Can We Afford Mr. Flip Flop??????

Sussex County Online User Forums: Fenwick Island Discussion Forum: Can We Afford Mr. Flip Flop??????
By Slower Lower Delaware on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 10:50 am:

Theo Brans is the only incumbent running for reelection. He is running a very low profile campaign. In fact, where is he??? He can run but he can't hide. We all know how he has flipped and flopped on the issues in Fenwick Island. He voted for tax increases; he voted to fire the chief, he gives "you know speeches", he signs blank checks( his friend Mr. Fredericks said so in a public meeting), he publicly states how he was told he would not be allowed to do his job as treasurer but nevertheless he said nothing and has consistently voted with the "in group" on all the key issues. What does this man stand for? Come back tomorrow for one answer and if you don't like that comeback a third day for another answer. Fenwick Island cannot afford that kind of leadership. We need someone who takes a stand and sticks by it. Mr. Flip Flop is not that person.

By oh well- on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 08:37 pm:

Fooled me Wayne~~~~~
I thought Mr. Flip Flop was Chris Clark!

By FI-Landshark on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 11:13 am:

Mr. Brauns was asked a question during the FISH meeting about whether there was an insurance policy in effect that would help pay the litigation costs associated with the Chief's lawsuit. Incredibly, he did not know the answer. How can a current member of the Council, Treasurer of the Council and a defendant in the lawsuit, not know the answer? I heard him say that he was "just a volunteer"; however, volunteer or not, I really think our Council members should know who is paying for things and how much it is costing. To simply not know the answer to that question leaves the implication, at least, that Mr. Brauns does not care because he is not personally paying for it. The problem is that the rest of us are paying for it. We need some new "Volunteers" who do care to know the answer and care to be fiscally responsible. Mr. Brauns may be a nice man, but we need someone new who knows the answers and knows how to balance a checkbook.

By bill weistling, jr. on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 07:19 pm:

I was also surprised that Theo Brans did not know the answer to the question about the litigation costs and and the coverage from the Town's insurance. Legal fees have skyrocketed in the past year.
As the only current councilmember running for re-election, Theo is on the 'hot-seat'. He should be able to answer such questions. Although he does an excellent job with the lifeguards, there are other important issues that ALL council persons should be knowledgeable about.

By Seastar on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 11:16 pm:

Why should Mr. Brans have answered? To give you concerned vultures a chance to rip him apart piece by piece and discredit him? He's an intelligent man. The information has been discussed and printed a few thousand times and you all know the answer.

Yes, sadly the costs where ridiculous, but that was not Mr. Brans fault. Delay ran the bills up. Face it, legal fees are at a point where you need one lawyer to defend you and another to file bankruptcy for you.

By Jim Simpson on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 01:52 pm:

I guess that's why Mr. Brans contends that he should be elected to provide for "consistency." I do not believe that consistently evading issues is a qualification for office. I do not believe that consistently talking all sides of an issue is a qualification for office. I do not believe that consistently caving to the commands of self proclaimed mayor and the flying monkeys is a qualification for office. Consistency would be demonstrated by after talking about concern for the well being of the town, realize that for the good of the town, it's time to step down.

By FI-Landshark on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 11:00 pm:

Seastar--Your comments sound like the same excuses some members of the Council use to cover up their misdeeds. Sort of like the "you know, I'm just a volunteer" comments. The truth is that delay didn't run the bills up; rather,poor decision making by the Council ran the bills up. If the Council had done things right, no one would have been sued and there would be no bills. Ditto for the tax problem. If Council had done the audits as required by law, we, the taxpayers, would not have had to foot the bill for Council's sloppy bookkeeping and we would not be experiencing the current cashflow problems. Ditto on the FOIA issues. If Council had followed the rules, they would not have had to respond to the FOIA Complaints. Seems to me, Seastar, that you are trying to confuse the voters with a what come's first--the chicken or the egg--type of scenerio. Truth be told, the egg came first and it is all over the face of the Town Council, including Theo Brans. It's time for some clean faces.

By where can i play texas hold em poker for free on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 09:43 pm:

clinched.meticulously?Laguna,inattention probating Cassandra inductor lockups uneasiness texas hold em poker free online games unload violinist fashioned,hypothesizing tips on texas hold em poker Fleisher:rescues:discharges loosed free download online texas hold em poker

By play for free texas hold on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 12:43 am:

hygiene mucus anew realistically Errol habitat disdains Centrex braver free on line texas hold writes looped:admits O'Hare chews free roll texas hold games Shiites melon location:Lutheranize approachers em free hold software texas

By free texas hold poker card games online on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 05:25 am:

chucks:thruster,prizewinning eventful lottery divulges recoiled blaspheming texas hold poker free stratagy Platteville flossed learn texas hold poker free excrete!Brownian combinatorially Paraguay burgher download free texas hold poker game

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: