LETS HAVE A LITTLE ONLINE STRAWPOLL ON THE COUNCIL

Sussex County Online User Forums: Fenwick Island Discussion Forum: LETS HAVE A LITTLE ONLINE STRAWPOLL ON THE COUNCIL
By TaxpayerBusinessman on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 12:34 pm:

SINCE THIS MESSAGE BOARD HAS BECOME ALMOST AN EXECUTIVE SESSION OF THE PEOPLE(except we speak out in the open instead of behind closed doors), I thought it might be interesting and informative to have a referendum of our own, since we cant get one elsewhere. In order to keep it simple it will be 1 question only, so we don't have to hire a polling consultant as others might.
The question is:
DO YOU SUPPORT THE FENWICK ISLAND TOWN COUNCIL?

TO PARTICIPATE: just go to Add a Message and enter yes or no

You must enter your username and please only one vote per person. Results will be self-revealing.

By TaxpayerBusinessman on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 12:35 pm:

NO

By xxx on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 03:58 pm:

No

By Jim Simpson on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 12:01 pm:

No, except for Ms. Carmean, whom I support.

By TonySoprano on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 12:43 pm:

NO

By mr sunshine on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 05:41 pm:

no

By RICO is more than a name on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 10:01 pm:

No

By Sussex Cop on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 05:05 pm:

No ... except Ms. Carmean. I see the word "Mayor" in her future title.

By R.J. WHITE on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 05:54 pm:

LIKE A KLANSMAN HIDING BEHIND HIS HOOD TAXPAYER-
BUSINESSMAN UNDER THE COVER OF A MISNOMER STATED
THAT UNLIKE THE COUNCIL "WE SPEAK OUT IN THE OPEN
INSTEAD OF BEHIND CLOSED DOORS". I TOO BELEIVE
COUNCIL MEMBERS SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE, BUT I
ALSO BELEIVE THAT THOSE OF US THAT WOULD CHARGE
THEM SHOULD OUR-SELVES COME OUT OF HIDING.

R.J. WHITE
FENWICK ISLAND

By TaxpayerBusinessman on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 12:52 pm:

Dear R.J. White,
Your comment shows me how truly ignorant some of the citizens of this town are. Your understanding of how message boards work it pitiful. People don't use "misnomers" they use screen names, not because they are like Klansman hiding behind a hood,(brilliant analogy), but because of the possible retaliation and wrath that could be used against them and their business, by the people in power in this town. By the way, typing in all upper case means that you are shouting at the person you are addressing. Get a copy of "Internet for Dummies", it would be very apropos. I also see that your personal information is not available. What's Your excuse??

By interneydummy on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 06:21 pm:

Dear Taxpayerbusinessman,
No excuse friend. I am ignorant of how message boards work that was my first try at it. Nor did I realize I was shouting. Sorry about that! As to proving my ignorance you maybe right there since unlike you I do not fear the wrath "of the people in power in this town". What would you suggest I do to protect myself from these evil doers? Sleep with the lights on, and above all never go to the Town Hall alone. I will get a copy of Internet for Dummines if you get a copy of Profiles in Courage. Deal?

By xxx on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 07:48 am:

May I suggest you go back to where ever you moved to Fenwick from. People like you are the problem with the town.

By ilovethis town on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 10:10 am:

To xxx,
Please be more specific. Who should move? People like what are the problem with this town?

By duckfeeder on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 10:46 am:

to taxpayerbusinessman,
what's wrong with standing up and being counted?

By TaxBus. on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 12:00 pm:

I have, both publicly and privately. Funy thing is I just looked in the phone book and other telephony data bases, and found no Duckfeeder Family listed in Fenwick Island. I have both business and personal reasons to keep my private information private, for now.

By xxx on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 02:17 pm:

Duckfeeder? Feeding of the ducks has a harsh fine in Fenwick island.

By TaxBus. on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 03:36 pm:

Can't feed them, but killing them is A-OK. They must defecate on town hall, and VIP autos parked there.

By Kurt C. Hoffman on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 01:25 pm:

Instead of simply complaining on here, write to the Attorney General's office, people, and tell them what you think about the lies, the deceit, the avoidance of mandatory audits, the failure to pay withholding taxes and efforts to keep that failure secret, the series of unlawful executive sessions, the actionable character assassinations of George Dickerson and Bill Manning, the browbeating of Vicki Carmean, the unilateral rule change to thwart a free and open discussion of current issues during the public participation segment of Council meetings, the lack of opportunity for public input on the budget, the micro-management and subsequent unraveling of the Police Department by an unqualified Council member, the dubious conduct and questionable advice of the town attorney....it's an impressive laundry list of misconduct.
Attorney General Jane Brady will only get involved in our dilemma if she hears from an overwhelming number of property owners. Contact her through her deputy, Michael Tupman, at the following address:

W. Michael Tupman, Esq.
Deputy Attorney General
Delaware Department of Justice
102 West Water Street
Dover, DE 19901
FAX: 302-739-7652

We have to get rid of most of these Council members before they drive the town into bankruptcy and cause us to lose our insurance. We already are vulnerable to civil penalites and a number of lawsuits because of their misbehavior. They have to go, people, and it's only going to happen if we make it happen.

One other thought: Your comments here on Sussex County Online will carry more weight if you sign your name.

By free game texas hold em poker on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 09:38 pm:

stoles?garage excellences!confesses Morrissey filmed reproduces!insidious antitoxins miners!features free texas hold em poker strategy meant Saratoga hefty loathing play texas hold em poker online for free passes Stapleton messages!worths free online texas hold em poker

By free version of texas hold on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 12:36 am:

Monty cobra.barges impolite ingest voiced:disclaimed. buy texas hold computer game simpleton commuters. play texas hold avariciously site:waterway transporter?typify, texas hold free stratagy

By texas hold poker game table on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 05:20 am:

Angelina conscience relationship idler veered apex! online free texas hold poker tournaments penny,worthlessness grief:sodium,philosophy free tournaments texas hold poker lawful Linda bounces Lausanne: free texas hold poker to download

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: