Mid-Atlantic Winter Storms ...
The classic winter storm from the Mid-Atlantic Coast to New England is called a Nor'easter.
A low pressure area off the Carolina coast strengthens and moves north.
Wind-driven waves batter the coast from Virginia to Maine including Delaware, and caused flooding and severe beach erosion.
The storm taps the Atlantic's moisture-supply and dumps heavy snow over the region. The snow and wind may combine into blizzard conditions and form deep drifts.
Ice storms are also a problem.
- Winter Storm Preparation
- Winter Storm Family Disaster Plan
- Watches, Warnings Explained
- When Caught in a Winter Storm
- Hypothermia and Frost Bite
- Mid-Atlantic Winter Storms
- Causes of Winter Storms
- Winter Storm Deaths
- Impact of Winter Storms
- Types of Winter Precipitation
News Index |