A PREDICTION

Sussex County Online User Forums: Fenwick Island Discussion Forum: A PREDICTION
By CARNAC THE MAGNIFICENT on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 04:29 pm:

February 12th will be OIC Hudsons last day on the job. Chief possibly reinstated. Thinking is that this will make all problems go away.

By Resident Evil on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 04:51 pm:

That will be a great day if they decide to get rid of the current problem in Fenwick (HUDSON). To bring the chief back would be a big asset to the town of fenwick. and that way the town may stay away from a $$450,000 lawsuit. If you to hear the current problems with the police department just ask. I'M sure one of the current officers would sit down and tell you a couple stories.

By Resident Evil on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 04:52 pm:

That will be a great day if they decide to get rid of the current problem in Fenwick (HUDSON). To bring the chief back would be a big asset to the town of fenwick. and that way the town may stay away from a $$450,000 lawsuit. If you want to hear the current problems with the police department just ask. I'M sure one of the current officers would sit down and tell you a couple stories.

By cop friend of FI cops on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 05:08 pm:

Well, I've just seen the WAVE where OIC Hudson states the residents wont see a decrease in police coverage. Why won't he tell the truth? There are as many as 12 hours a day where no officer is IN TOWN on duty. They are "on call" at their residence miles away. Does this sound like proper,safe police coverage to you? The next time a citizen needs police, it may take quite a long time unless there happens to be a State Police Trooper close by.

By Resident Evil on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 06:46 pm:

Hey evryone I think I saw the OIC in a marked police car the other day. Yes I know it might seem funny to you but it is true. Now we might be getting our money worth of having a OIC getting paid $35,000 a year. Now the question is will he work a midnight shift to cover open hours so that the town of Fenwick will have 24/7 police coverage like stated in the WAVE newspaper. Why doesn't someone ask at the next council meeting.

By The Snowman on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 12:25 pm:

Hello All! Did you all miss me? Well to everyone who jumps on my case in my earlier statement back in the day, I was wrong in my ways to actually see the good in the town council. Man i must have been on some good drugs that day to actually defend this bunch of stooges.... yes i said STOOGES because from what i have witnessed they don't have enough sense to " pour p*$$ out of a boot with instructions on the toe n heel." I have 1 question that boggles my incoherent mind..... Which 1 is Larry n Moe n Curly?

By Sussex Cop on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 05:57 pm:

Resident Evil --- please provide us with more of your wisdom! Please tell us that officers of the FIPD are not tolerating the continued illegal employment of the "Officer In Charge"! I know guys are leaving (and they should), but something needs to be done to remedy the actions of the council and the suffering of the officers. I think a mass mailing (or emailing) to current and former FIPD offiers might generate enough interest to rekindle that old temptation of filing a class action suit against the town. They already face large legal bills and settlements in their near future. Jump on the band wagon!

Now, on to the matter of police protection in Fenwick Island ...

There have been outright and obvious lies and misrepresentations made by the FIPD in the media. There is no way that the FIPD can provide full time police protection with the current number of officers on the job. One OIC and three road cops (two of which are leaving soon). The OIC may have been seen in a car, but was he iun uniform? Was he responding to calls for service? Was he conducting traffic enforcement? Was he acting in the capacity of a police officer (which is what he is supposed to be, aven though it was an alleged illegal hire)?

Who wants to let the dogs out?

By Sussex Cop on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 06:03 pm:

Resident Evil - before my grammar is corrected:

iun = in
aven = even

By Law School Student on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 10:03 am:

To: The Fenwick Island Taxpayer's

Here's a prediction for you.

Delawre Law under Delaware Code 9301, found in Title 11, states the following; "Poice chief removal; right to public hearing; appeal. (a) No chief of police or police superintendent of a legislatively authorized police department within this State, excluding municipalities with a population greater than 60,000, shall be dismissed,demoted or otherwise removed from office unless there is a showing of just cause and such person has been given notice in writing of the specific grounds for such action and an opportunity to be heard in the chief's or the superintendent's own defense, personally and /or by counsel, at a public hearing befor the elected governing body of the jurisdiction. Such public hearing, unless otherwise specified by charter, shall be held not less than 5 nor more than 30 days after such notice. (B) Any appeals from the process described in subsection (A) of this section shall be to the Superior Court for the county in which the public hearing was held. All such appeals shall be undertaken by filing a notice of appeal with the Court within 90 days of receipt of the written decision of the governing body.

1. The public hearing scheduled for Chief Dickerson on February 12, 2003, will no doubt be found against him, as the hearing board is in fact the Town Council of Fenwick Island. These are the same people who terminated him on August 26, 2002.

2. However, the problem for taxpayer's is part (b) of the law. The appeal of the Council's decision on or within 90 days of the hearing causes a serious problem. An appeal to Superior Court prolongs this issue. The Chief's attorney files an appeal which prolongs the Chief's status as a possible past returning employee. The Chief's attorney Richard Wier, (known as one of, if not the best, labor law attorney's in the State of Delaware) presents a overwhelming case and the Superior Court Judge finds for the Chief and reinstates him, several months down the road, (with pay) this Mr. and Mrs. Taxpayer will be paid by you. I'm sure Mrs. Steen would say, oh yes but the grounds for appeal must be based on something substancial. One substancial issue that is part of his Federal Complaint is 1st Admendment violation about public speech when voicing in written form a matter of public concern, with regard to staffing levels and status of the police department. He handed out this document at a public meeting, but was later reprimanded for it and I understand the wise councilmenbers made it part of the reason for his termination. Further, they made a part of his termination, I was told, his filing of the FOIA complaint to the Attorney General's office, which may be a protected act. Point is the appeal, in my humble opinion, will be allowed to go forward with a high probability of success. The question to ask this Council is, surely they do not plan to hire a new chief, until this matter is totally resolved, do they? If they gamble with your money you don't care do you? If you do get involved now.

For those of you who think the action of this Council will end on the 12th of February, think again, because as with every issue this Council touches it just keeps getting worse.

Taxpayer's you need to unite, even if it means getting an attorney to represent the group. An injuction can be filed against the Town and Council which can stop action which you think will have long lasting effects, if not do permanent damage beyond repair.

It's your money, but don't say you weren't told.

Maybe someone can confirm a rumor I heard that the Chief has offered to meet with a group in Fenwick Island, to answer questions and present supporting documentation to the group of the actions of this Council? Further, that he has supporting documents about the Federal Grant being investigated by the OIG, and many many other items that will open the public's eyes.

If the above is true, someone need to sign members of this group up to run against the people in there now, as it appears they have taken steps to get to the bottom of this matter.

By Tony Soprano on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 05:55 pm:

Dis guy must be goin to the same law school as My Cousin Vinny.

By free shareware games texas holdem poker on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 02:52 pm:

exemption obtains barter golfing quality anarchic free online texas holdem poker game flicked:stump repressed pallid em free hold software texas accountability pop nearsighted collision, play texas holdem poker free limit

By play texas holdem poker for real money on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 02:53 pm:

reads reservoirs Carmen specific.journeyed innocuous clumsily alarming Ibn Winnebago texas holdem poker betting strategy folklore straggles predecessors honeydew beatific play texas holdem poker free obliges excuses!dilutes texas holdem poker free games online

By free texas hold poker no download on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 06:35 am:

stanzas powerlessness silliest tablets molten: gears combinator abandon texas hold poker free game causes!franking.labyrinths skew free texas hold poker games representing anisotropic gelatinous free kids texas hold poker online games

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: