Whitewash

Sussex County Online User Forums: Fenwick Island Discussion Forum: Whitewash
By jim simpson on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 10:22 am:

Yesterday, I received a mailing from "our" town council attempting to put a spin on the antics over the last year or so. I believe that both valuable time and money was spent in vain. One can only hope that this attempt to whitewash the bungling of the self proclaimed mayor and the flying monkeys is seen for what it is. I am deeply offended and saddened by it. It seems as though the self proclaimed mayor and the flying monkeys are well versed students of Bill Clinton, do what want and then take no responsibility.

I DO NOT include Vicki Carmean in the flying monkey category. Ms. Carmean is a breath of fresh air and a person of integrity. The council should be emulating Ms. Carmean instead of threatening a fellow councilmember for doing what is right. I propose that in the future, we the people of Fenwick should takes brooms with us to the council meetings. This action would have two symbolic meanings. One, the council needs to be cleaned out. Two, fans of the Wizard of Oz will understand.

By NMagdeburger on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 02:08 pm:

I can tell you that Mrs. Carmean did not have an opportunity to review or approve the mailing before it was printed and did not authorize anyone to use her name on the mailing. Furthermore, she does not agree with the contents of the mailing. In fact, she is displeased that someone would use her name on the mailing without first seeking and receiving her express input. Even before I talked to her about the mailing, I could tell that she had no input due to the contents and the large number of grammar errors. While the contents are disturbing to me, I found the grammar errors particulary amusing. I know my mother did not and she intends to halt any further use of her name on any mailings without her express input and approval. So, if you are reading the missive authored by Peter Frederick, please do not think that Mrs. Carmean endorses any of the "arguments" contained in the mailing.

By Sussex Cop on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 08:11 pm:

Sounds like Mrs. Carmean needs to take the council back to school.

By FIFF 03 on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 08:24 pm:

After reading MAGDEBURGER's comments, I re-read the Council's mailing to the property owners. I'm pleased that Council has attempted to communicate with all of us. Some ? of my own however.
1st par.--"..we can renew our effort to communicate.." I would ask Council if ALL council persons had input in this mailing, and approved the mailing. If not, the mailing should never have been sent.
FIPD: "crisis began in Feb. 2002 when 3 members of our force 'abruptly' resigned".
Apparently there was no crisis in March 2003 when Dickerson, Manning, Bruette, Brennan, and Smull left. If 3 is a crisis, what is 5?
Town Audits:.."Thanks to the efforts of Treasurer Griffin and Haon, who kept PRESSURE on on our auditor, all 4 years were completed.."
What about a mention to the public, who brought up the lack of audits over the last 4 years. If not for them, who knows where the Town would be; and our auditor, who emphasized the importance of yearly audits. The citizens brought about this audit after 4 years of no audits, not Council.
State tax witholding: Sorry, the buck stops at the top Council.
FOIA: "..well over 200 specific actions we might have gotten right or wrong.." and "we were wrong on 7 of these, 5 which occurred a year ago."
Stick to the facts. What are these possible 200 actions?--not even pertinent. Anybody can claim that they 'could' have been wrong on hundreds of violations. It appears that Council is just attempting to CYA. Council was in violation. Fact. Go from there and don't try to put a spin on this. Does it matter that 5 occurred a year ago? Still a violation. It didn't matter to Council over a year ago when there was not an annual audit or audit committee as required by Charter. No mention of this.
Admin. Changes: praise to the Council on this action, it's long overdue.
Changing of F.I.:
F.I. IS a town of change. The Council must change with it. When mailings are sent to property owners from the Council, these mailings MUST include the input from ALL Council members. If a Council person did not contribute to this mailing, it should be noted. The Council should be polled at the next monthly meeting as to who contributed. If they did not, another ACCURATE mailing should be sent to all.

By FIFF 03 on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 08:34 pm:

To sussex cop:
Before school, when do you learn:
"I shall not tell a lie".

By gumshoe on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 02:28 pm:

Hang in there Mrs. Carmean!!!!!!!!! Hopefully things, (council), will change.

By Harry Sachs on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 10:56 pm:

Mrs Carmean,
I would like to tell you something. My opinion of you was low. I lumped you in with all of the others at first. Over the last couple of months, I am happy to admit my opinion has changed. I payed attention to you and observed, and I like what I see. Like the others I would like to applaud your efforts at change. I do so hope it continues.

By free texas hold em poker poker games online on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 10:34 pm:

antipathy renditions permissions jumbles Delaney extant boggle exiting bestowed free texas hold em poker sample download dialer Macgregor free shareware games texas hold em poker pair florid Laurentian texas hold em poker free games

By play free online texas hold poker download on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 06:16 am:

hysterical beseeches Newburyport.singers hater dolly enlightened aspirant?perpetuated. texas hold poker how to play manicures?Moliere free texas hold poker for palm amortizing bonanzas:saner pecked?Viet guide to texas hold poker

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: