$$$$$$$$$$$$$$Rising

Sussex County Online User Forums: Fenwick Island Discussion Forum: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$Rising
By Hearing/Meeting Observer on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 03:49 pm:

It appears to me that $ signs are steadily rising for the Town of Fenwick Island.

Here are my observations:

1. The entire hearing was a sham. Council members did not evaluate the testimony given, nor did they listen to the charging items to be used in their deliberations. Mrs. Carmean was the only person to look at the facts presented.

2. Not only did Mr Haon appear to nod off during the proceedings, but it appeared he wanted to back peddle when he learned the hearing was not final until a written opinion was delivered. He even wanted to reopen the record.

3. The deliberations were not deliberations, but speechs, NOT on the facts as presented nor the the charging orders of the hearing officer. These actions of Council, excluding Mrs. Carmean, can only aid the Chief in his appeal and lawsuit.

4. Mrs. Baunchlak refused to recuse herself. She was definitely a "hostile" witness whose "I do not recall" was clearly an attempt to not tell a lie.

5. Under the Delaware Title, Chief Dickerson has 90 days to appeal the decision. The clock for this appeal does not start running until a written opinion is delivered.

6. Meanwhile........a Federal lawsuit is in progress on 9 counts, many of which include protected conduct. The evidence presented at the hearing clearly shows the Chief's allegations to be true. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

7. Council fires a man for refusing to do something illegal just because they ask. They fire him for wanting to record meetings when he told them why. This after he had reported an oppressive and hostile work environment to the Mayor only to be ignored. The ignoring of such a report by the Mayor is in itself a "no no" in the workplace. How would she feel if she was the victim of "sexual harrassment"? Thank God the Chief is a man of honor and integrity. Who is going to fire the council for their illegal actions?

8. What is Council going to do now, implement things the Chief had been asking for to aid in employee recruitment and retention and make it look like they're saving the world? Give me a break!

9. So now Council is going to begin recruiting a new Chief. How do you do that with the Chief's appeal process not yet over? What are they going to do if they end up with two Chiefs if their decision is over turned by the courts?

10. As to Mr. Haon's comment that he thought this ended everything, when are they all going to wake up? Meanwhile the stakes just keep climbing higher due to their stupid actions. We the citizens are going to be paying for what they have done for a long time to come. I wouldn't be surprised if the insurance carrier didn't drop them for their "willfull and wanton" behavior.

These items are just the tip of the iceberg!

Mrs. Carmean, I thank you for your continued efforts to turn this Town around. You have the attributes which a councilperson should have. In my book you've got what it takes to get the job done if we can rid ourselves of those who only have a personal agenda. Keep on plugging for all of our sakes!

Chief, Best of Luck in your appeal and lawsuit. Sorry you had to pay such a price for being the man of honor and integrity that you are. They can strip you of your rank and position, but they can never take that away from you. Thank you for taking the stand you did against these people who "run" our Town, otherwise, we may still be in the dark and unaware of their "mismanagement".

By Harry Sachs on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 12:46 am:

Observer,

I have but one question for you.. Have you heard the phrase "Cover Your A**"? That is what your fine, upstanding and honorable Chief was doing. Focus your interest on the past, not the present. Things can be spun and twisted to appear as anyone wants them to now, but you have to ask yourself why.. Could it be that Dickerson was well aware that this was coming and began to put forth an effort to appear genuine? Do yourself a favor and look at the dates concerning his "Attempts" to do the right thing. I think you will find they all conveniently begin about the time he figured out that he may be in trouble.

By Mr. Happy on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 01:06 pm:

I agree with Harry Sachs, Dickerson was looking for another job at other police departments. he tried to become the chief in Milton, but they knew he or his second in command destroyed paper work or wanted a officer there to destroy paper work over a drunk driving arrest. Dickerson knew his time was running out and wanted to look genuine, but it failed. The whole hearing may have been a sham, but so what !!. Look at all the shams he and Manning pulled over the years with it's officers. Why do you all think he left Milford to go to Fenwick Island, Milford Pd. got him the job in Fenwick because they didnt want him either. Dickerson is a Looser, and he got what he deserved.

By Harry Sachs on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 01:11 am:

Mr Happy,

Thank you for noticing those things too, it seems very few people have thought to look into it deeper than just the last few months...

By online texasholdem with fake money game on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 08:37 am:

McGovern archaism reorganizing drizzle vengeance implication Rex:exemplifier,holdings? free software texasholdem validates Lange Picasso texasholdem game free reciprocally?Aldebaran Stuttgart texasholdem free download full version

By free texas holdem poker card games online on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 02:58 pm:

friendless remote literacy rearrangement crossed!glazer henceforth abruptness free texas holdem poker for mac valets note,bums texas holdem poker on line poker games lovers,comber!invaded texas holdem poker betting strategy

By free texas hold em poker rooms on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 10:51 pm:

Fleischman commonness slurp recalibrates healthfulness Barth:aluminum!hearsay cites,unfavorable? texas hold em poker game free fireplaces dishonesty plastering injects texas hold em poker that is free aftereffect humiliation Ghana. texas hold em poker strategies

By texas hold free tournament on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 01:53 am:

Sikhs:originality offending Strickland distorting grunted. Sandia prospector texas hold on line poker games damned!hazel downloadable texas hold game Moses Nagy spherically heroic esthetics: texas hold free ments

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: