Sussex County Administrator ...
Gets Satisfactory Rating
Nov. 28 Council Meeting
Photo: Sussex County Administrator Robert L. Stickels.
GEORGETOWN -- Sussex County Administrator Robert L. Stickels presented the following report to Sussex County Council at its regular meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2000.
- Stickels told council that the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control gave the South Coastal Regional Wastewater Facility a satisfactory rating in all areas after conducting the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Annual Compliance Inspection on Thursday, Oct. 5. The total suspended solids of effluent was 2.0 parts per million and the biochemical oxygen demand of the effluent was 3.9 parts per million. The permit allows for a maximum of 23 parts per million and an average of 15 parts per million. The fecal coliform bacteria count was 30 colonies per 100 milliliters of effluent. The permit allows for an average of 200 colonies in 100 milliliters of effluent. Stickels congratulated the staff of the South Coastal Regional Wastewater Facility for its efforts.
- Stickels said Troop 4 in Georgetown reported 605 total complaints including 77 criminal arrests and 103 accident reports in October. Troop 4 also made 1,041 traffic arrests including 22 DUIs in 4,100 hours on patrol. Officers also participated in the Student Police Academy at Cape Henlopen High School, the Citizens Police Academy at Delaware Technical & Community College, and the Strong Communities Initiative monthly meeting.
- Stickels told council that the Delaware Department of Transporation will conduct a public meeting on Thursday, Jan. 11, 2001, on its Five-Year Capital Improvement Plan. The workshop will befrom 6-7 p.m. with public comments taken beginning at 7 p.m. in Room 529 of the Carter Partnership Building at DelTech in Georgetown.
- Stickels said the Sussex County Engineering Department will hold a public information meeting about the DNREC's loan requirements for the upcoming sewer project in the Oak Orchard and Riverdale areas. The meeting will be at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 9, 2000, at the Oak Orchard Community Center on Delaware 5. More information is available on the county web site at http://www.sussexcounty.net.
- Sussex County Council will hold the 18th annual Caroling on The Circle on Monday, Dec. 4, starting at 6:30 p.m. The Spanish youth group "Villancicos" will entertain from 6:30-7. Local entertainer Matt Barnes will perform from 7-8. Master of Ceremonies will be Rachel Pfanner from Channel 47 in Salisbury.
- County offices will be closed from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 5, to allow county employees to attend the annual Mildred King Luncheon.
Local News Index |
Click the buttons to vote on or see the results of our Question of the Week
- Home Page
- Sussex Search
- Sussex Shop
- Sussex News
- U.S. Weeklies