NEW meetings and updates

Sussex County Online User Forums: Fenwick Island Discussion Forum: NEW meetings and updates
By Bill Weistling, jr. on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 09:58 pm:

Here's the latest council special meetings and 1 other:
1. Special meeting set for mon. Jan. 20 at 9:00 a.m.--less than 7 days notice. This notice posted on the town's website and at town hall. Posted on jan.17.
2. Earlier meeting for Jan. 20 at 10:00 a.m.,posted on Jan.13, is still posted at town hall, but not on the website.
So it's unclear whether this meeting will still occur or not.
3. Also on Jan.20--posted at town hall-- is a meeting of the recreation dept. to discuss bidding on the park project. This meeting is at 3:30 and was posted on jan. 13.
4. A special meeting of Town Council is scheduled for Jan. 24 at 9:00 a.m. This was posted on Jan.17.
So at least 2 special meetings this week, and maybe 3, with a recreation meeting also scheduled.
If possible, please try to attend.

By Elsie Weistling on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 01:04 am:

S P E C I A L M E E T I N G
FENWICK ISLAND TOWN COUNCIL
TOWN HALL JANUARY 20, 2003
9:00 AM
A G E N D A
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. SPECIAL MEETING OF THE ADMINISTRATION SECTION
TO DISCUSS PERSONNEL ISSUES.
3. CONSIDERATION OF POSSIBLE ACTION FOLLOWING
SPECIAL MEETING.
4. ADJOURN

THIS MEETING IS BEING HELD WITH LESS THAN 7 DAYS NOTICE BECAUSE OF AVAILABILITY OF PERSONNEL AND THE NEED TO MEET PRIOR TO COUNCIL MEETING.

THIS AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO INCLUDE THE
DELETION OF ITEMS, AND THE ADDITION OF ITEMS
THAT ARISE AT THE TIME OF THE MEETING.

POSTED: 1/17/03
I repeat the sections of the agenda below for emphasis because I have been pondering about its meaning.

You have to love it ..."because of the availability of Personnel"...if that means employees, that's time and a half for showing up for work on their holiday. Ch-Ching! Ch-Ching!
If it is Personnel meaning Council Members, read on...
2. SPECIAL MEETING OF THE ADMINISTRATION SECTION
THIS MEETING IS BEING HELD WITH LESS THAN 7 DAYS NOTICE BECAUSE OF AVAILABILITY OF PERSONNEL AND THE NEED TO MEET PRIOR TO COUNCIL MEETING.

My perception on this is that this is an announcement about just some parts of the Town Council ("the administration section" whatever that means!), possibly even a quorum (otherwise, why post?), having a meeting before the Council Meeting. "Council Meeting" is vague enough to be interpreted as "special meeting" or "executive session" or even the regular monthly meeting! My guess is the 10 a.m. Council meeting of the same day.

So, it is clear that Mr. Fredericks will be invited to this meeting. He is the CouncilPerson of Administration after all! But who else is part of the Administration Section? There has rarely if ever been such a designation in the past. I don't see the Administration Section members designated on any committee lists posted publicly, past or present. Council members know it would not appear legal that they meet with a quorum yet exclude other Council Members before the 10 a.m. meeting Jan 20, 2003.... no matter how they posted it. And if Tempe happens to show, why wouldn't it be Council business? Soooo Whaaaaasssuupppp?

PS to Taxpayer/Businessman and his referendum out in the open. Your referendum will be open when your names signed are your real names, not your SCO pen names.

By RICO is more than a name on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 08:39 am:

It looks like a simple attempt to legitimize the illegitimate conduct engaged in previously when they kept other counsel members in the dark over the audit bombshell that 4 years of 940 taxes have never been paid. The investigating authorities look not to the form but to the substance on matters like this and these people are not going to fool the federal or state authorities. If they are doing what it looks like they are trying to do, they are just digging themselves an even deeper hole.

By Elsie Weistling on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 09:59 am:

9:00 meeting...It seems this Administrative Section meeting meant the Administrative Department. Per those who were there at 9 am, Peter and Peg and Helen were going to meet.
Must admit that it is unusual for them to post such a notice for such a meeting, so couldn't help my radar. Am really glad that is the way it was!

By TaxpayerBusinessman on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 11:06 am:

Act of Contrition, they probably are going to take back the $2000 bonus,but whats really happening is they are desperately looking for a scapegoat. Whoever does the payroll, should also be making withholding payments both federal and state.I am assuming that federal witholding and FICA,Social Security, must have been paid,(unless we have another surprise coming), so why wasn't the state with holding paid? Was the $25,000 paid to Ms. Henrahan when she retired hush money? One could assume almost anything, because when asked about the $25,000,they answered It's nobodys business. Desperation is setting in. Every lie digs the hole a little deeper.

By TaxpayerBusinessman on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 12:30 pm:

To Elsie
With all due respect, annonimity is very important when your business can face retaliation from this council via their code enforcement policies. I never put anything beyond desperate people when they think and in the case of businesses,they have power over you that they have used in the past, and will use in whatever future this council has left. By the way my identity is really no secret,just ask around.

By Mr. Sunshine on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 02:41 pm:

I went to town hall Monday Jan. 20 at 9 AM and found the doors locked. I knocked, however no one answered.
The following cars were in the parking lot.
P/c 110286
1-534
P/c 38218
262BD Maryland
ETW552 Pennsylvania

I tried to get in the 10 AM meeting. Again; the doors were locked and no one would answer when I knocked. I tried calling on the telephone and no one answered.
Is this goverment in the sunshine? If it was not a holiday, I would have called the Attorney General; Jane Brady to report this secret meeting.
Both of these meetings were posted on the bulletin board in front of Town Hall, and it didn't say anything about the meeting not being open to the public.
We must do something about this council before it bankrups the town and the residents. We must know whats happening in and to our town.

By Barbara A. Hanrahan, CMC, Retired on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 09:30 pm:

To TaxpayerBusinessman
I am writting this to you first, to correct the spelling of my name - it is Mrs. Hanrahan (HANRAHAN). Secondly, you should be certain of your facts before you slander me personally. Rest assured you will not remain anonymous forever.

By TaxpayerBusinessman on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 09:49 am:

Mrs. Hanrahan,
A question does not constitute a fact. Questions like this are being asked all over town,because of all the secrecy involved in these issues.Would you care to share if you were given this money,and if so why? By the way, I see you as a victim of this sordid mess. All that needs to be done to clear up this entire matter, is for the taxpayers to be told the truth.

By Chris Clark on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 06:27 pm:

The money that was given to Barbara Hanrahan was to compensate her for accumulated unused vacation pay and sick days.

The employees, both current and former are great. The only problem that they have to deal with is the town council, both current and previous.

The town needs to explore hiring a temporary town manager/planner for 2-3 years. This person would have the responsibility of getting this town on the correct course. This person would also have the responsibility of listening to what the PEOPLE want and integrating these desires into a long term plan.

Long term planning means looking at what we would like this town to look like 100 years from now. We would then have different aspects of the plan that would be reevaluated every 5, 10 or twenty years; for minor adjustments and updates.

The county should consider this type of planning for land use (5 year plans do not look far enough into the future)

By A Friend of Barbs on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 10:48 pm:

As a past employee of the fenwick police department, I can truly say that Barbra Hanrahan
was,still and always will be a super great lady. She was someone you could always talk to. She knows what really went on in the police department. She often used to tell me that after she retired, that she would write a book. "Barb, if you are reading this", I hope you write your book !!!. A Tell All !!.
An old friend. : )

By Barbara Hanrahan on Monday, February 03, 2003 - 02:03 pm:

To an old friend, Thank you, it means more than you will ever know.

By play texasholdem for free without downloading on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 07:16 am:

walling apropos faultlessly?contour Trianon clarified Egypt beheld extant free tournaments texasholdem Chicana barter,bloodstream breakfasting? free texasholdem strategy guide projectively duly free virtual texasholdem

By free texas holdem poker porker on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 01:34 pm:

radiating Cypriot bowdlerizing restraint. wedded?numbing redistribute Helmut peers free non downloadable texas holdem poker games contexts microsystems emphasized play free texas holdem poker memoryless:retracted inspections Oxonian Rorschach calculating odds for texas holdem poker poker

By texas holdem poker online free on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 01:36 pm:

Paulinizes Chinaman.encrypting Billikens supervisor cheapness play texas holdem poker 4 free Huey fount, play texas holdem poker for fun beacons photocopiers blister?thoroughfares free texas holdem poker poker

By play 4 fun free texas hold em poker on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 09:31 pm:

hamburgers enrich,overhaul Banach bloodstains! busted pebbles screaming:dungeons impression how do you play texas hold em poker Hoffman,vastly Hecate!hairy.trafficking free download online texas hold em poker Leone seldom thirteen peeked? free no limit texas hold em poker

By texas hold poker free ments on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 05:11 am:

infusion spasm,wick abstractionist salons intense.nevertheless,breakwaters! free texas hold poker porker play Bessemer eighth about beneficent game texas hold poker computer eschews,referred barbarism passiveness.carryover. texas hold poker free play no download

By texas hold poker play free on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 05:12 am:

vials,pacific goodies ions France Seaquarium. bizarre?premeditated adorned studious safely texas hold poker free and for fun apprehensive singleton bellhops!Nineveh!warm. no limit free texas hold poker tournaments implicit Poole.inverting unlinks burned texas hold poker poker strategy

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: