No, businesses can't celebrate!!

Sussex County Online User Forums: Fenwick Island Discussion Forum: No, businesses can't celebrate!!
By xxx on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 07:55 am:

Only the town council of Fenwick can observe the 50th anniversary of the town. "Mayor Peg" proclaims businesses have no right to celebrate.

By no name either! on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 10:07 am:

Is this true? Someone with a name say something here to make me believe this is not just an agitation note, please.

By Reid Tingle on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 11:49 am:

If you were at the last council meeting you could have witnessed the spectacle.

By xxx on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 12:05 pm:

I would use my name but "mayor peg" might hold a grudge.

By bill weistling, jr. on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 02:35 pm:

There will be a special meeting/executive session tomorrow 6/13 at 1:00 p.m. at Town hall.
Perhaps some answers and explanations may be given then about Chris Clark's request to use Town Hall on 6/21.

By no name either! on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 08:50 pm:

censored: or it would be if I were to write what I am thinking.

By Chris Clark on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 08:53 am:

It is true. Peg did say that nobody can celebrate the towns 50th except the council. The only problem is that the council does not have anything planned to celebrate this event.

My requests to use town hall were rejected.

The most interesting item about the rejection of the request for the use of town was because Peg stated that it would be used to support the commercial district in town. Wow! How is that for working together for improving our town?

Too bad the request was for the residents of the town. It was being set up by me, a resident, so that the residents would have a chance to celebrate the anniversary. FISH and the FI Womens Club were going to volunteer to help with the celebration, as long as the celebration was in town hall.

The only way that the businesses were participating in the town hall celebration was by: 1) observing the same date, 2) paying to get the word out for the event, 3) paying for the cake, punch and signage for the celebration. Nobody would have known that the businesses were even involved in the celebration at town hall.

It is too bad when people let their personal emotions influence their decision making process to the point that it effects the entire town.

Please, please, please Peg and any other member of council, I and many others in town want to move towards the future. That means working together as a cohesive unit and putting the past to rest.

Think about tomorrow; and lead, follow or get out of the way.

By Soulman on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 11:25 am:

I vote for GET OUT OF THE WAY.

By Moved Out and Glad!! on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 12:04 pm:

Chris, Aren't you being a little tough on Peg. Why don't you make it "like the old days, when you could go to a local eatery,sit down and talk about it over a cup of coffee" as Peg so aptly put it in her last love letter to the people. I'm sure she would even buy.LMAO

By bill weistling,jr. on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 05:54 pm:

I have to applaud Chris for trying. He waited patiently over the past month or more for a decision from "someone" on his request to use Town Hall for the '#50' celebration.
If my memory is correct, Chris also volunteered in the past to be active in the return of the yearly Town Fair.
I have to agree with Chris's statements.
Town property is just that--it belongs to us all. Until the new guidelines are established by Council, it's hard to comprehend why Chris's request was denied. It would be interesting to see a list of all activities that occurred in the Hall over the last year. Believe me, it will never happen. Just be fair!.

By Lower Slower Delaware on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 05:42 pm:

Some interesting events include:
1.A friend selling her craft work
2. A meeting for Peg and Shirley Price in the fall(I have only heard this from a reliable source)

The most recent denial was for the FICC to host a Meet the Candidates Night. We are a political group and would contaminate Town Hall.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: