The Streak

Sussex County Online User Forums: Henlopen Conference Sports Forum: The Streak
By Dtownfan on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 01:01 am:

I would like to say congrats to the Delmar Football team on their amazing 35 game winning streak. Eventhough it did come to an end tonite, it was still an amazing run. We all know (coaches, players, and fans) that this streak had to come to an end sometime. No one wins forever. Delmar is going to field a very young team this year. No matter what any sorry a$$ sportswriter says Delmar fans know that and accept that. If he didn't have his head shoved so far up his a$$ then I think he would realize that too instead of tryin to make everything look negative. If Tyler Downes and Trey Jackson play tonite then that game would have been a whole lot closer and maybe even came out as a Delmar win. Not trying to make excuses but they are two leaders that Delmar needs on the field. Let me say one final thing...no matter what Delmar's record is these fans will be right there for them 100%! I've never seen fans show so much class as I did tonite. The fans gave Delmar a standing ovation after a LOSS! They should how proud they were of them and they should of been proud. Delmar showed a lot of heart tonite. They never game up. Once Trey and Tyler get back and Delmar shows their heart once more...teams better start watching out because the Orange and Blue gonna start running wild on you!!!

By Ballplaya69 on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 08:44 am:

Boo Hoo.......... Good teams win with what they have!!! You are right, the streak did have to come to an end, and that it did..... Not only did it end, but it ended at the hands of Annapolis Maryland! It came with Delmar not scoring a touchdown. Pleeeeease don't come on here with the whoa is me... please don't hurt my feelings... we are a young team rhetoric. I doubt you will find anyone who has sympathy for you or your beloved Wildcats. Tyler Downes and Jackson are very good athletes and I'm sure it hurt not having them, but if those two make that big of difference in winning or losing a game, Delmar is in for a very long season. Let's see that fan support next year if you end this season with a losing record. Yes, Delmar has always supported their team, but when they were the perennial last palce team in the Henlopen, they didn't pack the stands. Oldtimers remember the days!

By Dtownfan on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 11:09 am:

I'm not comming on here trying to complain or try to get people to have sympathy for us. I was just telling our team that no matter how good or bad they are we are going to be right behind them. I know all you people from other schools don't think that but you don't see how much support this town gives the football team on and off the field.

By Stfreak77 on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 05:19 pm:

Sussex Tech is going to make it this year, only lost one true senior starter and have plenty of talent still hanging around

By D85 on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 08:10 pm:

I'd like to see your fav team play Annapolis then we would see how quick you were to shoot off your mouth. And I didn't here anyone asking for sympathy.We don't need or want it.

By Ballplaya69 on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 10:11 pm:

Delmar has had an awesome run.... but to come on here and basically ask people on here to feel sorry for them is crazy. I can only assume from the first post that a reporter dared to criticize the almighty Wildcats. Hey..if you can't stand the heat,get out of the kitchen. Delmar fans have been on here for the past 2-3 years telling all of us how great they are, and how great the fans are, and you had the right to brag. However, it's great to see Delmar lose which brings hope for other teams to be in the hunt for the South title.
And by the way... I have always wondered how many of the wonderful student athletes at Delmar have gone on to play football at, or even attend college besides the community colleges that anyone could attend if they play ball. Just curious

By D85 on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 01:36 pm:

Just because we lost a game doesn't mean our team isn't still great and our fans are the best around when it comes to supporting our team, win or lose.That isn't going to change. And if other schools felt there was no hope for them than that's their problem, however if our loss makes them feel good about themselves and their chances than I'm glad to hear it served some good.As far as asking someone to feel sorry for us no one has done that and there is no need .We don't feel sorry for us so why should anyone else.Everybody loses some, that's the way it is. We handle it well, we've had lots of experience at it .You people seem to forget that.

By Dtownfan on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 07:45 pm:

Dustin Johnson probably one of the states best quarterbacks is starting at Salisbury University right now and rumor has it he could easily be starting at the University of Maryland. Also Cody Collins and Trey Jackson will both be attending big name Division 1 colleges next year. So what maybe we haven't had many athletes go to big time colleges. If you are going to put it that way though whats it saying about your team when they get beat by Delmar. And when you said a reporter must be saying something about Delmar thats why we are getting upset about it well your right. The reporter said we have "rabid" fans which is bull because everyone around here knows that there is no better place to play football on Friday nights except at Delmar!

By Ballplaya69 on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 05:53 pm:

Reading the newpaper,looks like a couple shockers Friday night. Indian River only losses to Sussex Central 16-6. I understand it was 0-0 at half and IR lost in in the 4th quarter. Either Sussex Central is not very good, or Indian River has a nice squad which is it?
Looks like it's official. You can stick a fork in Delmar cause they are done. They were outgained 260 plus yards to like 70. Looks like Lake is the team to beat in the South at 2-0.

By Ballplaya69 on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 09:07 am:

Where are those Delmar fans now????? 0-3!

By Dada on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 12:32 am:

no talent and a tough schedule will make you lose games guess they will have to rebuild

By D85 on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 07:54 pm:

We are still here supporting our team on and off the field.Just like we always have.I know it's hard for you to believe,but it's true.I happen to feel sorry for people like you ,your inability to comprehend a community standing behind and supporting a team even when they are not having a winning season tells me that you didn't have the good fortune to experience anything like that.And that's sad. These boys will get themselves together and they will eventually win some games.But we,the fans will be there cheering them on no matter when or where that happens.

By Delmarfan on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 06:09 pm:

Three non-conference games; a season do not make. Maybe you will be right in the end about the season, but you sure are wrong about the fans and you are also wrong about the caliber of the teams that have so far beaten the cats.I think you are more jealous of Delmar's fan support than of the
three year streak. Inexperience does not mean ''no talent.'' Everybody has to rebuild sooner or later, have your fun, but don't get used to it.

By Delmarfan on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 06:20 pm:

Are you someone's fan or are you just a disapointed former"playa"?

By Dtownfan on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 11:22 pm:

Uh oh the Cats finally got their act together!! After stomping on Anacostia they are ready to start conference play with who else but Laurel. Next friday is gonna be time for some Bulldog butt kicking!!! Watch at fellas the Cats are ready to play!!

By Delmarfan on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 11:02 am:

Way to go, cats!

By Dada on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 09:03 pm:

delmar had their run but now its over, done, finished so continue to support them because thats what you are suppose to do but if they had played good non-conference teams before they would've won the state titles but would have not had the long win streak....AND THAT'S THE TRUTH

By Ballplaya69 on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 08:23 pm:

Also remember, the last couple of games they have had the Jackson kid. Just run away from him and you can't lose!

By Ballplaya69 on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 01:01 pm:

I rest my case!

By D85 on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 06:17 pm:

And I'll say again I feel SORRY FOR people like you.Evidently you are dissatisfied whith your experieriences or nonexperiences and so you hang around and wait for the inevitable and then you want to run your mouth.Face it ...YOUR JEALOUS. And thats alright because you should be.Delmar will have a few rough seasons.Everybody does but they will be back and for the record Delmar has always scheduled tough pre-season games.So don't try and tarnish THE TRUTH just to make your inadequate self feel better.They may not be better than your team this year but they sure have been for the last THREE YEARS and you can't change that .So stop running your mouth and get on with your life who knows maybe your fav team has a chance this year enjoy it WE DID!

By Dada on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 08:22 pm:

If I remember correctly the last time Delmar lost before this season was a blow out against Sussex Central and they refused to play non-conference games against henlopen opponets.

By Delmarfan on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 03:06 pm:

Dada: You did not really mean that only the Henlopen conference have good teams, did you? Why don't you stop harping on Delmar and contribute some positive support, maybe for YOUR team. I for one do not make it a habit to support my team by swiping at other teams, maybe you should try that. Just a heads up so that you won't accuse me of not supporting the team, I for one am tired of this same old conversation, so I am not planning to participate in it anymore,but will continue to support the WILDCATS offline. Good luck Wildcats, we are with you and your coaches, win or loose, and oh, yea, good luck to your team too, Dada; maybe this will be their year.

By D85 on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 07:44 am:

Delmar fan you read my mind. I signed on this morning to post my last message.And although you pretty much said what I was going to I'll say it again. In the Three years that Delmar Ruled This conference and pretty much dominated this forum
I can't really recall any of our fans trash talking other teams for their losses.We support our team with positive comments ,in other words
we do it with class (by raising our team up ,not putting other teams down.)I had hoped maybe
we had taught the other fans how to do the same .After all you teach by example.Maybe they are just unable to display class, oh well.You say you are tired of hearing about Delmar ? Then why do you keep running your mouth about them. Come on take a lesson from us,support your team don't waste your time trying to put down another,It does your team no good,Just makes you look bad.Good luck everyone!

By Ballplaya69 on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 02:39 pm:

I think Dada and D85 should contact ESPN to see if they can replace Rush Limbaugh. Their rhetoric on here almost brought a tear to my eye!

By Dada on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 11:20 pm:

i never put delmar down i said that they are in a rebuliding stage and i had a cousin and friends that played on those championship teams and i supported them and they won the state titles against quality teams but the streak had to sometime so just get over. delmar fans just aren't used to losing it happens and we all know once the young guys on that team mature they will again be one of the best teams in the state!

By Ballplaya69 on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 08:03 am:

My bad Dada, I meant to say D85 and Delmarfan should contact ESPN for a job to replace Rush Limbaugh. Their rhetoric on here almost brought a tear to my eye. Believe this; they may not be posting on here anymore, but they are sure reading this forum!

By Delmarfan on Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 10:12 am:

CONGRATULATIONS INDIAN RIVER!!!!!
KEEP IT IN THE SOUTH!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: