Congratulation to DelTech Baseball

Sussex County Online User Forums: Henlopen Conference Sports Forum: Congratulation to DelTech Baseball
By Eric Magill on Friday, June 01, 2001 - 07:42 pm:

Even though DelTech isn't a Henlopen Conference team, many of the team's members are former Henlopen stars, and I thought it was appropriate to congratulate them on their 2001 Junior College World Series title. You can post your messages for the Roadrunners here.

By Jonathan Layton on Tuesday, June 05, 2001 - 08:04 am:

Congratulations on a great season!!!!

By glenn phillips jr on Thursday, June 07, 2001 - 10:50 am:

thanks for the support we really do give thanks to everybody. from on of the players. glenn phillips jr( laurel de)

By David A. Willauer on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 12:32 am:

I would like to congratulate Coach Brock, who I met while covering the softball tournament last year at Delaware Tech/Stanton where your softball team was defeated by Mercer in the junior college finals. Before I go on, I would add a little antedote. Coach Brock, I met you last year when your team was defeated by Mercer in the finals of your junior college regional softball final. Boy I was so hungry for a hoagie or a sub, I would to thank you for taking me to the WAWA store after one of the earlier games by riding in your Delaware Tech Owens shuttlevan or as I call it the "Roadrunner" as in the cartoon character Roadrunner but make sure that you give your van a tuneup so it will sound like the sound of the cartoon show. Now on a serious note, I would like take the time out and to congratulate you Coach Brock on an outstanding job that you always do as baseball coach at Delaware Tech Owens to take a group of fine group of ballplayers to give the state of Delaware and the city of Georgetown who put their hearts and efforts in winning the National Junior College Baseball title out in Millington, Tennessee. I have always said to myself and I apologize for not coming down to cover your baseball games a lot due to my busy schedule, but I would like to say in my heart that I am really happy and very supportive of the Delaware Tech Owens squad for their fine performance in the National Junior College Tournament in Millington, Tennessee. I was really surprised when you played Phoenix Community College in 2 of the nip and tuck nailbiting contest by winning 2-0 and 3-1. That took a lot of heart and determination. I saw the Delaware South team last year by winning the Carpenter Cup Baseball Tournament in Philadelphia's Veterans Stadium and looking at some of the players on this Delaware Tech Owens roster, I am proud of the fine 40-5 season that the squad had. Just be thankful that back in the past your team was in another National Junior College World Series title and if you finished in fourth place, be thankful that you did your very best.

It's so good to hear about a lot about of good things about what the state of Delaware has accomplished and what Delaware Tech Owens is thankful for, a fine group of ballplayers coached by Curtis Brock who have a lot of heart, guts and determination, my heart and support goes out to them for a fine season and an outstanding performance for 2001.

I will see you at the celebration.

By Brandon Komorowski on Monday, August 06, 2001 - 11:16 pm:

Congrads to the whole team and to a great coach that deserves it. Glenn-Jr, Brooks T, Balback, and the rest, you all had the bomb squad and I wish good things on all of the Del-Tech baseball team!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: