Blue-Gold roster????

Sussex County Online User Forums: Henlopen Conference Sports Forum: Blue-Gold roster????
By Bball on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 08:16 pm:

Did anyone see the rosters for the blue/gold basketball game? How can Drew Weatherly not be picked? He is one of the best players in the conference...
Explain this to me....

By Ballplaya69 on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 03:52 pm:

Drew Weatherly wasn't picked for this just like he wasn't picked for Blue Gold in football. He is a great athlete but to make these you need to show sportsmanship, have good school record, and have the respect of other coaches in the conference. I hear Weatherly is a very immature person. How could anyone expect a player who has been suspended for at least 3-4 games in basketball to be selected to an all star team. He should feel very lucky he was able to finish the season. He'll have his eyes opened when he goes to Maryland.

By Ballplaya69 on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 03:54 pm:

Bottom Line...........To make an all star team you need to be a good citizen as well as a good athlete.

By Dada on Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 02:46 pm:

where are the rosters located on the web?

By Laurels_Finest on Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 11:24 pm:

delawareonline.com
-under high school sports

By Shorty12004 on Monday, February 24, 2003 - 02:30 pm:

DREW SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN PICKED! But he gonna be alright..... he gone keep his head high regardless...
MARYLAND HERE HE COME!!!!!!!!!

Central All Day.

By Raider1 on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 12:43 pm:

The Blue-Gold football game is about alot more than just a game. I think it's much more important for the participants to be guys who will appreciate the experience and make it special for the kids involved than for them to just be the best graduating athletes. Drew has shown time and again that he may not be ready for such an experience. Not to mention, he didn't even play in one of the biggest games of his career (against St. Marks) so I really have to question his dedication to the sport. He may have had the Central coaches bending over backwards to please him, but the free ride is almost over.

By Ballplaya69 on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 01:06 pm:

Well said Raider1. There are players from several Henlopen teams that didn't make the Blue Gold game because they maybe weren't the best at their position but are good athletes and excellent students and citizens.

By Daghost on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 02:50 pm:

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT I DIDN'T GET PICKED AND DREW DIDN'T EITHER. THAT'S MAD CRAZY, WHY THEY GOTTA HATE ON THE BOY? THIS GLIZZEL FROM THER BRIDGE AND DON'T ACT LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW ME CAUSE I PROBABLY CAME THROUGH YOUR TOWN AND DROPPED 20. HOLLA!! AND GOOD LUCK WEEZY WEE AND ROXX ON YOUR GAME 2NITE.

By Ballplaya69 on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 06:20 pm:

yeah and you'll proly be hangin out on the corner in G'town with weatherly next year after he fails out of Maryland, or gets kicked off!!!

By Key03 on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 10:25 pm:

That comment by Ballplaya69:

"yeah and you'll proly be hangin out on the corner in G'town with weatherly next year after he fails out of Maryland, or gets kicked off!!!"

was not even necessary I know for a fact that "Daghost" aka "glizzel" is not going to be "hanging on the corner in G'town with weatherly next year". Hes a smart boy and has a bright future ahead of him. Glizzel keep ya head up and don't let people like Ballplaya69 bring you down.

Holla
Key

By Dada on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 11:15 am:

why wasn't vince stewart from delmar on the blue gold roster...he played an important role both offense and defense in delmars championships

By Ballplaya69 on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 11:35 am:

Maybe you need to ask Hearn why. He and his staff pick the roster!

By Raider1 on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 12:08 pm:

Unfortunately there were so many great seniors from Delmar this year that somebody had to be left off - I'm sure that decision was tough for Coach Hearn. As if there had been any doubt as to why Drew wasn't picked, his latest suspension certainly shows it was a good decision. He better get it together before Maryland takes that scholarship back!

By Ballplaya69 on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 06:18 pm:

Weatherly once again shows the State why he didn't make any all-star teams. He quit this past football season...... (couldn't play in the biggest game of his career cause he's hurt.) Hasn't made it through a basketball season the past two years. He is an extreme disappointment and should be an embarrassment to Sussex Central. No one should feel sorry for him. He has had break after break, and if he wasn't the athlete heprobably would have been kicked out of school long ago!!!! Shame on him!

By Dabest04 on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 11:40 am:

yeah, drew didn't make it but ya know who did make it. just incase you don't know... brandon mann and rashawn johnson made 1st team all-state and got picked for the blue and gold game. that says it all. don't get me wrong, drew is good but he just wasn't good enough i guess.

i'll holla

By Tellemyumad on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 09:34 am:

Ro is not even a senior.

By Tellemyumad on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 09:34 am:

He can't make blue-gold.

By Dabest04 on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 02:00 pm:

my bad, ro didn't make blue-gold but he is a nominee of athlete of the state. he doing his thing. don't get me wrong, i'm not hating on drew or nothing because he is a excellent guy. i don't know him on the personal tip but just seeing him around, he seems like a kool kat. everybody needs to just leave drew be. let him do what he wants to do, he's a grown a** man. i'll be glad when he goes to maryland and shut everybody up. it's a shame how delaware can't even support their own athletes trying to do something with their life. and if he dosen't make it, i'm sure it's not because he wasn't capable of doing so. all i have to say is good luck drew and everybody else leaving DE to do their thing.

i'll holla
c/o 2004

By Ballplaya69 on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 04:50 pm:

That's where you're wrong Dabest04. Delaware supports it's athletes very well. What people don't support is a kid who had personal foul after personal foul in football.....ok....he's a kid. Then he gets tech after tech in basketball, misses games and hurts the team. Quits baseketball last year and on and on. Not to mention the trouble he has had throughout school. The part that really makes it bad is reading his quotes about how he will take players spots in college, and he isn't about redshirting etc, etc. There are 100 Drew Weatherlys in the college ranks. Just not many from Delaware. Weatherly isn't worthy to hold someones jock strap. He is a kid with enormous talent that thinks his athletic ability will enable him to do as he pleases. It's time for him to grow up and realize that he is not bigger than the sports he plays!

By Dabest04 on Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 03:09 pm:

ballplaya69, i do agree with your statement above. i was just saying that everybody needs to stop casting their opinion on drew and just let him show us in the end what he's capable of doing. yeah he runs his mouth, what talented athlete dosen't? it dosen't matter to me because i gain or loose nothing from drew weatherly.

By rusty on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 03:20 pm:

forget you glizzel,, yo didn;t make it cause your garbage.. and thanks for your sis

By Daghost on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 02:43 pm:

whoever this is posing as Rusty you can't even spell. Get off me and stop with your comments!! Are you illiterate dog?

By Fan on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 09:19 pm:

yo glass u know i didn't write that and whoever did, well what can i say; jelious ones will always envy!
Rus

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: