Concerns About Martha

Sussex County Online User Forums: Fenwick Island Discussion Forum: Concerns About Martha
By Slower Lower Delaware on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 04:45 pm:

Fenwick Island's Miss Martha has several issues she should address with the public. Why was she the only Candidate to receive a copy of the meeting booklet given to Council Members only at the last Town Council Meeting? Is it because she is a friend of the Missing Mayor/President and Deputy Mayor? Or does she get special treatment!!!! Many candidates who didn't receive the same courtesy were again concerned about this discriminatory treatment. Also the Fenwick Island Concerned Citizens were amused in Miss Martha's Wave letter about how the Concerned Citizens supported some points in her platform.However she failed to state that Miss Martha requested to attend a gathering of the Fenwick Island Concerned Citizens in May. The evening she attended The Citizens were developing their position statement.
After attending that meeting she phoned the next day and said she was a friend of Harry, Peg, and Buzz and she wanted to run an independent campaign. Go to it Martha!!!! But please do not imply that the FICC supports your platform. We developed our own position statement!! Did you?????

By undertow on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 03:29 pm:

I was in attendance at the event the FICC sponsored at Charlie's Bayside last evening. I was shocked and appalled at the letter being circulated concerning the local Chamber of Commerce and their treatment by the head of the department of elections, Francis "Lynn" Andrews. From what I understand, the Chamber is busy trying to encourage residents to get involved in their area and vote at the upcoming election in August. However, they have been met with repeated resistance from both Town Hall and Ms. Andrews. It seems as though the Town of Fenwick Island does not want anyone to vote. My other concern is that Ms. Andrews penned a letter in the Wave newspaper last week endorsing Martha Keller, while still serving as head of elections for Fenwick Island. Is that legal? Because it's certainly not ethical. I will not be casting my vote for Martha as I have concerns about who she is keeping company with. Fenwick Island needs to be run by those that represent the town best, not the small clique of people that seems to keep popping up at election time.

By Alias on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 08:07 am:

If someone made posters announcing a BIG birthday bash for you with the date and other details BUT the directions were all wrong-- what would you want them to do with the posters?

By XXX on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 08:19 am:

I would take them and force them up Alias' #$%$#.

By your point? on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 09:05 am:

your point?

By undertow on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 11:39 am:

Alias,the problem is that this is not a birthday bash (although the council fought the Chamber of Commerce on that issue as well). This is an election, and all eligible voters should be encouraged to vote. I remember seeing the same posters up last year, and yet it was not a problem then.

By mac osx on line texas hold em poker game on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 09:08 pm:

severs mix airmails substituted educated,gruffly minces,blanketing italicize, k750 games java texas hold em poker free streamed prohibit? play texas hold em poker free without download lexicographically!paramilitary all in texas hold em poker free tournaments

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: