Farewell Speech in The Wave

Sussex County Online User Forums: Fenwick Island Discussion Forum: Farewell Speech in The Wave
By will not say on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 10:06 am:

For those who did not hear it firsthand at the Council meeting, complete with all of the intonations during the first part of the speech that have become routine to those who attended Council Meetings, experience Peg's speech in writing!

By I will on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 09:06 pm:

grow up!

By we will too on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 01:54 am:

many of us have grown up over the last 2 years. the facts speak for themselves.
the reporting of the facts alerted us.
the reaction of the council angered us.
the withdrawal of 3 councilmembers pleases us.
the farewell speech just supports us.
No, not a member of FICC. They have their agenda. Just a few citizens who supported Peg and this council in the past and can't believe they still feel that they have done no wrong.
the reign is over.

By I will on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 05:42 am:

what i wrote wasn't about wrong or right doers, they have stepped down.

it's about lettin it GO! --- let it go.

By Soulman on Friday, August 01, 2003 - 10:43 am:

To I will:
It is extremely difficult to let go of something that is not over yet. The barrel still has rotten apples in it.

By Anonymous on Friday, August 01, 2003 - 10:59 am:

While Brans said he welcomes "watchdog" groups, he wishes residents would make sure criticisms are not anonymous. "That's what's not helping our town," he said of residents using pseudonyms to post on online forums about town issues. "They're cowards," he said.
This quote from Mr. Brans at the FISH forum is quite telling. Anonimity is the backbone of democracy. It seems that this statement would make anyone who votes anonymously, a coward. What is cowardly is not being able to admit when you are wrong. Suggest you bone up on the constitution, Mr. B.

By gumshoe on Friday, August 01, 2003 - 02:31 pm:

Hopefully, all that are new and good will be voted in and Brans needs to go!

By John on Friday, August 01, 2003 - 05:51 pm:

how many of you can vote tomorrow?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: