An open letter to the residents of Fenwick

Sussex County Online User Forums: Fenwick Island Discussion Forum: An open letter to the residents of Fenwick
By Officer Brennan of FIPD on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 09:31 pm:

This message is to tell the public the truth about my memo of 1/26/03 to the Town Council. I was not able to attend this evening's town meeting, and I was told that a question was asked about my memo. The answer given to the public by Councilman Henifin was that "two different stories from the officer were given to two different councilman". This is simply not the truth. Two councilman called me at my home and they were both told the same thing, The same exact information that's in black and white in my memo. My memo basically warned the Town Council that O.I.C. Hudson has been making derogatory and negative comments about me to other Police agencies. This is to sabotage my attempt to leave the Fenwick Police Department. The memo warned that if Hudson continued and/or harrassed me in any way, that I would have no choice but to start litigation against the Town. I informed the Councilmen when they spoke to me by phone that I am seriously considering a lawsuit against Hudson (this would also involve the town because he is the head of the Police Department). I have spoken to an attorney recently, and I am exploring a way to go after Hudson alone because I don't want the citizens to ultimately have to pay for his wrongdoing. To show the people the truth, I have given copies of my memo to Wave reporter Roxann Moore, and online reporter Kerin Magill.

By An Interested Party on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 09:31 am:

Officer Brennan,

I want to commend you on your honesty and forthrightness in the statement which you made. It seems just another case of Councilpersons putting a "spin" on the truth. My observations, knowing a lot of the people involved, are that members of FIPD such as yourself, Sgt. Bruette, Major Manning, Sherry Jordan, and Chief Dickerson, have become "victims" of a Council which does not want to take responsibility for their actions and only wants to transfer blame to others. My statement in reference to Council excludes Vickie Carmean whom I truly believe has tried to make a difference.

As Police Officers, you are expected to enforce the law, maintain your honesty, integrity, and ethics. Others have much to learn from you. You, Sgt. Bruette, Major Manning, Sherry Jordan, and Chief Dickerson have been hurt by Council for your stand to maintain you honesty, integrity, and ethics, which as a sworn officer is of the highest importance. I salute each of you. Your honesty, integrity, and ethics are something that no one can take away from you! I don't know the exact oath taken by councilpersons, but I feel it includes these items. It appears that coucil person Vickie Carmean is the only one to take the oath of office seriously.

There is one thing I would like to know. Do all councilpersons truly know the facts, or are they taking actions based on the "spin" and voice of certain other councilpersons? For all appearances, it does not appear that honesty, integrity, and ethics mean much to certain councilpersons. A very sad fact!

Once again I salute Officer Brennan, Sgt. Bruette, Major Manning, Sherry Jordan, and Chief Dickerson for maintaining their honesty, integrity, and ethics during this difficult time. Your voices have brought many things to public view. You are to be commended, not hurt.

By Jack Childers on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 10:20 am:

The town of Fenwick spent over $400,00 per year on the police department, and I donât know what the expenses are, liability insurance, health insurance, office space, police cars police, pension expense, police secretary and other cost , such as repairs to police cars & uniforms. I would expect that after we add everything in the cost would be well over 1/2 million dollars. Fenwick has never been able to give the residences of the town 24/7
I would like to clarify what I said at the meeting on Friday Jan 31, 2002
If we can have a state police officer at $55.00 per hour it would cost Fenwick $1,329 a day or close to 1/2 million dollars a year for 24/7 365 day a year. This would be without a local police department that has caused the town nothing but problem and lawsuits for the past 20 years.

By RICO is more than a name on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 11:08 am:

Mr. Childers:
Was it the Police Department that cost the town nothing but problems and lawsuits for the past 20 years or was it Persons in authority trying to control and manipulate the police department with their own agendas that have caused the town nothing but problems and lawsuits??

By Resident Evil on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 11:49 am:

It is a funny thing to keep hearing about the State police coverage for Fenwick Island. Most of the officers are getting paid under $15.00 per hour. So how can anyone in thier right minds suggest to pay $55.00 per hour. At least when you have a FIPD officer covering the town they care what happens in the town. When you have a State trooper covering the only thing to be concerned with would be the MONEY!! I also have heard that in the past the town had State Police coverage and the town did not pay for some of the hours that were covered. Is that true? Were the two remaining officers ever asked if they could work overtime to cover the town?? Probaly not. Just remeber counsultant Hudson is a retired State Trooper. Maybe that is the real reason to bring state police in the town of Fenwick Island. Lastly the question came up to council about did they check on Lloyd Glenn Hudson's background? The answer given was "he was a Delaware State Trooper for 25 years, a Lt. at Bethany Beach, and a town Manager for Bethany" (Henefin). Does this mean that is a man with integrity and is a honest man? Ask any current State Trooper, Bethany Beach Police Officer, South Bethany Police Officer, Ocean View Police Officer, and Fenwick Island Police Officer what the true story is about Lloyd Glenn Hudson. In fact you could ask any officer of the law with some years on the force what they think about Lloyd Glenn Hudson. I'm sure most of the residents would it interesting to hear some true stories of the person that Fenwick Town Council has put in charge of their Police Department. Or if you would like to speak to Lloyd Glenn Hudson for yourself, I'm sure he will tell what a GREAT MAN he is.

By Sherry A. Jordan on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 07:03 pm:

To: "An Interested Party"

I just wanted to take the time to thank you for the AWESOME comments you made about us who worked for the Fenwick Island Police Department. For a change, it was great to hear such AWESOME comments about us. On behalf of former Fenwick Island Police Department officers and myself I would like to say thank you!!!

By Sussex Cop on Monday, February 03, 2003 - 05:08 am:

Mr. Childers,

You're obviously ignorant of the fact that the Delaware State Police can't provide adequate, efficient and effective police services ANYWHERE in Sussex County. How do you expect them to cover Fenwick Island in addition to their jurisdiction in Sussex County?

At any given time, city and town police officers are responding to assist and handle DSP complaints in all areas of the county. Why? Because their aren't enough troopers on the road in the first place. We (Sussex County taxpayers) funded about $300,000 on more than one occasion to place additional troopers on the streets in Sussex. There are no more troopers now than there were five years ago. Why? Well, the money is used to hire new troopers that ARE placed in Sussex, but an equal number are taken OFF the road and placed in specialized units (detectives, etc.). This is fact. Check into it if you so desire. While your at it, try to figure out why the COUNTY is funding STATE employees ...

Delaware Troopers are little more then "secretaries on wheels", running from one call to the next. Usually such calls are many miles apart. You'll be unhappy to know that the majority of time the trooper that is supposed to be in YOUR sector (Inlet to the state line) is normally in Rehoboth or further north. Wonder why you have to wait thirty minutes for the state police to show up? Wonder why you always see city and town cops in state jurisdiction handling calls? No you know why ...

It costs money to operate ANY police department. That's a fundamental aspect of operations and budgeting within government. It's YOUR right and RESPONSIBLITY to make sure that YOUR government is operating efficiently and LEGALLY. If they are not, then it's also YOUR responsiblity to correct the issues at hand ... not sweep them under the rug so they only progress or worsen.

By someone in the know on Tuesday, February 04, 2003 - 04:46 am:

To: AN INTERESTED PARTY

Ms. Carmean and Mr. Brans are THE ONLY honest members of Council. The rest of Council tried to keep them in the dark. You can bet that we would never know half of what we do if those two were'nt there. It's really frightening. It also makes one wonder; Who will be watching the Police Force when the ones with "honesty,integrity,and ethics" are gone?.... Henifin and his pawn the OIC?...HA HA HA!

By FI-Landshark on Tuesday, February 04, 2003 - 10:13 pm:

Dear Officer Brennan--It sounds as if Mr. Hudson and Mr. Henifin are volunteering to get sued again. I suggest that you go after both of them individually as they were clearly not acting on behalf of the town at the time of their comments. Indeed, where in the charter or in Mr. Hudson's non-contract does it state that these two should be responding to requests for references? This is utterly stupid! Clearly, neither of this individuals has taken any course in proper business etiquette. As for their upbringing, maybe their mother forgot to tell them that if they don't have anything nice to say about someone, DO NOT say anything at all. Madame Mayor--this sounds like something even you could handle. Tell these hens to quit squawking about things they should not discuss before we get sued AGAIN!!! Good luck Officer Brennan. I hope you do well in your new position and hope that someday you can return to Fenwick in peace.

By Sussex Cop on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 02:05 am:

Go Pete, Go Pete, Go Pete!!!

By Former FIPD Officer Brennan on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 01:59 pm:

I would like to thank everyone who has shown support for me and the other Fenwick Officers in my situation. It's been my pleasure to work for the Town of Fenwick. It is only due to the current circumstances that I must leave. I appreciate and will miss those of you who I've gotten to know personally and also thank those who I don't know, but who have anonymously provided support and encouragement. Be assured that I will remember all those who have supported me....and those who have not. To the former, I wish you well in your continuing effort to reclaim your Police Department. I truly hope you one day have an honest, efficient and community-friendly department again.
Best regards, Pete Brennan

By free software texas hold on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 12:22 am:

stamen impedances spattered?abundant Abbott?salutary courteous moved arch free texas hold downloads darkest?plunder!Eumenides free texas hold card game Moresby retrieves inhomogeneities.binoculars conceited? a texas hold tournament

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: