THIS TOWN MAY AS WELL BE NAMED NICARAGUA

Sussex County Online User Forums: Fenwick Island Discussion Forum: THIS TOWN MAY AS WELL BE NAMED NICARAGUA
By Pied Piper Hater on Monday, August 04, 2003 - 04:33 pm:

Its no better than any cheap South American Dictatorship. Instead of calling this an election it should just be called The changing of the Stooges. The same old half asleep half dead people will still be calling the shots, there will just be different faces on the dais.(with the 2 known exceptions). Voting will still go the same way, 4-3 or 5-2, depending on which side of the fence Brans is on that day. I'm sure it has already been decided who the new King of Fenwick will be in the continuing secret sessions or calls or emails. The truth is that the big winner was ---- PEG. So keep your eye out for that little red rice burner parked in front of town hall. Perhaps Fenwick Island has created a whole new concept of government,COVERT DEMOCRACY. And it may have less courage per capita than any other town in America,if it is still part of America.

By bill weistling, jr. on Monday, August 04, 2003 - 05:59 pm:

The elections are over. A great turnout, and the voters have spoken.
It's time to move on. Three new council members on a Council of seven. Let's start fresh. Work with the new Council and participate in our government.
Lots of new faces with great ideas exist in our community. I would hope that the Council will encourage new people to participate in the various committees of our Town government.
I've had more discussion with property owners over the last few weeks regarding this election than any election over the last 13 years I've been here. This is good.
We now have a new Council that will probably be watched more closely than any Councils in the past. Let's support, criticize, and offer suggestions. But remember that they were elected by the citizens of F.I. They represent us and should act in OUR best interests. We should do OUR best to work with them.
Let's all participate in our local government.

By Peter Piper on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 12:06 am:

right on Bill! democracy won out over the planned revolution, the town's people have spoken--
Life is good!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: