Congratulations Delmar!

Sussex County Online User Forums: Henlopen Conference Sports Forum: Congratulations Delmar!
By Delmarfan on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 11:01 pm:

Congratulations to the Delmar Wildcats!!!
Well done!

By Laurels_Finest on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 08:13 am:

congrats on the 3-peat

By Dtownhottie7 on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 01:16 pm:

Congrats, to the boys on their 35th win yesterday! you all played great and deserved it! good luck next year! u guys can do it again! don't let anyone say otherwise!! b/c we all heard what they said last year! you can do it again!!

By Dtownhottie7 on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 01:20 pm:

just wanted to say to all dem haters out der... DELMAR did it agin..so..u know.. SQ.. thank u cheerleaders
#28 holla

By Wildcatz2 on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 07:35 pm:

Hey Sportsfreak,

You suffering from high blood pressure now? That's three straight. Didn't think we could did ya? LOLOLOLOL.

By Sportsfreak88 on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 09:04 pm:

Was never a doubt in my mind that you would win three straight. Congratulations. Did they play the National Anthem before the game? Remember what I said way back, Hearn will resign before next season because he knows the Seniors he is losing only come along once in a lfetime. They were a special group of young men and Hearn is an awesome coach but has nothing left to prove. Now you all can get a life and remember in the grand scheme of things it's only high school football. A sincere Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all!!!

By Td6 on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 08:41 am:

Sportsfreak-
That's the first thing I've ever seen you say that's actually bothered me. "it's only high school football". For some people high school football is their last chance to play sports or maybe they play a different sport for school but high school is the only place that the game is actually pure. Noone get's paid, noone get's bribes to play, everyone on the field is playing for the love of the game.

By D85 on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 12:00 pm:

Td6 AMEN!

By Delmarfan on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 01:19 pm:

Well said Td6!!

By Sportsfreak88 on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 08:22 pm:

That was addressed to the fans TD6 not the players. You are absolutely correct. Hgh School football is pure and that is my point exactly to the adults from Delmar "in the grand scheme of things its only high school football" Not professional sports. Every player from Delmar should feel extremely proud, often the adults are the ones who ruin it for the kids! Peace

By Delmarfan on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 02:45 pm:

Freak_ You write in circles. You should be a politician; when you get called on something you
twist and turn words and try to convince everyone that you meant something different. Sorry if you are offended by the fact that we adults are also proud of our young people, there has been no indication that it has "ruined it" for them.
Can't wait to see who you try to "ruin" it for next year.

By Sportsfreak88 on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 04:24 pm:

Delmarfan,

No I meant "in the grand scheme of things it's only high school football" To break it down into simpler terms for you, this means that when you look at the big picture ie. losing a loved one, kids getting nothing for Christmas, War... "its only high school football" Keep it in perspective! I was trying to provoke some intellectual thinking on your part but obviously I failed miserably.

By D85 on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 06:42 pm:

Gosh Freak your right.WHAT ARE WE THINKING?Supporting them the way we do,cheering them on and letting them know how proud we are of them.They would be better served if we were more like you,criticizing,sarcastic,and constantly telling them of the impending doom of losing their coach and having a horrible season next year.Who is that is trying to ruin it for them again?

By Td6 on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 06:48 pm:

woah everyone lets try to keep it civil there's high school students reading all this and if your trying to set a good example character bashing isn't one i think you'd like to send.

By D85 on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 07:10 pm:

Td6 I only stated the facts ,everything I said I took from posts made if it offended you I am sorry but I'm not responsible for what anyone else says.Just thought I'd put everything in perpective,it seems people forget things they have said.

By Sportsfreak88 on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 07:14 pm:

Td6 is right, I shouldn't character bash but sometimes I get a little carried away. I hope I have given you all something to think about over the winter. I'm done until next football season. I'll see you when the weather warm up! Happy Holidays. Peace

By D85 on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 07:23 pm:

Freak,you just made my Christmas wish come true!

By Sportsfreak88 on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 07:58 pm:

LOL

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: