conference Sports Forum: Where's Sussex Central??
By Sportsfreak88 on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 03:40 pm:

What happened to Central last night????

By Laurels_Finest on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 03:27 am:

Middleton did what everyone wanted to do but couldn't and that is shut down Jamil Young, which is Central's only prime time player. Middleton's defense stepped up and played ball and they shut down everything.

e

By Sportsfreak88 on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 06:55 am:

Everyone you talk to says the Henlopen North was very weak this year. I guess Central found out first hand!!!

By Dada on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 09:02 am:

they just got beat and now they are upset and want to take out on somebody!

By Theone on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 10:05 am:

Central had a few bad calls that if they went their way they would of had the win. Plus weatherly got hurt and didn't play the whole second half so middletown just stacked the line on us. Jamil couldn't do anything because they had 8 or 9 people on the line because they knew Drew wasn't there.

By Raider1 on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 12:40 pm:

Bad calls? I was at the game, and thought the officiating was pretty good. Middletown just shut them down in every aspect of the game. It didn't help that Central came out flat from the half - it was like they had already given up. Seeing that game made me ask two questions 1)Does Middletown's success this year up in Div I help prove that Div II teams can be just as good, if not better than Div I, and 2)What would Central have been like this year without AJ & Jamil transferring in? If Central thought that was a tough game, they better hang on Friday night against St. Marks because that could get ugly. Does anyone know yet if Drew will play at all in that one?

By Dada on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 01:58 pm:

I hope Drew is o.k. or else Central will have a tough time balancing their offense and could possibly lose to st. marks!

By Sportsfreak88 on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 03:43 pm:

I saw in the paper that Central had a personal foul penalty. (Which was costly) I know Weatherly has had 4-5 called on him this year and in one game the refs told the coach to take him out before he got ejected. Was Weatherly the culprit against Middletown?

By Dodgecitybreezy on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 05:00 pm:

well central may have lost but to me they still did there thing

By Teck on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 09:31 am:

i heard that Drew's ankle is broken son. that could seriously hurt them in their playoff game. And don't forget that Central plays Tech on the 10th in basketball too. WHOA!!!

By Megha717 on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 07:59 pm:

Can't walk on a broken ankle, he's alright, he'll play in both games!!!

By Sportsfreak88 on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 09:51 am:

Well, looks like Central didn't disappoint this year. Same ole story the past few years. Dominate in the Henlopen then choke when they play the big boys in the playoffs. Looks like they were pretenders and not contenders after all. Where was almighty Weatherly??? Seems to my like he needs a little gut check. Was his ankle that bad that he couldn't s--k it up for the playoffs???

By Wildcatz2 on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 01:30 pm:

You know Sportsfreak, you really take the cake. SC played an awesome game, and in my eyes are NOT a disappointment. As far as Weatherly is concerned, you have to remember, he is still a kid. We don't know how bad the sprain was and they were (from reports) waiting for an MRI for clearance for the game. Maybe something came back suspicious, or didn't come back at all. I wouldn't risk a four year college ride on one tourney game either.

By Delmarfan on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 02:36 pm:

I agree with Wildcatz2. Sportsfreak88, you are very negative. Your favorite pass-time seems to be trying to rain on everyone else's parade. Maybe you never had your own? Congratulations, SC on another great season!

By Td6 on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 10:34 pm:

Anyone that misses the potential biggest game of thier life with a sprained ankle DOES need a gut check and doesn't deserve to be called a star. Don't get me wrong but i've seen people play with torn ACLs and not leave the game until they had to crawl off the field. I agree with Sportsfreak88 about Weatherly but i also don't think it's fair to write off Central's stellar season that quick.

By Hoops4life on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 09:58 am:

Is an ankle worth risking a collegiate career? But as a senior in high school you will never get that game back, it will always be in the back of your mind --what if I would have played, even drew at 75-80% would be tough to contain. This is obviously a personal decision though and you have to respect drew for making this decision. good luck

By Td6 on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 06:41 pm:

It must have been a tough decision but all i'm saying is that i've always been taught if it's not broken you play. Especially when it comes to such a significant part of a team. I played against Drew this year and in my opinion at 50% he'd be better then any other reciever i saw all year.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: