Should there be a slaughter rule??

Sussex County Online User Forums: Henlopen Conference Sports Forum: Should there be a slaughter rule??
By hoping on Sunday, February 18, 2001 - 04:47 pm:

After looking at the way that Woodbridge girls have been getting beat all season, I wonder if there should be a slaughter rule placed in basketball, to protect the self esteem of the other players. I personally think that the rule should be set at 30 in the fourth quarter. If a team is losing by 30 in the fourth quarter, I think that the game should be over.What do you think???

By Vickkk on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 03:00 pm:

I think that there should be a slaughter rule, but the problem is that you have to find an amount of points to make the slaughter for. It is hard to set a point range for basketball, because you neverknow what happens in the game. A team can be losing by a lot of points coming into the fourth quarter, and then come back and win so you have to find a time when you know that it is impossible for a team to win.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: