Internal Problems

Sussex County Online User Forums: Fenwick Island Discussion Forum: Internal Problems
By Anonymous on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 03:59 am:

The Town of Fenwick Island is long overdue for a complete overhaul. Does anyone know that there have been approximately 30 to 40 police officers that have gone through the revolving doors of the FIPD since Dickerson became the Chief of Police in the early 90's? Does anyone know that there have been NO Delaware-trained officers working at FIPD for years? The majority have come from other states, mostly Pennsylvania where people put themselves through police training (referred to as Pennsylvania Act 120). The last Delaware-trained officers left within the first two or three years of Dickerson's position as Chief.
Do people know that Dickerson took the position as Chief after another legal controversy over former Chief Cartwright?
The Town of Fenwick Island has obvious internal problems, primarily with an over-zealous councilman. "Buzz" Henifin should review the Town Charter and related federal and state laws. As an unsworn civilian, he has no legal right to access police department records and files related to criminal or traffic arrests, criminal history, evidence, etc. His access to investigations and general reports is also limited by law. If Fenwick's charter is like most other towns in Delaware, Henifin has no legal right to operation or administration of the FIPD. I would imagine that he's placing himself in jeopardy of facing criminal charges. President Baunchalk is not too far behind Henifin as far as I can tell.
There is more here than what is being told to the media. There are many more facts that have not been told. I would recommend that any current resident or reporter interview former officers of the FIPD. Ask them if they were ever threatened by Chief Dickerson or Major Manning. Ask them if they ever had adverse or illegal documents placed in their personnel files by Dickerson or Manning. Ask them if there have been any cases where a DUI arrest was quashed internally. Ask them if Dickerson and Attorney General Jane Brady are close friends. Ask them if this whole mess is a giant cluster that has snowballed; one that has been caused by two opposing groups that are equally guilty of committing serious violations of federal and state laws.
There is SO much information out there that has not been told; SO much information that the public and media is entitled to learn. Start asking the right questions and ask the right people.

By Past Emplyee on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 06:02 am:

As a past police officer with the Fenwick Island Police department, I can truly say that Manning and Dickerson ruined the careers of many good officers who have gone through the doors of that department. They are both evil back-stabbing scumbags. Once those two are gone. The police department will never again have a large turnover on police officers. It's a shame that the past police officers of Fenwick Island don't sue Dickerson and manning for all the black-balling and false comments they said about the officers who left from there on such bad terms.

By Taxpayer/Businessowner on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 11:25 am:

To Past Employee:
I don't know of any FIPD former members who still live in the area,perhaps with the exception of some obscure character, who is post-menopausal. Your message has the stench of a council stooge plant. If not please identify yourself, and present whatever evidence you may have, otherwise as you must surely know as a former police officer, you are withholding evidence, and possibly obstructing justice.

By Truthfull on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 02:04 pm:

To Taxpayer/Businessowner:
Trust me, you will see me at the Hearing with Dickerson. I will make the long two hour drive to see things through. Council stooge, not likely, they are no better then Dickerson and Manning. They should have put a stop to large turn over of police officers years ago, but they felt that Dickerson and Manning "Walked on Water". The whole town needs a new council and chief of police. Fenwick Island is a great little town. I enjoyed the life at the beach and all the friendly people. Trust me, loose the chief and so called major and counsil and the Town of Fenwick will be a great place again. Hopefully the one's investigating the town will find the pension money that Manning and Dicherson kept for themselves from past officers.
See you at the meeting.

By Chief Dickerson on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 04:50 pm:

To Truthfull:
Although this may be engaging into a battle of wits with an unarmed person, allow me to try. First and foremost upon becoming Chief of Police and reviewing the pension plan in place at that time, it was determined that the individual officers of the department did not own the plan themselves. Therefore, should the Town of Fenwick Island decide to use the money (the officers pension plan money) they could have. The plan was a non-qualified plan. After my review and that of the Philidelphia Pension Planning Corp. a new plan was written by PPPC (a qualified plan) which would be owned by the individual officers not the Town. The Town Council approved this idea. The money that funds the previous and present plan does not receive one cent from the Town of Fenwick Island, the plan is funded from a Delaware Law which collects funds from the insurance industry. These monies are collected by the insurance companies,sent to the State Treasurer, and then divided by all sworn Delaware Law Enforcement officers for any given year. Further, the monies are audited by the State Auditor's Office for compliance. Now having said that, "Mr. Truthfull" you have publicly written that Major Manning and I have kept pension money for ourselves from past officers. I challenge you! Please report your accusation to the Delaware Attorney General, State Auditor's Office and Fenwick Island Town Council. You see, the State Auditor's Office keeps very good track of the pension money through audits. You may check this on line if you wish under the State of Delaware. Further just ask the Town Administrative Office to see the file, they must show it to you under FOIA. "Mr. Truthfull", in closing, a word to the wise or not so wise, as the case may be, a false publication in writing that is injurious to the reputation of another is called "libel". Look forward to learning your idenity at the hearing.

By REALGLAD on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 04:34 pm:

QUIT GRAND STANDING GEORGE. YOU WERE CORRUPT ALONG WITH THE COUNCIL AND YOU GOT WHAT YOU DESERVED. IT'S FUNNY THAT ALL OF THE COPS YOU AND MAJOR MANNING (THAT'S A JOKE TOO) TRIED TO SCREW OVER ARE DOING BETTER THAN YOU OR THE "MAJOR". MAN I GUESS WE WEREN'T SCREW UPS LIKE YOU AND MANNING SAID HUH? HAVE FUN BEING A CIVILIAN BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER BE A COP AGAIN, NOT THAT YOU WERE ONE BEFORE.

By free roll texas hold games on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 01:11 am:

dysentery Micronesia stops productions articulates: Bradbury Burch fillable proper racing free texas hold vegas online Yiddish?plainer,bauble Gomez. illinois texas hold tournaments swayed experts advisable console! texas hold handheld game

By texas hold poker free games on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 05:55 am:

candlesticks Sigmund.prong Cumberland interconnecting Kirk ate minuet? download em free hold texas game Sikhes appreciation buoys genes free texas hold poker software downloads deficiencies fastening free texas hold poker vegas online

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: