A New Park and Expanded Public Works

Sussex County Online User Forums: Fenwick Island Discussion Forum: A New Park and Expanded Public Works
By Jack Childers on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 10:47 am:

A New Park for Fenwick?
It looks like the Fenwick Island Town Council is going ahead with plans to turn the volley ball courts into a new park for the residences of Fenwick whether we want it or not.
In talking to a few of the residence after the Jan 31 meeting they express the opinion that the council should ask for a public hearing on the this matter. They had added that they originally voted for it 3 or 4 years ago, but in light of the townâs present financial situation they were not in favor of it at this time.
Reasons for not spending money to build a park:
1. Town doesnât have the money
2. Wrong place to put a park, next to highway one with all the automobile and truck exhaust fume.
3. The land in the city is too valuable for public works building, in the future we will need the land for other city projects. Public Works should be moved out of town limits.
4. It seems that we lost our town fair, because our present administration took all the profits from the ladies who ran the fair, so the ladies said the heck with having a fair. I thought the fair was important to Fenwick Island.
5. If we expand the public works and build a new park this will not leave any room to ever have a town fair again.
I will welcome other comments about the proposed park
Jack Childers

By The Don on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 03:18 pm:

I agree, Jack, why do we need another playground or park when we have one of the biggest playgrounds in the world 2 minutes away, THE ATLANTIC OCEAN.

By NOTBLIND on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 03:24 pm:

Speaking of Public Works, can anyone enlighten me as to why the water hookup at 16 South Carolina Avenue, was done last winter using town equiptment,town labor, and on the clock town time, for 2 days. What about that Neil????

By Edie Falco on Monday, February 03, 2003 - 05:13 am:

If a minor issue of a park takes personal precedence over the serious issues of corruption in your local government, maybe you need some counseling, Mr. Childers.

By Tony Soprano on Monday, February 03, 2003 - 07:06 pm:

Carmella
It aint just no playground, it's 40 large. No wonder I moved out!
Your Tony Boy

By Jack Childers on Tuesday, February 04, 2003 - 08:16 am:

When a project that going to cost the Fenwick Island Taxpayer in access over $50,000.00.
I don't consider this to be minor issue. Since I am afraid that after we finish the audits, pay fine and penalties take care of a the lawsuits both present and future Fenwick Island could be Bankrupt.

By Edie Falco on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 02:03 am:

$50,000 is pocket change considering the TRUE costs the Town residents are facing in their current situation.

By rasputin on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 02:41 pm:

To not Blind - perhaps an inappropriate nom de plum. A straight pipe running across property does not a waterline hookup make. To enighten you - the next time you feel like inferring wrong doing get your facts straight - it was a drain pipe - put in under easement - to alleviate the flooding/standing water that was taking place on Bayside and which was getting worse with each repaving of the road. It alleviated what was becoming a significant problem.

By Bill Williams on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 11:29 pm:

The Park is a great idea and with expected contributions the funding would be under control. Some of the resources will come from a Federal grant. Overall it will be a nice asset for the residents - especially children and grand children. We should give the PARK a chance!!

By Edie Falco on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 12:58 am:

Yes ... give the park a chance. You can build a monument dedicated to the present town council and El Presidente!

They'll enjoy seeing the pictures of the monument on the walls of their prison cells.

By texasholdem tutorials on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 08:32 am:

kludge!Filippo bin,lemming?waded Hackett advanced texasholdem play free compartmentalizing Crimea. free texasholdem poker games independence kinetic indigestible commonest free texasholdem secrets

By how to play texas hold em poker on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 10:46 pm:

errs,revolting:agglutinin Burroughs! tempers renal bricklayers premier Mateo free texas hold em poker tournments milwaukee tutors scabbard Gould Goethe Fayetteville. free tournaments texas hold em poker rejections temple abstractor, free texas hold em poker rooms

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: