What players and teams do you think will be the best this year in baseball?

Sussex County Online User Forums: Henlopen Conference Sports Forum: What players and teams do you think will be the best this year in baseball?
By Swtness on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 07:37 pm:

I know its early but i was just wondering what everyones thoughts were on the best team and best players in the conference?

By Cw22 on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 11:37 am:

ryan reed from cape is off the hook

By Sportsfreak88 on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 01:54 pm:

North- Cape and Central with the edge going to Cape with Chunn, Shockley and Kornaman on the mound, they have the best pitching in the conference. Reed is one of the best catchers in the conference.
Central is loaded too with Hernandez, Schlitter, Lewis. Don't count them out. They will miss Murray, and Ricketts.
South- Laurel should be a lock. Lecates, Ennis, Downes and Harstein are all top notch.
IR could make a run. They may have the best middle infield in the conference, and return almost their whole team. If they find pitching watch out.
CR has Saunders coming back and Beau Moore might help.
Delmar has the athletes so you can't count them out either.
Seaford returns Ryan Shockley, Trevor Irvine and Nichols. Can they win with a new coach?

Cape in the North
Laurel in the South.

By Rdubb2 on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 10:17 am:

It should be interesting in the South. Laurel and I.R should both be in the running for the title. It will come down to who wants it more and who shows up to play most of the games. In the North, Cape will run away with the title due to stellar pitching and big bats. Anything can happen in high school baseball though.

By Cw22 on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 10:33 am:

Rdubb2 what school do you go to??

By Cw22 on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 10:36 am:

In my opinion, I think that Cape should win the North with ease becasue of all the talent they have, but last year everyone said the same thing and Central won it. In the South, Laurel returns all their players from last year. IR also returns all their player but two. So it should come down to who has the better pitching staff, and right now the edge goes to Laurel, but we will have to wait till the season has begun.

By Rdubb2 on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 01:43 pm:

Where do u think I'm from?LOL I saw baseball on here and came running.. got a s/n last night and wanted to join u boy's chat. P.S.Got any flectors C.W.

By Rdubb2 on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 04:20 pm:

Merry Christmas to all!

By Cw22 on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 04:55 pm:

I am from Sussex Central, and yes i do sell reflectors for X-mas. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE ON SUSSEXCOUNTYONLINE

By Rdubb2 on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 07:28 pm:

lol... how much are u selling them for? C.W. My friends and I want to buy them. hit me up with the price

By Cw22 on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 09:28 pm:

4 for a dollar...holla

By Reppingir12 on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 03:00 pm:

reed how u doin bud aint talked to u in a while but anyway u guys are gooing to be tuff this year but in the south don't count IR out and by the way for Cape to be good Chase needs to calm down on the mound and his defense better hope they don't make a mistake when he is pitching b/c thats wen he does his worst he likes things to run smoothly not rough b/c then he blows up and scott ure an awesome pitcher but u can't have off games this year were u only last an inning. and reed u and me are going to batle for states this year ure a great catcher good luck this year,

By Dashow on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 06:59 pm:

who is reppingir12? i am chase you don't know me i am the coolest guy on the mound the other two for us get frustrated. its whatever my players know me i come in every tight spot you could think of and get things done.come on now you don't know me

By Reppingir12 on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 08:49 pm:

i know u buddy thats how i know that u get frustrated when ure players don't play good behind u or if the ump isn't given u the calls that u think should be strikes . i didn't say u were a bad pitcher ure an awesome pitcher with a live fastball that can hand cuff u wen ure on but, for u to be on u must fast pitch if a team can slow u down then that hurts u. i've played with and hope to play with u again and chase stick to the outfield third aint cuttin it for u bud.lol

By Reppingir12 on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 08:56 pm:

by the way chase wat was ure punt average? just wandering

By Dashow on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 04:26 pm:

it was 50 or alittle over against st marks but i am not for sure for the year the coach never wanted me to kick a spiral but the last game i did i had one 68 yard punt after the roll.

i am nice at 3rd just not on the all dirt infield

By Ballplaya69 on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 05:44 pm:

Look out for Central in the North too! They have an aweful lot coming back and I think it will be a toss up with Cape!!!

Hernandez
West Twins
Lewis
Wilkins
Schlitter
Pretty good players

By Rdubb2 on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 05:54 pm:

Wheres the love for IR??

By Ballplaya69 on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 08:09 pm:

IR are pretenders. They have no pitching!!!

By Reppingir12 on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 08:40 pm:

get real ballplaya69 sounds like u a central fan and out of the 6 people u named three are good and u can figure them out but and by the way how many of them were first team all conference last year we had three and two second teamers so... it really sounds like were pretenders. but i guess we'll see when the season starts . untill then good luck

By Cw22 on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 01:10 am:

ballplaya69 you are definately a central fan or even a player. dont get me wrong i hope you all do well, but to say IR has no talent returning?? give me a break... IR will compete in the south and may bring home the title, but laurel has a shot too.

P.S. Just remember talk is cheap!!

By Rdubb2 on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 01:36 am:

ballplaya69.. u dont know anything.. cant wait til this year... everyone has a shot in high school baseball

By Pos1number19 on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 01:37 am:

hey all i gotta say is IR will be back in the running for the south this year with a very very tight defense, pitching will be decent with chris white i think pulling everything together this year! whatever you do i would not rule them out because i think they are a very hungry team, and i mean hungry for a title, that makes them very scary, they are almost a sleeper pick but i also cant rule out laurel this year i think brock was a huge lose and will be missed but i also think (as much as i hate to admitt it) lecates will also pull everything back together and be best pitcher in the south)laurel will make a run if IR doesnt stop them! i believe both teams have the talent but any given team can win on any given time so look out) central will be very strong this year also, i just must ask why Schlitter was put at the bottom of the list? him and wilkins and Hernandez will be the team! cape is also a very strong team i think the past years chase has been slowly forming into a very strong pitcher and so has chunn i also believe that they could very much run away with it only if they keep it together ( no head games) just keep it together and make the run!

By Rdubb2 on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 11:09 am:

very well said pos1number19

By Dashow on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 11:18 am:

whos pos1number19 you got some good info but you ca't lae out scott shockley when hes on hes untouchable.

By Dashow on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 11:19 am:

sorry typing error you can't leave out scott shockley when hes on hes untouchable.

By Rdubb2 on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 11:20 am:

IR has pitching... white will step up and do his thing while thomas spencer will take the number two spot and win a lot of games. Klinger will help too. They also have hoop and dupont that can give an inning or two here and there. As for Laurel, they have taken a huge loss with brock who was a great pitcher but lecates wont miss a beat this year and will pitch in all the big games and succeed. I wouldnt count delmar out either, they have sick athletes and if hunt and price pitch, they will upset some teams. Bottom line... South WILL come down to pitching. Most teams in there have the hitters and a decent defense behind them, but its gonna come down to who is gonna throw. Good Luck to all, it's gonna be a fun year for everyone.

By Pos1number19 on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 01:01 pm:

ok i will say scott can also be a scary guy to face, but he cant let everything go if his pitching is being hit. alot of times pitching you think your having your best game every and the other team just is hitting the ball as good but i think when that happens all cape pitchers need to keep calm cool there heads and just keep battling!! including shockley

By Dashow on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 05:21 pm:

who is pos1number19 hes got some pretty good info
but you can't forget about scott shockley when hes on hes untouchable.

By Dashow on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 05:24 pm:

all i know is when i am on the mound if i am getting hit around alot its not really my best game.

By Cw22 on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 06:19 pm:

pos1number19 that is very well said.. the kids from Cape have awesome talent and if they ever put it all together they will be a legitimate force in the state. Lecates will do what he has been doing which is win, but someone else from Laurel must step up and fill the void left by Brock. Central has a few good players and a good pitcher in Hernandez, but they will also need another pitcher. IR will have some pitching but they will need some people to step up there games from last year. Well the season starts in less than two months..so until then everyone has the same record.

By Pos1number19 on Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 08:17 pm:

yea but when your on the mound and your hitting all your spots the curve is dropping off the table and your still getting hit,, thats something that happens and ya need to keep your head up and keep on battling

By Dashow on Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 10:01 pm:

thats never happened to me

By Jaydawg4 on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 01:05 am:

yo was baseball friends!!

this is josh u probably alreay know that though. im not talking any trash this year im just gonna do what i can on the field.. brock was a giant part in our team and still will be heres always gonna be with us... im gonna do what i have to and what he would want me to do to keep al of us together without a doubt count on that! to the people who gave me credit Rdubb2:thanks and goodluc to u this year im not counting u all out and know what has to be done! CW22: thanks for the compliment! POS1number19: i know u didn't like sayin that but i appreciate it thanks and goodluck this year...Dashow well chase u already talking about how that never happens to u?? ever pitcher gets hit even on a good day thats all im saying and goodluck this year... im dedicating this season to my boy B.M.M. #8 its just gonna make me work that much harder and get done what has to be done.... LAUREL BASEBALL #4 to my ir boys lets play ball..

By Rdubb2 on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 06:41 pm:

someone start a new topic

By Pos1number19 on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 11:10 pm:

yea me and you josh deff. never gotta long and always talked trash on here and im goin with you on that and not talking it no more cause my eyes are open to all the talent this year cause im on the sidelines because of grad. nothing ive ever said has been personal just the talk of a rival at ir. but i know without a doubt you will do what needs to be done this year and step it up cause without brock this year you will need to. ive always liked brock and when i found out about what happend was shocked and made me think about how it could of bin me.... this is the 2nd year this has happend to a baseball player last year it was tony sil. this year brock and may they both r.i.p. watching over us this season. all in all i just wanted to say josh no hard feelings and good luck i know you have what it takes to shine this year so good luck to all but my bloode runs green and gold so ill still be prayin for ir to step up, so goodluck to all.

By Cw22 on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 10:19 pm:

where is all the senior baseball players going to college next year???

By Jaydawg4 on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 10:14 pm:

um no problem man none taken and same goes for u its just crrazy how one of my best friends can just leave me like that like nothin!! i loved brock and he watches over all of us and now i gotta live his dream through me so its gonna be me and him on the mound and not jsut me alone.... i pray everynight before i sleep and just wish there was something i could do to bring him back... i will step it up im workin harder then ever now... i really dont no about college right now but goodluck to everyone this year...

By Dada on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 08:48 pm:

laurel in the south and central from the north

By Shonda on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 09:27 pm:

yo whats up this is j roc22, yea just wanted o wish everybody a great season it going to be a good yea for some teams , cape is looking real good, IR is always a tough game so cant count them out , laurel even though they dont have brock on the feild he will be in their heart so, u will have to look out for them and youll know i have to rep my school, SC u will never be able to count them out the have a lot of heart over there , look out for matt he going to explode hittng the ball this year, the west twins there going to be good and mark is going to hld it down on the mound. only weakness i see is the pitching staff, everybody north and south play hard every game u never know who watching

By Laurels_Finest on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 11:05 am:

Baseball....Man, this year is going to be sooo fun! I can't wait to step out on the field, and i know the rest of you can't neither. There is going to be a lot of GREAT teams in the North and South. Laurel, Central, IR, Cape, and a lot more so see you all in March.

E

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: