There is now a DE certified officer in FIPD

Sussex County Online User Forums: Fenwick Island Discussion Forum: There is now a DE certified officer in FIPD
By Harry Sachs on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 02:17 am:

As of today, there is a DE certified officer in FIPD. I am sure there will be a difference of opinion on his return, however, I for one am happy to see him return to Fenwick. Ofc. Devlin is returning to FIPD. Let us see how different it is this time, without the influence of the Ex-Chief and Major there. I personally believe that this is a good move for Fenwick, though I am sure there are those who will disagree with me on this. We are all aware of the working conditions in Fenwick, both past and present. At least they are getting an oficer who is familiar with the council and its pitfalls, as well as one who knows the town and what needs to be done. We will watch and see what happens, but again, I think this is a smart move. Welcome back to Fenwick Ofc Devlin.

By gumshoe on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 08:55 am:

Harry Sachs, After reading some of your previous posts, I thought that you had some idea of what was going on in the Town and in the FIPD. As to your last post, that leads me to believe that you're clueless.

By Harry Sachs on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 01:13 am:

Gumshoe,
Whats not to believe? If you dont believe me, ask... 539-2000

By gumshoe on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 10:01 am:

Harry Sachs, I have no need to call and ask. Your last two posts are self explanatory.

By Slower Lower Delaware on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 10:04 am:

Why should we be happy accepting a retread? Devlin didn't cut it before, why will he now?
Let's get good officers without any scars.

By LOCAL COP on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 08:36 pm:

I AM A LOCAL OFFICER IN SUSSEX COUNTY.I HAVE NEVER POSTED A MESSAGE IN THIS FORUM BEFORE.I AM DOING SO NOW BECAUSE I CAN SEE THAT ONCE AGAIN THE TOWN OF FENWICK HAS BLOWN A CHANCE TO START OVER AND HAVE A QUALITY DEPARTMENT.THIS IS SAD BECAUSE THE PEOPLE OF FENWICK DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS.TO HAVE A QUALITY DEPARTMENT YOU NEED MORE THAN JUST SOMEONE IN A UNIFORM.BY THE WAY THERE IS A DIFFRENCE BETWEEN BEING DE CERTIFIED AND HAVE BEEN CERTIFIED BY GOING THROUGH THE DELAWARE STATE POLICE ACADEMY.I KNOW THIS FROM EXPERENCE.

By Savannah Road on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 12:04 am:

Dear LOCAL COP:
I am also a Sussex County officer. Heck me may even know each other and agree on alot of the same topics when it comes to the problems that happen in Fenwick P.D.
But I think that I must disagree with you on the Certified and going through the D.S.P. Academy. I dont think it makes you a better cop by going through the D.S.P. Academy. I have seen both both certified officers from other states and Delaware State Police Academy certified officers both do a great job and also a lousy job. Being a local Sussex County cop yourself, I think you would agree thatwe have both seen our share of some really good cops come and go through the doors of Fenwick P.D. including myself. For the short time in Fenwick P.D., I truly miss the fellow officers that have come and gone through the revolving doors of Fenwick along with working with the police officers of South Bethany, Bethany and Ocean View. For officers who are interested in employment with Fenwick Island, they should speak with other officers of neighboring towns of Fenwick. Most of the officers have been there for years and I consider them all to be honest and truthful cops. Again Local Cop, I think we can both agree that there were a few rotten apples in Fenwick P.D. but most of the Act-120 guys were good officers.

By LOCAL COP on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 11:49 pm:

SAVANNAH ROAD MY REMARK ABOUT DE CERTIFIED IS IN REF TO THE REMARK HARRY SACHS MADE ABOUT AN OFFICER RETURNING TO FENWICK.I KNOW SEVERAL OFFICERS FROM PA THAT ARE GREAT COPS.I AM NOT SAYING ACT-120 GUYS ARE NOT GOOD COPS,BUT DSP ACADEMY HAS A GOOD TRACK RECORD WITH WEEDING OUT THE BAD ONES.THE PROCESS FENWICK USES WITH HIRING OFFICERS BYPASSES THE NORMAL ACADEMY TRAINING.STAY SAFE OUT THERE!

By Savannah Road on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 04:19 am:

Local Cop:
10-4. Your 10-1 in my book. I agree with ya on the hiring process of DSP. I only wish that DSP or even the AG's office would have weeded out the the two worthless so called cops who ran the police department years ago.
Stay Safe,
Savannah Road "Cowboy" : )

By Sussex Cop on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 11:18 pm:

I haven't been around this site for awhile, but I had to post SOMETHING here.

1. Fenwick may have made a bad decision rehiring an old officer. But then again, that's their track record recently. Bad decision after bad decision. As one councilman was quoted in The Wave newspaper regarding one of their signature moves ... "I know what the headline will say .. Fenwick screwed up again!" If they know what they're doing wrong, why do they keep doing it?
On a related note, does any one remember Devlin posting on here some time ago saying he was fine in Laurel? Did he say anything about not coming to Fenwick? Something about that being a rumor? I forget those little things sometimes.

2. I know quite a few Pennsylvania Act 120 trained officers that have been through Fenwick. Actually, I've worked with about 40 of them so far. I like to compare Fenwick with a large department in this apsect: there are some good ones, and there are some bad ones. And the good ones that Fenwick lost have become an asset to their current departments. Big Will, Bruette, Smull ... two of the most recent ones ... have been some of the best to go through. Heck, even Pete the Jersey Boy was alright! (Hiya, Pete!).
Being a DSP Academy alumni myself, I do support live-in paramilitary training. But we also know that we didn't learn much up in Dover Daycare anyway, except how to pick up overturned lockers and bunks.

3. I have personally abandoned FIPD as a lost cause ... and island within itself. If I get called there, then I'll go. If I don't, then I won't. As I mentioned before, their cops are under standing orders from Officer Lloyd Hudson to disassociate themselves from other cops on the street. Wouldn't want the new guys hearing the truth, would they?

By how to play poker: texas hold on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 12:45 am:

resurrect psychosis sagacious mailer chestnuts adorable forceful free windows texas hold game sucking.adulation play free texas hold online download Nanking condition patentable!artichoke:convene, rooms free texas hold online

By texas hold poker games on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 05:25 am:

Yugoslav!officialdom.remarks.clams confuses Russianizations, collie arithmetically play texas hold poker poker online disappointments scaffoldings communication?functions,grazer free texas hold poker online channeller,wheaten download free texas hold poker game

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: