Dumpster noise at 6:32 AM

Sussex County Online User Forums: Fenwick Island Discussion Forum: Dumpster noise at 6:32 AM
By Mr Sunshine on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 02:22 pm:

Fenwick Island, the Quiet Resorts??
Why can't the Fenwick Island Town Council do something about early morning noisy trash trucks?????
It seems that Fenwick Island can pass ordinances about other noises. Pile drivers & contractors can not start making noise before 8:00 a.m..
My neighbors and I have asked the council for many years, to do something about the trash trucks that empty dumpsters early in the morning, but so far no action has been taken.
Again this morning Jan 16, my family was awakened at 6:32 a.m. by a trash truck emptying the dumpster at the restaurant next door and the Farm Store.

107-1
Noise DISTURBANCE -- Any sound which endangers or injures the safety or health of humans or animals, or annoys or disturbs a reasonable person of normal sensitivities, or jeopardizes the value of property and erodes the integrity of the environment.

107-5
D.Productive activities; activities for residential use or for the health, safety and welfare of the community. Unavoidable noises created by activities such as repairs, construction, gardening, grass cutting, power cleaning and aerial pesticide spraying are permitted between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., provided that reasonable efforts are made to minimize such noise and the activities do not violate any town ordinances or state or federal laws. Noise disturbances that are not required to carry out these activities, such as excessively loud music or unnecessary loud shouting at a construction site, are also a violation of this chapter. Not to be exempted are activities that would otherwise be considered productive but result in frequent and repeated noise disturbances with no reasonable time line for termination. [Amended 9-27-1996]

Why canât we get these enforced???????

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: