8 Months to go!!!

Sussex County Online User Forums: Fenwick Island Discussion Forum: 8 Months to go!!!
By The Rock on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 05:16 pm:

Four members of council are up for reelection this August. We need to vote them all out so that the voices of the people can be heard. So, our focus should be on finding four new faces to assist Ms.Carmean in bringing the government back to the people. Remember the word is four!!!!

By The Snowman on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 03:26 pm:

Thats all fine and dandy that you and others are counting down the days until the other council members come up for re - election... but to bring new people in over whats goin on is stupid.Sure some of the things council did was wrong and a bit unorthodox, but overall they haven't done a real bad job. Sure Ms.Carmean is new to the bunch and from what i have witnessed has done an OK job.
Im not gonna say she has done a great job because she is new and still " wet behind the ears " so to speak. Bringing in new folks will only lead to more screw ups, and when its their time for re - election what are you gonna do? vote them out too?

By xx on Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 08:33 am:

Yes, you idiot, that's how democracy works. If you don't like your representative vote for someone else.

By Taxpayer on Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 09:32 am:

It looks like the Snowman doesn't know a snowjob, when he sees one. You can give me someone wet behind the ears any day, rather then those who are shriveled behind the ears,and could care less what the people think. I'll also take someone who is doing an "OK" job, but doing it in an honest open fashion, rather than in a secretive behind closed doors way, that we have been seeing in this town. If you think getting rid of incumbents is "stupid" because of what is going on, I would humbly suggest, You have no idea of what is going on,and some due diligence on your part is necessary.

By Im A Taxpayer Too on Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 11:00 am:

Bringing in new council members would cause more screw-ups?!?!? At least with new people brings fresh, new ideas and new attitudes. Besides, what do they have to lose... I don't think it can get any worse, but in looking at the past, it probably can.

By Chris Clark on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 12:35 pm:

Fenwick Island needs to look to the future and also reevaluate the policies of the past. The revenue and spending of the town need to be accounted for, to the penny.

There have been mistakes made in the past. Instead of ignoring the problens, they need to be addressed and corrected.

The faces and voices of Council need to be willing to question the policies of the past and plan for a better future. You cannot continue to govern in the same old fashion, it is obviously not working. If this requires change, then so be it.

I would like to see the day when you read in the Wave, "Fenwick Council receives praise from residents and business owners alike for doing such a great job for the PEOPLE."

By Sussex Cop on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 01:29 pm:

Mr. Clark,

Unfortunately those headlines are far, far away ... much like the thoughts and minds of most members of the town council.

In order to address and correct the problems, steps must be taken. Some of those steps have been taken (contacting the state Attorney General's office, contacting the feds, contacting the media, etc.). However, other available courses of action have not been taken, such as forming a class action against the town. Residents and property owners in Fenwick Island should STRONGLY consider obtaing good legal representation and filing civil action against the town, naming specific people.

The state and feds will continue to do their thing and work around the suit.

As for costs of such a venture, the money of residents and property owners has been used improperly by council so far. This money would be put to good use.

By TaxpayerBusinessmsn on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 10:16 am:

No where in any Constitution or other legislative document does it say that the people must pay to have an honest,moral,or representative government!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: