BYE, BYE MADAM PRESIDENT

Sussex County Online User Forums: Fenwick Island Discussion Forum: BYE, BYE MADAM PRESIDENT
By FIR on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 09:24 pm:

Check out the Town of F. I. website under Town Council, paragraph 2:
"Second, the Town Council who represents the citizens of F.I, perform the legislative function in Town government. The Council serves as the executive policy making body by enacting municipal laws or adopting resolutions based on recommendations from the ordinance committee and input from the public. The president serves as the chief executive officer."
Sounds like a business to me. As such, the 'buck stops at the top', as it should. Madam 'Mayor'should explain her excuses at the next meeting (if Haon will let her) and then resign. She's in charge. As C.E.O she's ultimately responsible for this fiasco. Step up and face the public and respond. Put a muzzle on Haon. The questions and responsibilities fall on her. She revels in her position as 'Mayor' in the good times, so let's see how she does in the bad.
Also, by violating the Town charter by not having a yearly audit, perhaps the CEO and other Council members should pay any penalties to the state.
If nothing else, have the decency to resign and let's start fresh. (Council person Carmean is the exception--you have upheld your oath to the citizens of this Town)

By Edie Falco on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 12:58 pm:

Whatever happened to impeachment or a "show of no faith"? Why haven't the residents and citizens of Fenwick Island taken matters into their own hands? Form a class action and hire some real lawyers from out of state!

Wow ... a real idea from outside of Fenwick Island. Imagine that!

By Tony Soprano on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 10:03 am:

Dear Carmella,
Even though our marriage is on the rocks, I will still respond. The real problem is that the Town Charter reads like The Communist Manifesto. It only speaks to the powers that the council has(Did you know that Peg has the power of arrest). Nowhere in the charter is there any redress for the taxpayers(the charter cals us inhabitants)to do anything as far as recall of members for any reason. The council will use this Draconian document to try to cover up there actions and continue their immoral if not felonious behavior.
I still love you baby.
Your Tony Boy

By LONERANGER on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 07:01 pm:

With the power of arrest, maybe Mayor Peg will ride in on her mare (pun) with "guns a'blazin" and put an end to this lawlessness. Saddle that horse at Libby's and let's bring some law to this town council!! Where's Barney Fife when we need him? Oops, probably sitting on council next to Deputy Dawg.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: