Tick Tock for Hudson!

Sussex County Online User Forums: Fenwick Island Discussion Forum: Tick Tock for Hudson!
By Sussex Cop on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 12:25 am:

It is now February 14. Hudson is/was supposed to be gone .. done .. finished .. in Fenwick Island as reported in the media on February 12.

Where is he now? Has he been to FIPD?

By Concerned too on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 07:01 am:

Valentine's Day is tick tocking away now. Does history repeat itself? Will there be a massacre? Lots of pressure brewing in this little Town.

By Resident Evil on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 07:27 pm:

No one saw him around town today. Maybe Fenwick Town Council did something right for once and got rid of the problem.

By Dirk Diggler on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 08:34 pm:

Resident Evil,

Make that, "Maybe they did something right for the second time."

The FIRST they did right was get rid of Dickerson.
Unfortunately for the council, along the way they committed several federal and state crimes, but who's looking at the big picture anyway?

By My2Cents on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 08:59 pm:

I have read with interest the many letters about the goings-on at FIPD and the OIC. I was shocked when I heard that Hudson had been hired as a consultant to deal with problems at FIPD- the man who tried to ruin BBPD!!! Unbelievable...

I worked at Bethany and most of the time; it was a great place to work. Chief Graviet truly cared about his people and worked hard to make BBPD a professional and efficient department as well as an enjoyable place to work. Sure, we had to deal with Hudson's temper tantrums, mind games, playing people against each other, and constant belittling· He never missed an opportunity to tell any of us that if we were worth anything, we would have better jobs. He thinks of municipal officers as officers who couldn't get hired by DSP. It is ironic that two of those officers are now Chiefs of Police in Sussex County and are doing quite well. I am very happy for them.

BBPD was like a dysfunctional family back then. Hudson would do something crazy but Graviet would calm us down and say everything would be ok. At one point, Hudson started muttering about getting another job, saying how some day he would be "in charge". This sounded like a dream come true (Hudson leaving) but it quickly turned into a nightmare. Horror of horrors- Hudson was hired as Town Manager! As soon as he went "upstairs", he began his mission to undermine everything Graviet had ever done. Somehow the Council bought Hudson's act and let him have free reign- his reign of terror. Hudson delights in hurting people and would pick a target and do all he could to make that person's life miserable. That is when a lot of good people decided they had to leave while they could. I think many of us would still be working in Bethany if Hudson had never been TM. An officer came back as soon as Hudson was gone. That says a lot.

With all the problems Fenwick Island is working through, the last thing the town needs is Hudson in the mix. I hope Fenwick citizens do what they can to keep this man out of any type of position of power.

By EX-EMPLOYEE on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 11:37 pm:

To my2cents,

you are so right! whoever recomended Hudson and approved his contract should be fired on the spot. If I was a Fenwick resident, I'd be digging up that information.

By Sussex Cop on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 06:53 am:

My2Cents and Ex-Employee,

If things go as they might, that info will come out in any pending law suits against Hudson and/or the town of Fenwick Island. Let's hope it happens.

As a current officer in the region, I'm concerned that people like Hudson go unchecked. However, I'm glad to see that many towns have been frowning on hiring retired DSP as chiefs. They are finally starting to see that simply being a trooper does not meet the qualifications needed to run a PD. We have a large resource of highly trained, educated and experienced Delaware municipal officers being put in those positions these days (not to mention those that have come from out of state).

The current Fenwick OIC situation is a model problem that all Delaware towns will use as a reference point in the future. It's now up to the residents of Fenwick Island, the Attorney General's Office and the feds to clean up Fenwick Island.

Stay safe out there.

By Resident Evil on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 12:45 pm:

Is it true that the OIC is not really the OIC?? If that is true how can he hire two officers? In fact how can he make any kind of decision for the Fenwick Island Police Department?

By Resident Evil on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 09:58 pm:

Hey everyone I heard that the OIC is done as of the 14th of February. Is that true? Did anyone else hear that? If this is true it would be one hell of a kiss on Valentine's Day!!

By Sussex Cop on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 11:12 pm:

Resident Evil,

You are correct, acccording to media accounts of the town council's continued wrongdoings. If Hudson was hired unlawfully (or at least against policy), then his position is null and void from the date of hire. Any decision made by him in office is/was null and void. Legally, he wouldn't even be a police officer in Fenwick Island (not that he obtained his police recertification within C.O.P.T. policy and state law to begin with ...).

Didn't the media print that Hudson would be done by the 12th? Or was that just word-of-mouth?
At any rate, I'm sure we'll ALL accept the 14th as a substitute "END OF DAYS" ...

By Golf Buddy on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 04:12 pm:

Now hold on folks, I think we should to give this Hudson guy a chance. After all he is the "ICON" of law enforcement, well at least thats what he tells me. Right Glen?
He must be the smartest person in Fenwick Island, because the rest of them are so stupid they couldn't tell you whether Jesus Christ died on the cross or got beat with a sledgehammer, right Glenn?
And this thing about him being a Delaware State Trooper, well they are all a bunch of "pompass asses" Right Glenn?

Folks, these are all famous quotes of the "ICON"
Believe That or Believe that not...

By My2Cents on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 10:22 pm:

I believe that Golf Buddy-
If you "axe" me; I have heard the self-professed "icon" say all of those things SO MANY times...

By Sussex Cop on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 12:54 am:

... Did somebody say "Delaware State Police"?

I thought I smelled something rotten.

By Eric Magill on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 01:13 pm:

The media reports were that Hudson was hired as officer in charge until the day after Dickerson's termination hearing, meaning that until council makes a decision, Hudson is in charge.

We still haven't heard about a meeting to re-do the vote on Hudson's hiring and allow public comment as directed by the AG's office in its ruling on Jan. 21. Council was ordered to hold such a meeting within 30 days of Jan. 21. It's now Feb. 17, 27 days later.

Eric Magill
Publisher, Sussex County Online

By bill weistling, jr. on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 03:43 pm:

For all of those interested in reading the FOIA complaint and findings, it is now available on the Attorney General's website at www.state.de.us/attgen. Click on OPINIONS.
It was nice to hear a letter read at the last Council meeting praising the actions of one of our FIPD officers. Don't think that the letter from the Attorney General's office, that was initiated by another FIPD officer, will be given the same courtesy.

By John Judge on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 08:11 pm:

Wait a minute,

I agree with the Hudson issue. He is a cancer for an department but to put him in the same breath as other DSP is unfair. You hammer DSP in your responses but there are some very fine DSP people too. They are the ones you don't often hear about because they have not been breast fed their whole career like the ICON. Dont bash the entire state police because of one ICON who is a legend in his own mind.

By Sussex Cop on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 08:47 pm:

John Judge,

You are correct. My PERSONAL opinion of the state police is that the problems lie within their administration ... not the road troopers. This has, of course, been publicly shown in the media. The remnants of the "good ol' boy" era is disappearing from the DSP ranks with each new year.

As a matter of fact, many troopers that I know would do better (have a more fulfilling career) working for another agency.

One point that I have made and will stick by is this: being a Delaware State Trooper is in NO way qualification alone to run a municipal PD. That has been a selling factor in Hudson's case. As a matter of fact, it was the ONLY selling point publicly given by Fenwick council members.

By Resident Evil on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 03:07 pm:

Where was "OIC Hudson" during the winter storm? The last that I heard, that he was seen in his driveway looking out at the road. Is this true? Why was the officer in charge not at least in the town. Did he even call to see what was going in the town of Fenwick? If he really is the officer in charge don't you think that he should have been in the town?

I would also like to thank the police officer that was on duty for 35 hours straight protecting the town as well as helping neighboring town's in the time of need. He was on patrol checking the dunes and other area's of the town to make sure that the people were safe. And yes I have to aggree that the public works department did one hell of a job clearing the streets of Fenwick.

By USMC on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 06:01 pm:

Just to let you all know OIC Hudson HAS A 4X4 vehicle of his own so there is no excuse why he wasn't in town doing his so called duties

By Resident Evil on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 08:28 pm:

That would be a correct statement about the 4X4. It is a navy blue Trailblazer. So why does someone that realy does nothing for the town of Fenwick and lives less then 5 miles away from the town need a take home car? Does every police officer in the town get a take home car? Why pay the extra lease if we do not have to? If anything the police department should have a fully marked 4x4 just for the reason of storms. Another good reason to have a 4X4 is to be able to get up onto the beach if need be. These are just two of the many reasons why every police department should a four wheel drive vehicle.

So did anyone see the "OIC" in the town of Fenwick during the storm? or was he just sitting back in his recliner smoking a cigar???

By Ghostrider on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 05:32 pm:

Puff puff give, puff puff give!

By gumshoe on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 10:07 pm:

Hudson at FI is just the continuing southward toxic spillage of the day that the Graviet & Hudson Circus came to the Town of Bethany. The show and all its clowns will hopefully keep moving south. Alot of good cops were lost becuase of that whole sideshow at Bethany.

By USMC on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 06:24 pm:

What is it with these retired Delaware State Troopers? Is it something in the water or what?? Didn't they get enough during the years on the force? Don't they know what "Retirement" means? Evidently NOT!!! Come on guys . . .let the NEW generation take the helm, I bet there would be a lot less problems if these retired state troopers would actually STAY retired!!! Just because you were state troopers your NOT all that and a bag of chips and a pickle to boot!!

By Sussex Cop on Friday, February 28, 2003 - 12:02 am:

Thank you USMC! Thank you gumshoe!

By USMC on Friday, February 28, 2003 - 10:31 pm:

Your quite welcome Sussex Cop! Come on who do these so called retired state troopers think they are?!?! Do they think they are GOD? Do they think their mouths are a prayer book just because it open and shuts?!? I once heard a former chief in Sussex County refer to state troopers as nothing more than AAA. So go figure . . .

By free texasholdem poker games online on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 08:26 am:

Rockwell transitioned.prematurity republic refill graphic cursorily?Cathy.hangout buddy?abduction texasholdem tournament in las vegas proprietary amphitheater.parapet address! how to play poker: texasholdem Howell:omicron learn online texasholdem free

By texasholdem game downloads for free on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 08:28 am:

classic malted!supplier sexton?anhydrously Sumerian provenance online texasholdem free exhibitors Holman:beak Martinique mama: play texasholdem free weld malfunctioning inferiority download free texasholdem

By em free hold internet texas on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 08:30 am:

approximations dare graceful cottonmouth tunic caveat asynchronously! texasholdem free games online understandings Knauer:impedance terminated.respondents no limit free texasholdem tournaments granola trimmings texasholdem game download

By free texasholdem tournament on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 08:31 am:

grievances.hall withdrawing eloquently. son.maturely dissipated free texasholdem tips paradoxes surmounted,beseeching! play texasholdem online for free conceptually lance.backtrackers free texasholdem download game

By free texas hold em poker online on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 10:42 pm:

genealogy bitmap Jonathanization breath slaughtered absoluteness roughneck!ion,bicycles privations spiritually texas hold em poker game free huh rehearser manner synthesizes play texas hold em poker 4 free laser Lloyd twinkling texas hold em poker strategy card free

By free java texas hold on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 01:43 am:

Bloch fronting.Medea:procurer,potable uprightness,distributive windmills.Jeroboam learn texas hold free rinsed rooted unwraps diverges card games free texas hold ager plugs baptismal originality Kirk texas hold game free

By play texas hold poker for free without downloading on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 06:25 am:

gazes narrate Chinamen tortoises useful. Hodges.McGinnis deceased texas hold poker tournaments in ohio. gloriously startup?trick free texas hold poker software locker bias.Clark free tournaments texas hold poker

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: